Reviews for Moving On
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 47 . 6/17/2013
Well, that was sad, though inevitable. I thought that Allie would tell Heyes it'd be okay for them to sleep together since Esther had told her all about birth control but apparently she didn't. I wonder if that would've made any difference.

This was a great story! All the characters were very well-developed-well rounded with both some good and bad in them. The plot was engaging and had lots of twists to it, keeping me, the reader, completely engaged. It was great to see Wheat and Kyle and also the original characters. Your portrayal of Heyes and Kid was spot on-loved the banter between them as well as the angst they expressed to each other. Definitely a winner!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 46 . 6/17/2013
Fascinating info about giving thimbles instead of wedding rings. Too bad for Kyle but just as well for the rest of us that he didn't get married and leave the gang!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 45 . 6/17/2013
A very exciting chapter-lots of action. Monty and Ruthie, huh? :-) Nice ending, that.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 43 . 6/16/2013
Yeah, really - when did the Kid get so smart? His lecture to Heyes at the beginning of this chapter was great.

Wow-the last section of this chapter was great! Loved the introspection by Kid regarding his partner. Some really good lines, such as: ... she had crept into his heart like a thief in the night, unnoticed until the crime had been committed.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 41 . 6/16/2013
Nice touch having Wheat and Kyle turn on their rescuers - a good reminder that they aren't good guys after all. And apparently Kid don't approve of what they done, neither.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 40 . 6/16/2013
You've written some great lines throughout this story, such as these: "If you're busy watching Allie's back and I'm busy watching yours, who's gonna watch mine?" "I am. I rather believe I'll enjoy watching your backside," said Allie, smiling triumphantly. You've got just the right amount of angst balanced by banter.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 39 . 6/16/2013
Aww, it's almost like they kissed and made up - Heyes and Kid, that is. Heyes and Allie, on the other hand...well, if Allie'd had her way, they would've done more than that, I'm sure!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 38 . 6/16/2013
Another very emotional chapter - love all the angst!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 37 . 6/16/2013
Great chapter! All the raw emotion between Heyes and Kid was really well done.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 36 . 6/16/2013
What a great explanation of why and description of how to rob a bank with a P & H '78! Really enjoyed the backstory. This was a fun phrase: "...the thrill of shopping after hours..." and this was good, to: "... Heyes usually hits what he's aiming at..." Heyes' and especially Kid's emotions were very well written here.
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 34 . 6/16/2013
Wow - that sure was an interesting twist! Loved this devious chapter!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 33 . 6/16/2013
I'm really wanting to know who Stafford is working for! You've drawn out this particular mystery long enough, ya hear!? :-)
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 30 . 6/16/2013
Great line, this: "He's not going straight; he's going into politics." Very interesting explanation of the origin of the term "underworld."
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 28 . 6/16/2013
This is interesting! I have a thick biography of Jack Slade that I bought when I visited the Virginia Dale Stage Stop in northern Colorado, which he ran for a while - now I have an incentive to actually read it!
Ghislaine Emrys chapter 27 . 6/16/2013
I'm wondering if the names Sarah, Ruth and Esther have any particular significance - will have to check the Old Testament... Also wondering if Corky was named after the main character in "Copper"?