Reviews for Like A Bartender
heyalove43 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
ohhh i like this :)
and i love your reasoning to why they are having sex so early in the fic :)
seems legit
but i love it so far
and i have no complaints about it ;)
but i would love it
if you could update this as soon as you can :)
soo till the next chapter i bid you adieu :)
oliviamae745630 chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This storys getting hot already, I love it! Please update!
Manami Nightray chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
I love it so far! Please write more soon!
That70schick09 chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Oh hells yes! I like horny Shizuo :3
Deep or Shallow chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Love it! :D Izaya is such a slut, as expected from a sociopath No really. I mean it. Sociopaths aren't great with commitment and most people ignore that info when dealing with Shizaya. I just found it weird that Shizuo was so quiet, not even sulky or the slightest bit angry... I'm also enjoying the alcohol terminology and mixing, I'm not very knowledgeable in the area. :D Ah, whatevs. Great fic, keep on writing! :)
blackirishawk chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Shizaya whether short or long is still freaking amazing! Sooo go get it shizaya!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I dig it. I would have liked to see it go slower, have some flirting/teasing, then ba-bam!
Slayers64 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Wow, so far I'm really liking the idea of this story :D
I loved how you put so much detail into the procedures for making each drink and Izaya's selling point. I also liked how Izaya seemed so popular with the customers and how everyone kept coming to him for drinks. Neat how Shizuo and Izaya met as well. Keep up the good work, it's a very interesting story, and seems like it has a lot of potential.

Now for what I think you could improve on. Starting off, I think it would of been a good idea to describe the characters more (namely Izaya and Shizuo, only optional if you want to do other characters), as in describing their looks, since it's their first meeting and they're wearing different outfits.

Another thing would be to replace their names with others terms now and again such as "The blonde followed..." but you seemed to have picked up on that error as you continued along, so it was only a little bit in the beginning, where the name usage got a little repetitive.

Besides that, it would be to check over your work one or two times (or get a beta) for simple grammar errors, which you didn't have many, only the occasional ones.

Last but not least, although you explained your reasoning in the author note at the bottom, Izaya's flirting was a tad bit sudden, and if i were in Shizuo's shoes, I would have been a bit shocked, and trying to figure out what was happening, instead of rushing right on in so fast. But I can also see where you're coming from, Izaya is arrogant and haha horny too in this fic, and thinks he can get any guy or chick, so it's sort of to be expected in this fic.

Now going on to suggestions... I would love to see a fight between Shizuo and Izaya as to who tops. xD I don't know why, but I just thought it would be hilarious. Like Izaya being used to always topping, and suddenly has to take bottom, and is all pissy about that. x3 I'll definitely be adding this story to my watch list. It's been a while since I've read any good new stories for this paring. Update when you can, I'll be eagerly awaiting.

P.S.- Let me know if my critique bothered you. Some people don't like getting them; I personally love them, because I see it as a way of improvement, but I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea. Have a good one!
Chelsea619 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
hahah i loved it! X)...please do more chapters! :D
Rikka-tan chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
wow, this is great :D
shizu-chan is so quiet and rather composed, while izaya is a chatter-box as always XD
it's pretty interesting to read shizaya in bartender setting :)
Maru de Kusanagi chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Interesting start of the plot!