Reviews for Yggdrasil
Sweta-hyd chapter 1 . 4/14
Wonderful!
Skogsmard chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
Fantastic description of the start of Rolf and Luna's relationship North. A great story all in all.

As a native in Swedish even the short Swedish dialogue is correct and (almost) appropriate for a kafé's setting (adding "vänligen" instead of "tack" after "söder té" when placing an order may come across as a bit formal or old-fashioned to a native speaker).
From the perspective of a reader fluent in both the English and Swedish languages the switching back and forth is seamless and almost unnoticeable.
The only hiccups in the switching back and forth between languages is when you wrote "the rådsalen" and "the trolldomsministeriet" as "the" becomes redundant. The determining article in swedish is latched on as a suffix, as in, added to the end of a word, rather than being a small word attached before the word to be determined (like "the" in English). Just translating "ministry for magic" would give "trolldomsministerium" and translating "the ministry of magic" would yield "trolldomsministeriet". Similar rules apply to "council chamber/rådsal" vs "the council chamber/rådsalen" here adding the word chamber afterwards is also redundant.

However take my little grammatical rant for what it is, a bit of nitpicking from a native Swedish speaker who's also fluent in English.

The story in itself shows that you really have done your research. For example: The fact that the summer evenings are really long in Sweden and "Stortorget" (the great square) is a real square in Stockholm, there are a lot of coffeeshops around it and "Svenska Akademien" is actually situated there.
Innieminnie chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
Oh my goodness, this was adorably cute. I can't even. Best chemistry ever 3.
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
North,
You could not have developed a better start to the Luna-Rolf love story.
FoM
muumi2three chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
A delightful interlude, with an impressive sense of both place (appropriate for Rolf!) and character. Luna is well portrayed, and what a fabulous "muggle" outfit she has.
marinka chapter 1 . 7/25/2014
Loved luna's reasoning when she was picking her outfit, I always wondered why she dressed that way and your version makes a lot of sense.
Vicki Turner chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
AW! this was too cute to handle! I love your Rolf and Luna. I hope I'll stumble upon more of their story as I continue reading through your stories!
sweetluck1 chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Yay!
virtualcupcakes chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Yes! Yes! Oh my god that was the cutest! Good job, you did a superb job writing this :) I loved how Rolf was smart, but still just weird enough for Luna
hattifnatt chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Really enjoyed this! I imagine it's pretty hard to write Luna well, but I liked your portayal of her - and you made an actual person of Rolf Scamander, who has never really featured as more than a name in any fics I've read. I also enjoyed the setting - Stockholm is my town, so I can really picture them hanging out in Stortorget or on Djurgården. I liked the fact that Trolldomsministeriet is in Gamla Stan, because while that island is pretty small and I've been all over it loads of times there are just so many tiny, twisty streets that I still have no problem imagining a whole building going unnoticed there (if, that is, it had some magical help).
hills chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I Love your Luna. Through your stories, i feel like i've come to understand and appreciate a character i hardly understood or had much love for, while reading the books. I've always imagine Rolf as a much older person, but here, you not only make the idea of a much younger Rolf plausible, you make it sound convincing.
thlove chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
Awww! I love Luna and she is just so dang cute!
mcfuz chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I love the idea of Rolf being younger than Luna. This was fun to read. xx
polandATEmyTACOS chapter 1 . 3/5/2013