Reviews for The Shinobi Test: First Mission
Viktorius chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Liking the realistic approach!
noshadowone chapter 5 . 8/28/2012
im just thinking i know naruto isnt the most skilled but he can equalize numbers in a hurry so if i kakashi i would be telling to be ready to use as many as needed.
noshadowone chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
maybe something like a magistrate, could be closer to and eastern sheriff, but i dont know but good chapter cant wait for the next.
Redhand chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Awesome story, I'm definitely enjoying the more realistic setting. Dropping Sakura was a good move, as the naivete that Naruto shows is enough, without Sakura adding hers in.

Concerning Naruto though, arguably the positive/unrealistic canon setting contributed to forming his canon behaviours, so is it fair to keep the naive canon Naruto when the setting is changed to a darker and more realistic one? Shouldn't he have been slapped down hard enough to wake him up before now?

Enjoying the story, looking forward to more!
Foxcomm chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Would you believe me if i said I had a few songs on loop while reading this? Streets of Lerado and Hung my Head. Cowboy songs about dying. The coincidence is a little bit creepy.
Samuraiguy2 chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
Really good chapter and I am loving the fact that Naruto is slowly being shown how the world around him actually works.
125b chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
seeing naruto's sad little dreams being crushed chapter by chapter as he realizes ninja actually exist to kill people for money is one of the funnies things ive ever read.
logan chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
you know, it's interesting. During the conversation about saratobi it struck me that though this story is much more realistically grounded than the cannon, it is the complete opposite of what the canonical naruto is about thematically. This is much closer to what actual shinobi were (spy/assassin/etc) where as naruto is a story about transcending those things in favor of peace. In true "break the cutey" fashion, this world seems more likely to have a disgusted naruto give up being a shinobi, or pretty much give up on having a soul. speaking of soul destroying things, i am really missing hinata -_-''

keep it up
Logan
Essex chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
Nice fic, although having the bounty on most minor criminals being equivalent to the cost of getting your fence painted is a tad odd.
The Last Smith chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
This is a very nice story, I am looking forward to future updates.
Alpenwolf chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
I have the feeling that gideon will kill himself before he ever stands a trial ... meaning that the village and the ninja's won't get a reward ...

also about the black list thing, it is understandable ...

konoha trying to spare their children the memories or knowledges of war are sometimes a mistake ... or at least partly misleading the students ... all for konoha is the nice village image huh?
UchihaLord15 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
This is the best "dark" story you've done. Still, kind of weird when you really think about it. Most of the characters, with exceptions like kakashi and guy, aren't really any more messed up than a regular person might be, so testing their psychological strength doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to do anyway, since there were still people like orochimaru and itachi. It would make more sense for them to just do D ranks for about a year or two, with their sensei presumably helping them to train and get stronger, then indoctrinate them at thirteen or fourteen, when they have a better chance of dealing with it. Twelve is a little too young. If a fourteen year old kills someone, they're more likely to deal with it and grow up just fine, compared to a twelve year old.
Still, this story does point out how strange it is in the canon for there to be nothing like this. They all talk about killing really easily, when so few seem to have done it.
zeonista13 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
Another good short chapter, with decidedly unelightened self-interest displayed on the part of everyone except Naruto. :) The general story still supports my view that this world does not hold the Will of Fire in high esteem. Gideon reminds me of the outlaw from the Rashomon movie in his bearing and lack of repentance. .
tsuki.shizukesa chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.
V4voracious chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
love the more life like portrayals..keep 'em coming... :)
188 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »