Reviews for Tales from the Academy Honorverse
Bernardus chapter 6 . 4/19/2019
Well written.
Pegeen chapter 5 . 8/16/2018
Very impressive piece of work this. Have read the Vorkosigan version of Anny which was also impressive if more gritty. Your stories are among the best-written on this site.
KariAnn chapter 6 . 11/27/2017
You hooked me . These characters are similar, but you have made this a different world. Bravo. I guess I have to buy your book.
mdpopescu chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
I've only read the author notes but... have you tried just self-publishing your books on Amazon? Your books seems to have decent ratings on Goodreads. You don't have to "become a full-time writer" - just put them there and let them do whatever. (I have a programming book that sells about three copies a month. Who cares? It's not like it's costing me anything.)
SnakeEater82 chapter 6 . 4/23/2016
This was Definitely a Damned good tale! I was glad to see that Helen was able to pull herself back from the brink, Anny saved her there at the end. One tiny thing was overlooked though. At their first welcoming dining in on board ship & the toast to the Queen was made Anny should also have given the Grayson toast, it had become accepted shortly after Graysons had started being assigned to Manticoran ships.

Now on to the next part of their story{grin}.
SnakeEater82 chapter 3 . 4/22/2016
I can see exactly how your Helen could end up as she is here. Minor choices can have effects far beyond their weight. In many ways the canon Helen was saved by her adventures on Earth saving Berry & her brother. They gave her someone she Had to look out for, to be there for & to raise as balanced individuals. From what I've read here she didn't have that encounter in her life this time so lacked that balancing weight.
Brazouck chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
That was fantastic, a very good and "touchante" story (sorry don't know the english word).

Merci beaucoup
Drew1969 chapter 6 . 12/21/2013
You have really done a great job I think DW would like it
Lee Guo chapter 6 . 10/7/2013
I just finished reading the whole thing.

I really like the sense of duty that was emphasized after battle in the fourth form chapter. I think that may have been a minor addition in your story, but I am thinking about adapting that sense of duty into my own life. but not a duty to myself, but to a cause. because if it's a duty to myself, then i become a selfish person like anyone else.

i think patric should have been the person in anny's place during the marine engagement in the enemy ship. as much as i think anny is sexy, i don't like her. i like patric more

maybe it's because i'm a guy, and i like bros over hoes. or rather, me over hoes, since i can identify with patric more than i can ever identify with anny

i think you definitely shouldn't give up writing as a job. what you do need: is to skip areas that are boring, such as transitional areas, and have more action (more conflict situations where fear and desire is high - such as the entire battle in the last chapter). I think your characterization is pretty good, but I think the "scared, peerless, runaway, pretty, female jewel" is overdone. By that, i mean anny. I think she's overrated in fiction, particularily military science fiction, which is written by mostly men.

I don't like "squirt" to describe helen.

I don't like the cheesiness in which the four cadets often go about. "and they all laughed"...

I'm also amazed that you can come up with all these things to talk about. i doubt i can parrellel that unless i try really hard. some of it is boring, but a lot of it fits the setting. your level of detail is daunting!
Kali-blue chapter 5 . 10/3/2013
Totally worth it. Great set of cadet vignettes.
carick of hunter moon chapter 6 . 7/25/2013
one of the best, if not the best, of it kind, all in all a great read, which will keep you up, way past your bed time, as you lose your self in it, a real page tuner
The Unicorn chapter 4 . 3/10/2013
For the most part this seemed like a very well written and interesting story, a couple of nitpicks but nothing big, until now.

I stopped reading at "Cadet McDermott looked upset. "Anny has never...!" he began. He blushed but went on: "I mean Cadet Payne's actions are above reproach, ma'am!" he said earnestly.

"I'm very glad to hear you say that, Mr. McDermott and the reason I've asked the three of you here is to help make sure they stay that way.""

They are cadets, more over they've already taken the oath meaning they're trusted to give their lives for the crown and spend the lives of others for that purpose. If Anny's chastity was that important the commandant would have had her for a meeting before first form and talked to her about it. and that's it.
Vhaeraun The Masked God chapter 6 . 1/10/2013
THIS IS FANTASTIC. THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT. WEBER WOULD BE PROUD.
cjsl8ne chapter 6 . 11/11/2012
I just wanted to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed your story. I think you did a wonderful job especially with the first few chapters. Now if David Weber would only get book 14 out...sigh. Thanks for all your heart work and creativity! I plan to check out your other stories altho I have never read the back story for your Vorkigan? tales.
becuzitswrong chapter 6 . 10/30/2012
If you want to delete the last 3 Guest reviews, they were mine when logged me out. Here is the last one:

Fantastic finish! I was so impressed by this story. I love seeing the backstories of any epic, which we so often don't in the Honorverse. While I love Honor Harrington, she so overwhelms the others around her that her story takes complete precedence over theirs. So we don't see their trials and tribulations, their lives and yes, sometimes, their deaths. You brought all of that out beautifully for four young people. Wonderful writing. Fantastic descriptions of the events of battle and its aftermath. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading this story. It felt like a part of the Honorverse. Great job!