Reviews for Sabbatical
Stillsingininrai chapter 8 . 8/10/2012
Perfect. As always. :)
Picklewinkle chapter 14 . 8/10/2012
His goodbye note made my heart clench. It sounded so final! And then he was there, and Bella and Edward were together, and all was right with the world.

I have to give you so much credit. The pacing of the story was fantastic. It pulled the reader along, tugging us forward where it needed to, giving us a second to breathe when that was required. You're succinct but still very emotional, and to me that is a really amazing talent. You dialed up the swoon without taking it too far. You gave us heat without dragging us too deep into the gutter. And you ended it perfectly. Again, that's a skill that so many writers don't possess.

Thank you for such a fantastic read!
Picklewinkle chapter 13 . 8/10/2012
I had a feeling he'd be gone. Since he's so good at being there in the moment, saying goodbye would be the thing he's not at all good at.

Still, I'm hanging on to his promises. He'd never be insincere.

I give Bella props for her attitude. In her shoes, I'd never be able to decide to let him go so gracefully. I'd be fighting myself tooth and nail.
Picklewinkle chapter 12 . 8/10/2012
Edward's back story is an interesting twist, almost the opposite of Bella's. His was a busy career and and empty life. Bella's was a full life that hollowed out her career when it emptied.

Bella's looking forward. For a woman already afraid of how strong her feelings for him are, that has got to be scary, scary, scary!
Picklewinkle chapter 11 . 8/10/2012
Bella's back story is incredibly painful. It's no wonder she was angry. I think Edward handled the situation perfectly. She needed an understanding ear. She needed to get it all out before she was interrupted. She needed to get to the end of the story so she could show herself that she was still in one piece. She's really turned a corner.

And the banter and swoon in this chapter is off the charts!
Picklewinkle chapter 10 . 8/10/2012
I like seeing Bella sure about what she wants, even if it's only with respect to sex at the moment. The simple honesty in the scene is what makes it work so incredibly well.
Picklewinkle chapter 9 . 8/10/2012
"I want to feel the way I feel whenever I'm with you." - What a perfect answer! And bravo to Edward for asking the right question!
Picklewinkle chapter 8 . 8/10/2012
I was giving Edward credit for always knowing the right thing to say, except here it seems he said the very wrong thing. I'm pretty sure that's just a surface reaction. It was the pink elephant in the room. Eventually it was going to come up. So my money's still on Edward for saying the right thing. I only hope Bella realizes it. I think she will once she calms down. In her shoes, it's not hard to imagine how much it would hurt to have the seemingly perfect man realize you are far from perfect. Not that I think Edward sees her as imperfect, but I think in her upset, she thinks Edward sees her as she sees herself.
Picklewinkle chapter 7 . 8/10/2012
When he kisses her in the beginning, you can see how badly she wants to give in.. Being with him would have been like an escape to her, not real. I almost cheered when he pulled back.

I want her to open up to him. He always knows what to say. No matter what her secrets are, the dark haired man with darker eyes, he'll know what to say to make her feel better about it. Or at least see it in a different light.
Picklewinkle chapter 6 . 8/10/2012
There's my rebel! Go Bella! You can see she's beginning to understand what she wants. It may only be in this situation. In fact, I think it will take her a little more time for her to figure out what she wants for herself, her career, her life, but I think Edward can help her with that. He's a calming influence for her.

I like the tactile side of their relationship. They reach out and touch when they feel the urge, asking permission if they aren't sure. It's very sexy.
Picklewinkle chapter 5 . 8/10/2012
Oh, Edward. I'm sitting her sighing happily. He knows the exact right thing to say. Definitely swoon-worthy. His honesty and straightforwardness are so endearing.

Way to go, Bella. I'm proud of her for being truthful about the kiss.

The opening of this chapter where you wrote about Bella watching Edward from her dark suite, and then the two images she saw when she was trying to meditate were some of the most simple, powerful sentences I've ever read. You really help the reader understand Bella's state of mind. I admire your talent.
Picklewinkle chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
I have to imagine after months of denial, the moment of clarity that hit Bella scared the shit out of her. And I'm willing to bet this is only the beginning. I don't think she's ready to face what she's become yet.

I feel bad for what happened to Edward, but for some reason, I think he can handle it. At least I hope he can.
Picklewinkle chapter 3 . 8/10/2012
Oh I like this Edward! Not only is he swoon-worthy, he's a bit of a smart-ass, I think. He'll need to hold on to the confidence if he's going to take Bella on. She came wearing armor, and she's still building a defensive wall around herself and her heart.

I love that she's so affected by him. If she weren't, I don't think he'd have a chance with her.
Picklewinkle chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
I like how Bella is fighting what's around her. You can see she is doing what's expected of her, even though it makes her uncomfortable. She's trying to find her bearings. And she's very amusing while she does.

There is a very real quality to Bella in the way you've written her. She may be angry, but she's still likeable. There are redeeming qualities that seep through such that we ignore her anger and focus on her wit. I'm already rooting for her, yet I'm not even sure what I want her to win.

I disagree with her, though. I thought Edward's opening line was lovely. I like that he shoots from the hip. He seems much more centered than Bella.
Picklewinkle chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
"A soothing place," he continues. "A healing place." - That sounds lovely, although I imagine being forced to go would suck.

And you're right. You always know.
1,311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »