Reviews for Lucky One Shots
Queen of Spiritual chapter 2 . 10/24/2014
Good story. I can actually picture Helga publishing books since she always liked poetry.
SuprSingr chapter 2 . 10/13/2014
OH MY GOD THISSSS

NERDIL, THIS. YES, THIS. THIS THIS THIS. THIIIIIIISSISISISISISIS *mental breakdown*

okayokayokayokayokayokayokay

I'm sane now. I'm sorry to hear all you've been going through. If you ever need someone to talk or rant to or punch in the face, I'm here. Actually made up a chat room a few months ago that's been collecting dust that I've been meaning to break out, so if you're ever on dA, maybe we can jam? I have trouble keeping up with PMs, so. I think that would be ideal for now, if you're ever interested.

You mean Trix and Phil? You wrote Theria, dear Nerdil... The images that popped into my head when I read that were hilarious, btw. x'D

Okay, the fact Sydelle wears a hat and Arnold doesn't know her last name 'cause it's always smudged or something? That's hilarious.

"Then again, he had a son who insisted on being called "Ham" when his real name was Joshua, so who was he to judge?" *snort* Yeah, short man, you keep your little judgments to yourself. And bear in mind that one of your close friends is legally named Stinky, your wife's friend is legally Brainy, and people are still calling Pearce Peapod. You don't even have a peg to stand on.

Okay, this is actually something I've been wondering about. Lucky Shot isn't canon with LwtS, since LwtS is in the same universe as TJM and The Patakis, so how did Arnold and Helga meet Lucky? Boarders came and went in the boarding house all the time, so she could still come to live in the boarding house while Arnold's away, so I guess it's not /too/ difficult to figure, but... Hmm... Idk, maybe I'm overthinking this. Not knowing every little detail down to the letter is gonna make me twitchy, though. OMG, maybe I could write a fic about it?! Ahhhh!

Nonono, not thinking about it right now. Bad plot bunnies, bad.

ARCHIBALD?! OMG, NERDIL, WHAT, I'M LAUGHING SO HARD

You know, I gave Silver the nickname "Silver Eyes" from Phil's POV to kinda showcase Phil's utter indifference to getting to know... anyone. x'D Like how he calls Bardolph "Bald Kid," which is actually ridiculously insensitive and rude for reasons - in Phil's partial defense - he isn't aware of. I remember you mentioning that it made sense for Sid's son to be a bully, but that Lucky would kick it out of him if she knew. Honestly, Silver is a lot like Sid and Lucky, I think, in that he is a bit of a troublemaker, but his reasons for being so mean to Phil aren't just for the sake of being a jerk or anything. He does it because /Phil/ is a jerk who makes derogatory remarks to not only his best friend, but to /everyone/, so he sees himself as something of a hero there. But, I am getting off track-my point being that I... Well, okay. I was lazy and had no idea what to name him, lol. I'm not gonna lie. It was Sydelle all over again.

BUT ARCHIBALD? ? ? IS THERE A REASON FOR THAT OR ARE YOU SCREWING WITH ME, BECAUSE I'M STILL LAUGHING, I WAS LAUGHING THE WHOLE TIME I READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH, AND I MAY NEVER STOP

Honestly, I do like the idea of Silver being a permanent nickname for... Archibald (omfglmao), so I've been thinking I'm gonna keep it. It's a cool name, yeah? And kinda sounds like something Sid and Lucky's son might call himself... Okay, note to self: Have Phil call Archie Silver to his face and Archie be like, "Hey, I actually like that," and then keep it... Writing that down.

Eris, huh? "Like much of women's fashion, however, they look good but aren't very functional." Wow. Great line there, and I like the idea. I'm always looking to diversify my cast of characters with LwtS, so this is... actually perfect, for multiple reasons. I can't write why in a public review here, it's spoiler-y, but this makes absolute amazing sense with what I have lined out. Wow. How old is she exactly? Silver's eleven in present time, and Sydelle is about seven, so...

"Thank potato cakes she didn't find his old boots or his leather jacket; the /last/ thing that this school needs is a pint-sized thug, especially one with a fear of carrots because her brother somehow convinced her that they would turn her orange and had already done so to her hair." -Roflmao

I've been thinking Sydelle's a daddy's girl, too, with the hat and all. Love that we're on the same page.

