Reviews for Conquering Fear
QueenNaberrie chapter 16 . 12/10/2016
Hmm. This is an interesting change of events. Although, I always thought De Soto seemed to have more of a conscience than Ramone did. Ramone, though, would occasionally grow a conscience. But rarely. Ramone started the problems driven by greed that caused the necessity for Diego to create Zorro. Although, De Soto's motivation wasn't greed per se. It was fame and glory if he captured Zorro. So he used similar tactics to Ramone to set traps for Zorro.. So it is possible if there had been no Zorro, De Soto would have been a decent alcalde. Interesting twist with De Soto recognizing the fact that Don Diego is one of the richest men in California but a champion for the poor and oppressed. So that means Zorro was less a bandit and more a hero. He did nothing worthy of jail or execution. I'd love to read a sequel to this, or an epilogue at least, to find out if De Soto really did have a change of heart; and how others in the pueblo grow to respect Diego so he gets some long overdue recognition for all that he sacrificed for the pueblo. Bravo! loved this! :)
Guest chapter 11 . 11/22/2015
You, my friend, are an excellent writer...I have enjoyed every chapter and especially the revelation that we have all been waiting for but never saw it happen on the TV series.
My "if only's" have been satisfie;. Good job and thank you.
Debra chapter 16 . 9/21/2012
An interesting ending to a an enjoyable story. I have to admit to reading the Mature version as well!
ABlape chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
Wonderful. Thanks :)
LaCorelli chapter 16 . 9/8/2012
Poor Diego, he never got any pie. I did like that you redeemed De Soto. He always had the potential to be a good alcalde, certainly more than Ramone did. I also liked the moments with Felipe and Diego. I think this was a good way to end this.
Gregg'sGirl chapter 15 . 8/28/2012
Excellent chapter. You had me feeling awful for Felipe. Not being able to tell people he could hear he would not have too many friends. Diego is his world I definately understand the jealousy and wondering what was going to happen to thier relatioship. See, you made me think!

Have a great day Em!

Trish
stonegnome1 chapter 15 . 8/28/2012
Perhaps Felipe should carve a Z in Roque's clothes or perhaps in Roque. I suspect that untimately he will have to return the sword to De Soto and appeal to him for protection. What he really needs is a way to draw witnesses. Is there something like a fire alarm handy. In old westerns there would be a metal triangle or other device to make a loud noise and summon help.
ABlape chapter 15 . 8/28/2012
I have brightened the mood while reading your story. Thanks :)
jblevins0927 chapter 15 . 8/28/2012
Fun Chapter!
LaCorelli chapter 15 . 8/28/2012
I'm glad to see that all Felipe's fighting lessons have paid off. Also, de Soto is as dense as ever, but that's a good thing. And he's always had a few remnants of scruples. Also, we know that apparently the news about Diego and Victoria has spread. So, definitely looking forward to the next chapter.
Suzanne chapter 14 . 8/27/2012
Aaaaaa-wesome! The only I didn't care for was Felipe being called a servant... I would think everyone would know that Felipe is more than a mere servant to the de la Vega's, especially Diego... but other than that... Great chapter!
Guest chapter 14 . 8/27/2012
Enjoying the story!
LaCorelli chapter 14 . 8/27/2012
Good for Victoria calling Diego out on his carelessness. Also for insisting on going with him. And also Diego giving his father a sword that he can use if necessary. I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter.
LaCorelli chapter 13 . 8/26/2012
I liked that it was "Diego" that Victoria whispered in her sleep. He really has been insecure about her feelings. And the worries she has that she can't really hide, and the modified promise he made, which is really the most anyone can make even if they aren't masked heroes.

And poor Diego's back really has taken a beating in this story. It's a good thing endorphines tend to kick in as well as that nice salve Felipe used. And I assume the hot springs will help too. I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
stonegnome1 chapter 12 . 8/26/2012
OK, so who is running the mine? What are they mining? If the Alcalde is in charge won't they just be captured and put to forced labor again? If It is not the Alcalde who is it and is he paying off the Alcalde? This is a romance but the rest of the story counts too.