Reviews for The Shinobi Test: First Mission
UchihaLord15 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
This is the best "dark" story you've done. Still, kind of weird when you really think about it. Most of the characters, with exceptions like kakashi and guy, aren't really any more messed up than a regular person might be, so testing their psychological strength doesn't seem like a reasonable thing to do anyway, since there were still people like orochimaru and itachi. It would make more sense for them to just do D ranks for about a year or two, with their sensei presumably helping them to train and get stronger, then indoctrinate them at thirteen or fourteen, when they have a better chance of dealing with it. Twelve is a little too young. If a fourteen year old kills someone, they're more likely to deal with it and grow up just fine, compared to a twelve year old.
Still, this story does point out how strange it is in the canon for there to be nothing like this. They all talk about killing really easily, when so few seem to have done it.
zeonista13 chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
Another good short chapter, with decidedly unelightened self-interest displayed on the part of everyone except Naruto. :) The general story still supports my view that this world does not hold the Will of Fire in high esteem. Gideon reminds me of the outlaw from the Rashomon movie in his bearing and lack of repentance. .
Yumitsume chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
You're doing great so far. Keep up the good work.
V4voracious chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
love the more life like portrayals..keep 'em coming... :)
Hyena-Sennin chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Has this Gideon that much confidence in his bandits or are nukenin a part of or hired by his gang?
Lanky Nathan chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Damn... Naruto is seriously getting a reality check this time around. I really like this
Crimsonlink310 chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Wow Naruto is still being so naive. Its kinda frightening how he stays a shinobi if he still has illusions of rainbows and butterflies. I like it, makes the moment when Naruto meets reality all the more sweeter.

Of course Naruto can keep playing the denial game. Curious as to how Gideon avoids standing trial. He might be right but not in the way he expects lol.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next chapter.
Lovina chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
mnnn, Gideon has a lot of confidence...
Its me or Rika really loves Luck games? hahaha their bonding times are full of them :) its kinda cute. Nice work with the history line :D
morbid333 chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
"It's always better to be feared than loved. Fear lasts longer." Almost sounds like a 'Bronx Tail' reference. I'll be awaiting the next chapter.
Lord Inquisitor Kriss chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
fantastic. Keep on writing this please
karthik9 chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates
Lixie Lorn chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Poor Naruto.
keplo chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
gah when is naruto going to stop being naive idiot :D it seems almost like he didn't kill anyone as 12 year old kid
Serene Grace chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Interesting. That Gideon guy is right. You can't lead lots of people without being feared. But what I believe is that you can be loved AND feared. I mean, that's how Naruto is seen now in the actual anime/manga, right? ;) DON'T FORGET ZE UPDATEZZZZ!

Ta-ta

-Serena
RykOakwine chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Lovin it. How in the world do these kids get to call themselves Ninja or warriors or anything other than "kids" when their so-called academy doesn't teach them anything about what being a ninja or a warrior is about?

Biggest issue I've always had with canon Naruto. The entire premise, that is.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »