Reviews for Muggle Studies
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I just really can't get my head around this one. Muggle hating with a passion Alecto Carrow having a standing affair with a muggle sympathizer? And then at the end, Charity is dead and Alecto is excited over a sex toy? The spelling and grammar are good, the writing style flows well, but the content ...
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
*Purrs* I approve heartily of this smut, and of the pairing :D I liked the way you wrote both characters - they seemed well-matched. Easily my favourite line was

-Charity winked. "But perhaps you're not as unfamiliar with this as you claim."

Saucy Charity ;)
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I'm not a huge fan of femmslash (nothing against lesbians, it's just that I can't relate to the emotions they feel for each other so yeah) but I thought you wrote the smut extremely well. Many at times, I feel it is a vital part of the story and I appreciate when it used smartly and nicely - this was one of the cases. Though I do wish their relationship was a bit more well developed, other than the smut, for a lack of better word :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
For full disclosure, I'm not a big fan of femmeslash or smut. Your premise is interesting, with the Muggle artefact near the end. I had a hard time understanding how this affair began. One minute they were arguing and the next they were heading upstairs together? It would take some knowledge of one another to know they would even be interested in the first place. An interesting take, overall, especially near the end as you show Alecto becoming the Muggle Studies professor. I would expect her to feel some sort of loss that Charity was dead though...
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Ah, this was a little too creepy for my taste, haha. Charity and Alecto... interesting choice of a pairing. I do like the way that the two of them converse, even if I personally would never ship the pair of them together. Overall, great job!
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This was incredibly entertaining! Definitely wasn't kidding when you said smut. That aside, you crafted a great story, and I really like the way you wrapped it up. Nicely done!
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Brilliant. I have never read anything about either of these characters before as I did not find them particularly intruiging, but I think that this is very well written.
I like how you constantly talk about the differences between them and I also really like the way that you do the 'question, answer' bit :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Very well written, with a curious pairing. I liked the way you wrote the conversation, the "I ask, you answer" part.
the lola chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Well this is certainly an interesting pairing, and I have the greatest respect for you for making it work. I don't read smut generally, but I think this was very well written. I enjoyed the dynamic between these two - complete opposites, hiding their relationship, passionate. It worked, so well. I particularly enjoyed the interaction between them at the pub, because it was just so blunt, but it got a lot across.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Haha, I liked this. The pairing is awesome, first of all, because I love weird pairings and this is definitely weird. I think you wrote it well, and I love how they're not really in a relationship, they're just using one another for physical benefits as opposed to actually dating. Yet I can tell there's some affection there, even if it's not true love. I like the differences between Alecto and Charity, and how you definitely show that they are opposites. Haha, I love how Alecto insults Muggle Studies, because she ends up teaching it herself - clever little detail to include there. Charity having a secret side is pretty awesome as well, and I really like the idea of her being much more than just the quiet Muggle Studies teacher who gets killed in DH. I think there should have been a page break at the end, because it segued suddenly from Alecto and Charity discussing the sex toy to Alecto standing in the office, but overall this was a very unique fic and you wrote it well. Good work.
still kat chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I like how you focused this story on the smut, but filled in the rest of the story with characterisation and how you had an actual situation. I suppose that even pure-blood muggle-haters don't discriminate much when it comes to sex. The bit with the 'artefact' reminded my of Gamma's Andromeda/Narcissa story, which is a great compliment in my book.

Well done!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Woah. I normally don't read non-het smut, but you did a very nice job with this :) I like how you included the awkward aspects of their conversation and it wasn't just a "magic ohmigosh we can talk about anything!" sort of deal. It really did feel like two people meeting each other after a really long time. I also like your characterization of Charity as a hippie :D
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
This pairing is very intriguing. The way you threw them together was pretty creative and I like the way you established their relationship as not even friends with benefits but just... well... benefits. It's always great when I can read a fic mostly centered around smut but still takes care to keep the characters in character so nicely done there. I think a dividing line of some sort would be good to have towards the end so that it's clear that it's a different time and Alecto is with her brother taking over the school. I'm glad you did end it the way you did though. Really good job :)
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Oh christ, I saw the summary and couldn't resist. This is not good for me my mind is already too far in the gutter XD

anyway, feedback.

I think that the characterisations were spot on and the reasoning behind the two of them having sex was completely believable from what we know of Alecto and... well... we don't know much of Charity so it was a good take on what she might've been like. Often sweet innoncent people arent what they seem. XD

Great job on this, I really enjoyed it :D
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
This isn't the sort of thing I normally read, I don't think I've ever read anything about either of these characters before, but I think the characterisations of them were good - Alecto seems IC with what we know of her, and Charity... well it's an original interpretation, anyway xD I think it works, though, and definitely makes for an interesting story!