Reviews for Freedom, Fascination, and Ferocity
Sam Blondeau chapter 16 . 3/30
I know that life takes precedent over this story, but I have only just read over this whole tale. You have no idea how much it has moved me. I guess it is a very funny expression to use because I've been glued to my couch since I first began reading it and still have not gotten up hours later. Oppel made Matt and Kate real, you brought them to life. Even as I'm writing this I'm crying. I don't think that there is any way I would change what you have conjurred. I cannot express how thankful I am that you have elaborated so...perfectly, on such an already illustrious masterpuece, and how eagerly I await the next. However much our own lives are important, I know that they are made even better when little pieces of anonymous sprinkles of goodness are gently brought into them. That being said, it is coming up on the one year anniversary, and I can imagine that you have the file titled "Cloudy Apples Part 2" sitting somewhere on your computer, waiting for that final touch. I don't think it needs that final touch. I think what would make it perfect would be if it were out on the twelfth of April. It would make it the best 20th birthday a boy could ask for. I hope that you consider, and I hope that whatever you do, you never stop writing, because you do not just have talent, you have a gift. You have something special, like Oppel, that makes me want to be a cabin boy.
PLEASE update! It would make my life.
Clevingerrr chapter 16 . 4/16/2015
Seeing this fanfic in my update box shocked me! I mean...I thought for sure this had been abandoned...but I'm so glad I was wrong! This is easily one of the best Airborn fanfics around, and it deserves a proper conclusion, which it seems to be shaping up to.

These new developments for the story are rather unexpected, but they mesh well with the existing canon and previous chapters. I do like how Matt & Kate are (realistically) still grappling with the issues going on since Matt slept with Nadira, and how Matt is still the doggedly nice guy he was before. Although, I hope that he realizes that it wasn't his fault sooner or later (I mean, Nadira did take advantage of him when he was too intoxicated to think straight...). But, as they say, conflict is the soul of a story, and the inner turmoil you're giving Matt & Kate is fueling this story quite nicely! The expansion of Matt's backstory with the restaurant also worked well.

Two things that have been on my mind. First - was Mrs. O'Conner's name supposed to be a subtle pun? She is an Original Character, and her initials spell O.C...
Second - this may seem out-of-the-blue, but is this supposed to be a prequel to The Wagers of War and Peace? It's never said that Matt and Nadira used protection during that night, and coupled with the likelihood of Matt and Kate marrying, and Matt raising his and Nadira's child in your other fanfic...I might be grasping at straws, but the similarities of their situations did not elude me.

Please, please, give this fanfic the timely conclusion it deserves. You have one of the few full-length and high-quality stories in this archive, and it would be a shame to have it go unfinished after all of this time. Reading chapter 16 reminded me of why I loved this story so much in the first place - it reads like Oppel's other works, and it still has that pulpy charm that the original books contained.
Draconic chapter 16 . 4/15/2015
And this is where things leave off. I'm about to go bananas. I need to know what comes next! It's a necessary part of existence! Please update soon. I'm going crazy here. You just write the characters' eccentricities so well!

This story is far more than I could ever have expected in a typical fanfic.
rejinn chapter 16 . 4/14/2015
Wow you're back! This chapter was great, I love the O'Connors, though isn't this set in France? O'Connor sounds Irish to me, though wait... this is a restaurant in the poorer immigrant district I guess, so it does make sense. Sorry for my weird ramblings... :)

Anyway, the reconciliation was written very well, I like how you sprinkled details of their meal within the conversation, it really helped to soften the mood and integrate the setting into the story line. And other than my question with their surname, I really enjoyed the O'Connors, they really brought some comical relief to the scene and lightened up your story. And the pacing is really quite good as well, it's not moving too quickly, but it's not crawling along either.

I hope you can post soon, this chapter really surprised me, I honestly forgot about your story until now, but I'll remain a loyal reviewer as long as you keep on posting. :)

predator
AEREOLA BOREALIS chapter 16 . 4/14/2015
HOLY HELL you're back is this real wat. This is the very first fix I've read and one of my favorites even now. Then almost a year later and now you've suddenly updated it. Thanks so much for reviving this. It is not lost on some of us. Also you can write like hell okay bye.
Jasper H. F chapter 15 . 2/5/2015
You writing is truly impressive. It captures the tone of Oppel's characters and universe so perfectly. As a reader who adores the series and can't get enough of the universe, your writings are the perfect way to continue the story that I never wanted to end. When reading other fanfiction, while enjoyable, they don't quite have the power to make me believe that they belonged as part of the universe in the same way that you can. Please do not stop producing future chapters as I feel your fan-fiction is the only real link back to the Matt Cruse universe that I have apart from the original books. Love what you've done so far, keep up the amazing work
themergitonian chapter 15 . 8/26/2014
you should update this again. it's very good
Too lazy to log chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
I will PAY you for the rest of this story. Please upload it! Or release an authors note where you respond to this so ill know to log on and exchange information and that
reviewer chapter 15 . 7/27/2014
Please update! I love this story!
i love areias chapter 15 . 5/17/2014
please update! this is amazing!
Draconic chapter 15 . 3/19/2014
Leaving this story alone, cold and abandoned would be an affront to storytelling, to humanity, and to ducks in tuxedos everywhere. Please continue. I beg you.
Draconic chapter 14 . 3/19/2014
I should have left reviews for every chapter, this story is brilliant. I was very skeptical when you mentioned the mature content, but you really made it about the hurdle in their relationship the incident caused. I haven't felt so tense about characters in weeks. Good for you.

Anyway, I am feeling hugely relieved by the prospect of them salvaging their relationship. You really had me going for those last five chapters. Heck, I'm still worried. The next chapter is the last one and the story hasn't been updated in over a year.
Clevingerrr chapter 15 . 3/9/2014
I certainly hope you're going to finish this. Aside from the occasionally excessive smut, I can't find any issues with the story. It's fantastic. Everyone's accurately portrayed (not sure if Nadira used so much British slang, although it's been a year since I last read Skybreaker), the descriptive prose is detailed and immerse, and the writing style is close enough to Kenneth Oppel's to feel like an actual story expansion.

I'll be favoriting and following this. Please, please: continue it.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/30/2014