"Isn't that what got you arrested?" Beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous, beautiful. I'm sensing a running joke here, and it is beautiful.

"Separately my kids are pretty harmless. It's when they get together that they cause trouble. No one looks forward to teenage angst, but I think in Silver's case it will help things. Not wanting to be around his kid sisters and hanging out with his friends instead? A blessing." There's just so much beauty here, I.

"It's disgusting... It's brilliant." I just.

"Despite what you may believe, I'm actually not an omniscient being. You were just so thick it made it seem like I was." Bwahahahahahahaha

Lucky's actually reminding me a lot of Gertie after reading this. Y'know, without the sociopathic part. Mostly.

"The world may legitimately explode." I am sooooo excited for this now O M G! I know it probably won't be coming out soon (which I completely emphasize with, so no pressure), but just the knowledge that it'll eventually happen is messing with my head. In a good way. This is going to be so NUTS. I really dig the dynamic you set out with Lucid's kids, too. I have so many things to manage in LwtS that a lot of stuff inadvertently falls to the wayside (particularly side character kids), and I don't feel comfortable fleshing out a lot of the other pairing's children since I've written almost exclusively AxH for years and paid next to no attention to all other pairings, so... Okay, yeah, that sentence is wonky, but you get it. I hope. I just appreciate all the thought that went into this, because I just haven't had the time or confidence to fully consider how Lucid's kids might be past veerrry basic concepts.

I should add that I have it established that Amanda and Sydelle don't get along. The original premise was that Sydelle was really mischievous and that set Amanda's "I am perfect and amazing and will strike you down with fire if you go against any of my ridiculously high moral standards" instincts off, but I think I like the idea that Sydelle's an edgier, wittier goody-two-shoes sort of girl that Amanda's, like, kinda jealous of perhaps? Like maybe they have a sort of rivalry there? That came up before in one of Karina's drawings, actually, where Chris got a fricken crush on Sydelle (or at least a version of her), and Amanda was like, "Imma bust a cap up this bitch's ass" (pardon my blatant cussing). This could be really fun to work with. Not the crush thing, but just the jealousy and... Oh. Oh-ho-ho. Oh-ho-hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okayokayokayokayokayokay

Love you, love your work, love your face, love your brain. I look forward to seeing how this pans out.

-SS
Nep2uune chapter 2 . 8/19/2014
I can't wait to read about the party. If Lucky and Helga's kids team up. God help us all. I bet there is never a dull moment In their house. I know Helga is not going to believe him when he tells her about Lucky. Please update when you can.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
creative, how creative. a camp day sure is fun, but is there a lake at this camp they're at? if this is so, maybe you can extend the story and make the main plot be about a mutated shark that is cruising in the depths, looking to dine on innocent campers
SuprSingr chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This is so legit. :D I can't believe I missed this! Darn it, I need to start stalking your page more thoroughly. *Adds you on author alert* HA, YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD DEFEAT ME? Never! You can't even awkwardly try to scratch your back without me and about a hundred different species of camera watching you. And knowing how backscratching usually goes, that'll be going viral. XD

YES, Lucky is an odd one. xD But that's why we love her! This is a really cool idea. Showing how Helga and Phoebe met Lucky and got to be friends with her. And how Helga started out all angry, but then was all, "You're an irritating, sardonic little whelp yet you resemble a mythical fairy tale creature... I respect that." xDDD LOOOOL, only Helga. XD

In general, sorry it's taking me so long to review. When I read it, I really want it to be straight-through so I can enjoy it and give a thorough review, plus while I'm reading it I'll be sketching Lucky in the midst of it (I wanna get a feel for her character again as I'm drawing her). And it's been hard to find the time lately. I freaking adored the review you gave me, though - Thank you so much for that! It just makes me want to give you all the longer a review, and draw Lucky even more. xD! You know how pathetic I can be. But I'll find the time soon.

LOVE THIS, and looking forward to more. :D This is going to be so good.

-SuprSingr
Nep2uune chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
So, this is how Helga and Pheobe met Lucky at camp. I see Lucky is just like Helga. I'm glad helga is trying to be friends with someone other than Pheobe. I really like this.
JupiterSun11 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Aweeeh. Cute! Definitely a favourite. It wasn't OOC. Very light and funny. Is this based on your story 'Lucky Shot'?