Reviews for From A Distance
Rae Kardrinalin chapter 1 . 6/29
That was well written! And I gotta say, it's very well done with Ciani. I think maybe you captured her inner mind and workings with exceptional clarity. Very well done!
silvereyedbitch chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Like you, I am no fan of Ciani. However, every now and then, I suppose it helps to break the monotony to tell a story from a different viewpoint. The story was fine, just not my cup of tea. But, I'm sure there are some few souls out there who enjoy her character, so hopefully this will help to expand your fanbase at least. I think I'm gonna go back and read Creeps the Ivy Higher Still again so I can have the nice vision of her death back in my head!
hobgoblin123 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
That was a lot more than 'fairly good'; another one of my favourites. In my opinion the plot wasn't far fetched at all, and you captured the characters perfectly. Ciani definitely had a soft spot for Gerald Tarrant and a lot less interest in Damien as soon as the Hunter entered the scene. Presumably he didn't give a damn for her, just using her for his own devices. Especially the Hunter and his 'serpent's venom of sweet lies' is absolutely spot on. 'Mine'. That scene is just great and says it all. No talk about love, just a diabolical cocktail of temptation, eternal hunger and possessiveness. So: 'Yours'. A very good story, and a believable one!
WereBunny87 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
No one can escape the awesomeness that is Gerald/Damien! Lol! Bwahahahah -cough- great job, love!
Herdcat chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I enjoyed this - I liked her perspective on Damien and their relationship was so clearly never going to last- she was actually the stronger one in that relationship and her being drawn to Gerald was an element of the books that fascinated me - the idea that Tarrant would use her emotions against her was an interesting one - that said I would have much preferred a story in which Tarrant and Ciani actually had some manner of relationship - I get the impression that Tarrant would be drawn to powerful adepts - her neutrality would make her a potential ally and while he would never allow anyone to get close to him who had the power to be a threat her status of adept but not adept put her in a unique situation - I can't imagine him sharing his memories with just anyone - and I always got the impression that Damien would have liked to stay with her but that she rejected him because of her passion for the rahk but I suppose thats where oc comes into it! speaking as someone who doesn't really get slash I am a lot more favourable towards Ciani than a lot of other people in this fandom seem to be and I love your writing I just think her and Tarrant had chemistry that could have been explored in more detail!