Reviews for Freedom, Fascination, and Ferocity
Clevingerrr chapter 16 . 4/16
Seeing this fanfic in my update box shocked me! I mean...I thought for sure this had been abandoned...but I'm so glad I was wrong! This is easily one of the best Airborn fanfics around, and it deserves a proper conclusion, which it seems to be shaping up to.

These new developments for the story are rather unexpected, but they mesh well with the existing canon and previous chapters. I do like how Matt & Kate are (realistically) still grappling with the issues going on since Matt slept with Nadira, and how Matt is still the doggedly nice guy he was before. Although, I hope that he realizes that it wasn't his fault sooner or later (I mean, Nadira did take advantage of him when he was too intoxicated to think straight...). But, as they say, conflict is the soul of a story, and the inner turmoil you're giving Matt & Kate is fueling this story quite nicely! The expansion of Matt's backstory with the restaurant also worked well.

Two things that have been on my mind. First - was Mrs. O'Conner's name supposed to be a subtle pun? She is an Original Character, and her initials spell O.C...
Second - this may seem out-of-the-blue, but is this supposed to be a prequel to The Wagers of War and Peace? It's never said that Matt and Nadira used protection during that night, and coupled with the likelihood of Matt and Kate marrying, and Matt raising his and Nadira's child in your other fanfic...I might be grasping at straws, but the similarities of their situations did not elude me.

Please, please, give this fanfic the timely conclusion it deserves. You have one of the few full-length and high-quality stories in this archive, and it would be a shame to have it go unfinished after all of this time. Reading chapter 16 reminded me of why I loved this story so much in the first place - it reads like Oppel's other works, and it still has that pulpy charm that the original books contained.
Draconic chapter 16 . 4/15
And this is where things leave off. I'm about to go bananas. I need to know what comes next! It's a necessary part of existence! Please update soon. I'm going crazy here. You just write the characters' eccentricities so well!

This story is far more than I could ever have expected in a typical fanfic.
predatorform chapter 16 . 4/14
Wow you're back! This chapter was great, I love the O'Connors, though isn't this set in France? O'Connor sounds Irish to me, though wait... this is a restaurant in the poorer immigrant district I guess, so it does make sense. Sorry for my weird ramblings... :)

Anyway, the reconciliation was written very well, I like how you sprinkled details of their meal within the conversation, it really helped to soften the mood and integrate the setting into the story line. And other than my question with their surname, I really enjoyed the O'Connors, they really brought some comical relief to the scene and lightened up your story. And the pacing is really quite good as well, it's not moving too quickly, but it's not crawling along either.

I hope you can post soon, this chapter really surprised me, I honestly forgot about your story until now, but I'll remain a loyal reviewer as long as you keep on posting. :)

predator
AEREOLA BOREALIS chapter 16 . 4/14
HOLY HELL you're back is this real wat. This is the very first fix I've read and one of my favorites even now. Then almost a year later and now you've suddenly updated it. Thanks so much for reviving this. It is not lost on some of us. Also you can write like hell okay bye.
Jasper H. F chapter 15 . 2/5
You writing is truly impressive. It captures the tone of Oppel's characters and universe so perfectly. As a reader who adores the series and can't get enough of the universe, your writings are the perfect way to continue the story that I never wanted to end. When reading other fanfiction, while enjoyable, they don't quite have the power to make me believe that they belonged as part of the universe in the same way that you can. Please do not stop producing future chapters as I feel your fan-fiction is the only real link back to the Matt Cruse universe that I have apart from the original books. Love what you've done so far, keep up the amazing work
themergitonian chapter 15 . 8/26/2014
you should update this again. it's very good
Too lazy to log chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I will PAY you for the rest of this story. Please upload it! Or release an authors note where you respond to this so ill know to log on and exchange information and that
reviewer chapter 15 . 7/27/2014
Please update! I love this story!
i love areias chapter 15 . 5/17/2014
please update! this is amazing!
Draconic chapter 15 . 3/19/2014
Leaving this story alone, cold and abandoned would be an affront to storytelling, to humanity, and to ducks in tuxedos everywhere. Please continue. I beg you.
Draconic chapter 14 . 3/19/2014
I should have left reviews for every chapter, this story is brilliant. I was very skeptical when you mentioned the mature content, but you really made it about the hurdle in their relationship the incident caused. I haven't felt so tense about characters in weeks. Good for you.

Anyway, I am feeling hugely relieved by the prospect of them salvaging their relationship. You really had me going for those last five chapters. Heck, I'm still worried. The next chapter is the last one and the story hasn't been updated in over a year.
Clevingerrr chapter 15 . 3/9/2014
I certainly hope you're going to finish this. Aside from the occasionally excessive smut, I can't find any issues with the story. It's fantastic. Everyone's accurately portrayed (not sure if Nadira used so much British slang, although it's been a year since I last read Skybreaker), the descriptive prose is detailed and immerse, and the writing style is close enough to Kenneth Oppel's to feel like an actual story expansion.

I'll be favoriting and following this. Please, please: continue it.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/30/2014
plz update
Guest chapter 11 . 1/30/2014
Please update this if you can! This is a great story, it doesn't deserve to be abandoned.
LZ132 chapter 15 . 10/24/2013
WOW! I just finished the Airborn trilogy recently and this is an amazing bit of fan fiction to accompany it. I think in some ways I enjoy your take on the characters and their story better than the man who created them. You are an amazing writer; quite talented. You really have a firm grip on who Matt and Kate are, so much so that I have a somewhat difficult time keeping straight what happened to them in Oppel's novels and what has occurred through your own storytelling. Really the only criticisms I have is that, for me at least the changing of perspective as to who is telling the story is a bit confusing sometimes and, unless Oppel contradicted himself somewhere, Kate's eyes are brown. Although, to tell the truth, I kind of like it better the way you've described them as an intelligent shade of grey. It seems to add more to her character that way. In reality I think I like a lot of your descriptions and similes are better than Oppel's but that is just a personal opinion. Anyway, you are truly talented and I hope you find a career in writing at some point. In the mean time, I look very much forward to reading your next chapter (soon I hope) as well as your eventual conclusion.