Reviews for Freedom, Fascination, and Ferocity
Clevingerrr chapter 23 . 9h
Looks like the gap between your main two fanfics is bridging. I like how, as time draws on, more references to Darwinism and the European powder keg are made. You've done a good job of tying together their plots.

Poor Nadira, though. She's done well for herself, but a single pregnancy would have been a serious scandal at the time. I just hope she doesn't create a rift between Matt & Kate or lose her career when the truth finally comes out. It'll make for great storytelling when the news breaks, though!
Clevingerrr chapter 19 . 2/25
Another great chapter! It was nice to see the rekindling of the relationship from Kate's perspective. You handled her insecurities and uncertainty well, making her worries of not being enough for Matt feel genuine. With that said, she still had enough of her usual confidence and scheming tendencies to balance it all out. I'm surprised at how well the different moods (the sexual tension, the humor, and he awkwardness) of this chapter meshed together, too. I hope you don't leave us all hanging with the next update! I'm loving the revival of this fanfic so far.
writing bird chapter 19 . 2/22
Noo! Don't leave us hanging!

I really enjoyed this chapter, especially the discussion between them, and Kate's jealousy. Can't wait until the next one!
JB chapter 18 . 2/22
Hey, I'm still reading! Matt Cruse/Kate DeVries fan fiction is few and far between, so I'm really pleased to see this one get the closure it deserves.
writing bird chapter 18 . 2/19
I'm still reading this! I was super excited when I saw that you'd written a new chapter! I know that in your Levithan/Skybreaker fic, you mention a baby that comes out of this, so I'd be super interested in seeing how this all goes down. Hopefully you'll touch upon this. For the time being, I'm so happy you've continued this, and know that I'll be following along to it.
Clevingerrr chapter 18 . 2/18
You’re back! :D Reading this feels like being reunited with old friends. It has been too long since I last read any Airborn fanfictions. This chapter was everything I had hoped for and more. You still capture the personalities of Matt and Kate perfectly. While reading this, I remembered why they remain some of my favorite YA characters. Their dynamic works so well and leads to great dialogue.

I’ll be looking forward to the concluding chapters of the story. It will be nice to reread this as a complete work!
Matty Muscleman chapter 17 . 1/20
Ok, this whole FanFiction is amazing! I hope that you decide to continue it. My criticism is purely constructive so here ya go: I think that this story needs some more back bone. More drama. In my opinion, Kate and Nadira didn’t fight enough and there was too much giving up and acceptance.
marimoonigiri chapter 17 . 3/5/2017
oh my god that was amazing!
I'm so glad to have found this FF and the fact that there are others who love this pairing and book series as much as I do.
You're an amazing writer, and keep up the great work :)
writing bird chapter 17 . 12/13/2016
Gosh, this fic is amazing! It's been a long time since I thought about the Airborn series, but it popped into my mind a few days ago and I am so glad I found this fic. It's great, your characters are realistic, and it's fun to read. I really hope you write more, since I'm dying to read what happens.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/21/2016
Amazing. I missed reading about Matt and Kate. Great job! I wouldn't change anything, your writing style is fantastic and gripping; it's as if I were reading someones thoughts coming off of the page.
Clevingerrr chapter 17 . 8/19/2016
Glad you're getting back into updating this. It's been, what, a year and 4 months? That's not too long of a wait between chapters. :P

In all seriousness, this was a fantastic chapter. It reminded me of why I kept following this story even after the serious update delays - you have Oppel's knack for character interactions and development down to a science. I loved every part of it. I loved Kate's initial hesitance to accept Matt, followed by her overcoming her jealousy and recognizing her feelings for him. The humor you included was good at easing the tension without breaking it. Not to mention how there were genuinely heartfelt moments between the romance and reconciliation. I don't want to call it a "perfect" chapter, but I had no problems with it at all.

I'm not sure where you can go from here, aside from having Nadira return with sudden news about a baby, and tying it into The Wagers of War and Peace. I mean, you could adapt Starclimber with the twists and turns of this factored into it, but that would be a LOT of work. I'm just happy you didn't give up on this story. It's an excellent fanfiction for a fantastic series of books.
ShinigamiKaiza chapter 17 . 8/19/2016
When I received the notification, I dropped everything to re-read this story. Didn't expect this to get updated ever, definitely worth the wait. I just wish there were more Airborn series fanfics or more of a community...
Guest chapter 17 . 8/19/2016
Hooray! I love this story! And yes it's too bad there aren't more of us airborne fans. If only oppel would write a sequel or get picked up by a film studio or something.
Sam Blondeau chapter 16 . 3/30/2016
I know that life takes precedent over this story, but I have only just read over this whole tale. You have no idea how much it has moved me. I guess it is a very funny expression to use because I've been glued to my couch since I first began reading it and still have not gotten up hours later. Oppel made Matt and Kate real, you brought them to life. Even as I'm writing this I'm crying. I don't think that there is any way I would change what you have conjurred. I cannot express how thankful I am that you have elaborated so...perfectly, on such an already illustrious masterpuece, and how eagerly I await the next. However much our own lives are important, I know that they are made even better when little pieces of anonymous sprinkles of goodness are gently brought into them. That being said, it is coming up on the one year anniversary, and I can imagine that you have the file titled "Cloudy Apples Part 2" sitting somewhere on your computer, waiting for that final touch. I don't think it needs that final touch. I think what would make it perfect would be if it were out on the twelfth of April. It would make it the best 20th birthday a boy could ask for. I hope that you consider, and I hope that whatever you do, you never stop writing, because you do not just have talent, you have a gift. You have something special, like Oppel, that makes me want to be a cabin boy.
Guest chapter 16 . 1/13/2016
PLEASE update! It would make my life.