Reviews for Moving On
Guest chapter 17 . 10/23/2012
Your story is very enjoyable IO. Like getting to hang out with our favorite (ex) outlaws!
RosieAnnie chapter 17 . 10/23/2012
I feel like you're leading up to the start of the series and the whole quest for amnesty. The way you portray Heyes and Kid here, they are desperate to get out of the outlaw life, and will grasp at any possibility to do so. That fits in with the first episode of the series, I think. They jumped for the amnesty idea a little too quickly for me. But, if they were experiencing such strong desires for an alternative to the outlaw life, their strong desire for the amnesty deal makes more sense.

I have this picture of Allie in my mind. She gets back to Denver, but her life changes and opens up to adventure, kind of life Rose's did in "Titanic." She lives to a ripe old age. Along the way, she writes a book entitled something life "I Rode with The Devil's Hole Gang; the true story of my outlaw days." And she becomes famous. Anyway, that's my fantasy. I think she'd be a grand old lady, and full of fun and adventure.
Keays chapter 17 . 10/22/2012
Oh oh. Are Heyes and Allie going to get caught red-handed? Is there going to be a blow-out?

Again, funny how you and I are writing parallel sometimes. We both have Heyes staring up at the night sky and wondering what's really up there.

Interesting that Jed is beginning to lose interest in Allie to some degree as she becomes more and more independant. And yet for the times, Jed was more the norm when it came to how men veiwed women and Heyes might have been considered a 'cad' and no gentleman at all! Still, I think ego and jealousy is going to play a part in this triangle-hmm; maybe Allie will decided that she doesn't want either of them! Can't imagine that myself but there is no accounting for some people!

Carry on. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Silverkelpie chapter 17 . 10/22/2012
Oh! I knew it! What is Kid going to do when he finds out they slept together(even though they only slept)? This felt like the scene was being set for for trouble in the future, not only in the relationship between the boys, but with some really determined men hunting them down and preparing to close in. Lots of foreboding here, and I can't wait for the next one.
Penski chapter 17 . 10/22/2012
I love how clever Monty is - not a dumb lawman! Very sweet having the snowball fight and the lesson on constellations. Can't imagine Kid will be happy seeing Heyes and Allie together like that. Next chapter will be interesting!
Silverkelpie chapter 16 . 10/22/2012
I loved the historical notes, that and such wonderful descriptions really brought this to life. I could feel the ice nipping at my toes. I can see trouble brewing if Allie gets too close to Heyes, and she's clearly starting to see him in a different light.
Niekx chapter 16 . 10/17/2012
I'll join the others in saying that this was a joy to read, Inside Outlaw. I could really imagine me being there as well (actually I put on a sweater because I was cold). You describe the surroundings very well. Nice how Wheat keeps up appearances towards Allie, but snaps at Heyes in the same sentence. I didn’t know about the Meeker Massacre, but I certainly will read up on that. Bringing down the amount of “followers” gives the story a new turn, with new possibilities.
Guest chapter 16 . 10/16/2012
Lots of reflection for Heyes and Allie here. . . I love the conversation between Wheat and Kyle, and the little observations, like Kyle's spit landing on his pants. I'm wondering about Wheat's infection and if that is going to become an issue for our heroes. Seems to me that, even though the larger posse went home, the team of Monty and Stafford might turn out to be more trouble for the Devil's Hole Gang. I also love the bit about Wheat telling Allie that Heyes let a cat sleep on his bed, and how Heyes was embarassed by that. As always, I have no clue to where you're taking this story. It's always a delight to see the next chapter and find out what's happening.
Penski chapter 16 . 10/16/2012
Really enjoying the last two chapters, Inside Outlaw, especially love reading about the nature of the area and the historical note about Meeker Massacre. Fascinating stuff! You have the personalities of the gang members down pat, too. Waiting for more...
Keays chapter 16 . 10/14/2012
I think this is the best chapter you've writen so far. It's very reflective, with everyone taking a close look at their lives and choices they've made and what paths they want to take next.

I love all your inside information; Spruce trees offering protection from the weather and again, knowing the names of all the surrounding landscape just adds so much to your story.

Your writing was also very discriptive in this chapter and I could just see Heyes riding off on Fanny and disappearing into the falling snow. I actually got a chill reading about it and was just as happy as the characters to finally get the horses rubbed down and a good fire going. I've never had venison stew, but I could still taste it!

And of course, the little bit of actual history there at the end always adds meat to a story. Jeez-even I've heard of the Meeker Massacre! But still interesting to have it tied in so neatly to this story.

As usual; looking forward to your next installment. I would have had my next chapter out by now if I hadn't gotten sick, dag nabbit! Oh well, onwards.
HannaHeyes chapter 16 . 10/14/2012
You write your characters so vividly, I can picture each one perfectly. Allie's musings on Heyes and Kid are written well too. You can really really see their personalities through someone else's eyes. Lookijg forward to more :)
RosieAnnie chapter 15 . 10/12/2012
I'm really enjoying the little touches that enrich the characters here. The ones I remember the most are; Wheat not wanting to admit his arm really hurt; Kyle not planning to be a gentleman; the conversation between the Pinkerton and the Deputy; and Clete hanging back, not wanting to be with the other two. That's what makes me care so much about these fictional people. I am trying to figure out what's going to happen with Clete, Monty, and Stafford, and I have no clue. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for the next chapter!
Silverkelpie chapter 15 . 10/12/2012
The characters really move on in this chapter, with Allie finding her way to building a more independent future and gaining more insight into the relationship between Heyes and Curry. I'm really intrigued to see how the relationship between Heyes and Allie develops, and just how that will impact on her relationship with Kid. Chuckled at Kyle not planning on being a gentleman. Poor Kyle!
Niekx chapter 15 . 10/10/2012
I really like this story. It gets better and better. We now see more of Heyes' darker side as leader of a gang and he is certainly troubled. And Kid is "nicer" as a contrast to his mood when this story started but also more uncertain. And Allie...well she just wants to be "one of the gang" and not somebody's love interest...or is this going somewhere completely different? Waiting for more ;-)
Keays chapter 15 . 10/9/2012
You are developing the characters nicely in this chapter. Heyes let his guard down and told more than he wanted to and now has to deal with the aftermath, still he should know that Kid was going to wring it out of him sooner or later.
Interesting that Allie realized that Jed is not subservient to Heyes, but simply accepting of his abilities just as Heyes is of Jed's. Fine line but a big difference.
You still have me wondering where this three way relationship is going and I'm sure there is a lot more to come before Allie makes it home again-if indeed home is where she's headed!
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »