Reviews for There and Back Again
meburleson chapter 9 . 8/22
Oh no, oh no!? PLEASE come back to finish this! Its soooooooooooooo good! I need to know how John handles this and how Sherlock saves him. Oh man, oh man.

This story is brilliant. Please continue it. Pretty please!
meburleson chapter 8 . 8/22
Interesting use of the chase scene from the show. I like it! Of course they couldn't actually do the scene with John blind, it would have never realistically worked. But John can imagine these things happening.

I was a little disappointed that more detail was not put into what John was sensing throughout this chapter. I love the awkward conversation about significant others and Sherlock asking/telling John why he wasn't upfront about being blind.

Btw, eating spaghetti blind? I make a mess of it as a sighted person, I can only imagine the huge mess is make if I couldn't see. John seemed to have handled it seek though.

Oh no, I only have one more chapter to read? I'm sad to see it end.
meburleson chapter 7 . 8/22
I LOVE the part with the suitcase. I'm surprised Sherlock didn't tell John why the suitcase had to be pink. Having not seen the victims clothing, he would not have known she was dressed in pink head to toe.

I'm interested to see whether John is anxious about eating in front of Sherlock. He's only been blind six months, I'm sure he has not mastered the whole, eating without seeing your food situation. It can be quite embarrassing for newly blind people to know they are making a mess, fumbling around their plate and such. I'm Aldo interested to see how they you handle him knowing what's on the plate to eat.
meburleson chapter 6 . 8/22
Wow! This story has Mycroft almost noticing Johns blindness immediately and Sherlock taking a full day to realize it. Interesting plot twist! I'm enjoying this story A lot, like, REALLY ALOT. I like that you've wrote a Blind John. I'm hoping to find a few more too.
meburleson chapter 5 . 8/22
Sherlock knows! I can't believe he missed it all this time. Especially after John asked about the number of stairs. And used his phone, which I'd assume is accessible for John to use even though he's blind, so he would have text to speech and voice over enabled.

Either way, you're doing a fantastic job with this story. I can't wait to see how you've handled the MANY. Challenges you're facing with this episode and John being blind.
meburleson chapter 4 . 8/22
Hmmm, wow. so Sherlock doesn't know about the blindness? How is that even possible? I am completely interested to see how all this works out with John being blind. I'm excited someone took this approach to the story.
meburleson chapter 3 . 8/22
Hmm, fascinating chapter. I only have one criticism. I think. John would have wanted to explore the flat a bit. Being blind, he now knows absolutely nothing about the place he will live in. But the interactions between John and Sherlock have been awesome! I am surprised that Sherlock as not once mentioned John's blindness. He always just says whatever he observes. Has he really not noticed or is Sherlock being polite? Wait...is there such a thing as a polite Sherlock? Lol
meburleson chapter 2 . 8/22
I'm quite loving this tale so far. Is it bad that I hope his vision doesn't improve? I suppose I won't get that lucky the first blind John I seek out and find.

Again, I'm impressed with the amount of detail and description you put into your story. You do a VERY. Good job. I do wish we got a little more of what John is sensing since he can't see. You've given us a lot of that, but still seems like he the blindness isn't affecting him as much as it might. And I am curious to see whether Sherlock did indeed notice his blindness. He did not mentioned it, despite, being Sherlock who just says everything as he sees it.

Can't wait to press on and see what you've done with this story.
meburleson chapter 1 . 8/22
Yes! I've been looking for a Sherlock story where John is blind. I'm so glad to have found this one. I love how much detail you put into the story, your descriptions of people, places, actions and feelings is fantastic!

I really love this story already and it's only the first chapter!

I absolutely cannot wait to keep reading! If it's okay with you, I'll review each chapter as I read so you'll know my reactions as I go.
Astrido chapter 9 . 5/25
are you ever going to finish this story?
I really love this.
cheers
Maya
sam83 chapter 9 . 4/21
Love the story please continue
SwimmerGirl0726 chapter 9 . 12/13/2014
this makes me happy :D it's not a "oh, poor invalid, let's get you adjusted to being limited" it's "yeah, I'm blind, and I'm still able to determine cause of death, deduce you almost as good as Sherlock, and live a normal life". I love that! I can't wait to read more. There's not much left in SIP!
Guest chapter 6 . 9/12/2014
Are you ever going to update again? Its a shame if not, this is a really good one.
Guest chapter 9 . 7/2/2014
This is going really well, can't wait for next part
readaddict123 chapter 9 . 2/6/2014
This is a great story! It really puts a twist on things! Update soon!