Reviews for Mimicry
ArmyWife22079 chapter 4 . 4/16
I absolutely adored this story. Brought back some good memories of when I was a kid reading the series- and I can see Charlie making an apt for a baby dragon with its pilot light out, and hagrid bringing witherwings (coughbuckbeakcough) in for a checkup.
NakedFury chapter 4 . 3/26
This was a rather nice short and sweet story.

I have never read the Animal Ark series or didn't even know about them but I found that part of the story nice and the characters felt alive. The Alternate version of Harry Potter events was actually really nice too as I liked how you made Harry open his damn 'eyes' to the truth(so to speak) and man up.

I also further liked how you did not bog down the story with useless angst or self pity the Canon harry has because god dammit thats annoying to read about.
...How come no one else has thought to use the Cloak to defend against the Killing Curse.

It's so simple...the cloak hides one from death...I can't..it's fucking genius. I can't believe it.

As for Lady Luck. She doesn't like me after I smashed her kneecaps with a ball bat the last time she dangled something just out of my reach.
eyann85 chapter 4 . 10/15/2013
I do so enjoy reading your work ... Everything is always so bloody EPIC!
med chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
Thank you for sharing, this story was adorable! Harry made a very cute and loveable parrot.
Doomhammer551 chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
A good read, this is.

Just like a tasty slice of pizza, but for the mind.

PS : I'm a connoisseur of good snacks.
boredperson7 chapter 4 . 12/30/2012
Question-was the "gas explosion" that killed Mandy's parents really a gas explosion or was it Pettigrew (remember how the Ministry explained it to the Muggles?)
Also-will you do a sequel? Cos this was awesome! I loved this story.
Drac-frst chapter 4 . 11/24/2012
Very nice. Love the "cutie pie" bits and Harry's attitude as a parrot. I must admit I haven't read the book or seen the movie (I looked it up, and I /think/ they're the same plot you're drawing on), but you made that largely unimportant with decent descriptions/background and the fact that many animal movies are fairly similar. Not a whole lot of humor from my perspective, but the mostly light-hearted romance hit just the right note with me (I'm a bit of a sucker for it, much to my masculine chagrin). Also greatly enjoyed the fact that it was fairly short. I love long stories to death, but sometimes a short story that makes its point well in 30 min of reading can be more enjoyable than one that does the same but takes 4 or 6 hours.
mist shadow chapter 4 . 11/17/2012
you know, in that regard the Weasleys are also descended from the Peverells, I think. oh sorry, those were Prewetts, silly me. but that dig about being related to Merlin is nothing spectacular got me laughing. it is a silly claim to make after all, in a society that are magical. though I guess it depends on which idea of Merlin one goes by, as there are so many, with some claiming he was a half-breed to begin with.

ah, the happy ending. it's what we all wish for. this was a nice story to read. thank you
mist shadow chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
ah, they were quite good 5 and a half years. unfortunately, life has a way of catching up, and past can gleefully blindside at the most inconvenient moment.
on the other hand, this gives an opportunity to truly finish that chapter of his life and start a new one
and I see that he came around about Life, Luck and Fate. they are pretty vengeful after all
mist shadow chapter 2 . 11/17/2012
who would've guessed that life as a bird is so boring and hazardous one
wonder where he picked up the bawdy drinking songs. Padfoot?
mist shadow chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
well, Luck is not a bitch, she just usually has a very skewered sense of humor. I remember a movie about a guy who was rumored to have the best of luck. so, when his friend or sister (don't remember which) got into hospital and needed transfusion of very rare type 3 negative blood, and he decided to help her. well, the hell broke lose, he got got in a crossfire, was almost ran over, got on a bad side of a gang, and was chased down across half the city, never mind other things that happened to him for no apparent reason. and in the end? one of the two guys that were chasing him got a head injury with no chance of ever waking up, and as a registered donor with no relatives and from military or smth, doctors were allowed to use him as donor. as llo and behold, he had blood 3 negative. would you look at that
and Harry here truly does have a foul mouth. guess living with Kreachure is not very good on language. though it does expand vocabulary tremendously
Jostanos chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
Rushed smushed, Jenn.. Mimicry is perfect just the way it is. _

in other words...

YOU PASS!
FLAWLESS VICTORY! _

hm... I wonder... May it be possible for you to write another one of these but with Harry joining in the fun with Mandy and friends?

Just curious. :)

P.S.: A friend of mine tried to English dub Animal Ark a while back and he asked if I could portray 'Mr. Waterflea'.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
Wait. Did I MISS something somewhere? We don't see hide or hair from Harry's old 'friends' ever since he left the magical world behind five years ago. So what the heck HAPPENED to get Molly Weasley so angry that when she and her two companions FINALLY tracked him down after all these years that instead of approaching him like his FRIENDS and not causing trouble with muggles, the bints not only break into a muggle pet hospital just because whatever they were using to track Harry with led them there, but they ATTACK Mandy and John AND Molly killed a defenseless dog just its barking was annoying her? What happened that lead to Molly and the other two doing something so DARK and EVIL like attacking innocent muggles? If anything why didn't any ministry owls show up with warning/threats about using magic in front of muggles? Even if Molly and the other two were of legal adult age they still get those kind of warnings especially if magic was detected being used on or around muggles. *lol* I'm surprised aurors and obliviators haven't shown up to investigate what happened and to obliviate the memory of the magic being used from the minds from whatever muggles are around. *lol*
LadyRainDancer chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I was always under the impression Animal Ark was set in America...