Reviews for Moving On
Keays chapter 44 . 3/22/2013
Very intense chapter. Really liked the opening scene with Heyes talking to Kyle about his future plans I could really feel the pre-dawn chill in the air and the warmth in the coffee cups!
The rest of the chapter moved ahead very quickly and is leading us all towards the final showdown! Slade is going to get his, I can tell!
Like the changes that Monty has gone through and I somehow think that he is going to be coming out the best in the end of all this.
As usual, looking forward to the next installment! Have a great weekend.
laf1024 chapter 44 . 3/22/2013
Loved the talk Heyes had with Kyle, sure made it happier for his decision to leave the gang and marry Daisy having Heyes' approval. Glad Sy and Jordan made it ok with the back up now i just hope Heyes' plan works; Allie sure is determined to play her part to the tee even roughing herself up. Damn that Slade , he seems one step ahead of Monty whos plan probably would have worked if he didn't decide to tie up Ruth and Esther. Glad that Ruth had seen Monty knowing someone is there to help them, plus like how Monty admires Ruth's gumption to stand up to Slade; sure Monty misses his beloved wife Martha but who knows maybe there can be someone else. Also i hope Heyes and Kid don't think that Monty deserted them, they should have more faith in the man.
Penski chapter 44 . 3/22/2013
And even more build up! Loved Heyes encouragement to Kyle and his need to talk over his plan with his partner. Kyle and his family added fun comic relief for a tense chapter. I'm hating Slade and loving Monty with every chapter. Sweet how Heyes and Curry couldn't help Allie make it look like she was abused and how it bothered them. Getting excited for the big ending!
Silverkelpie chapter 43 . 3/22/2013
It was good hearing the recollections from when the boys were scruffy, hungry teenagers. Very cunning of Ruth to find a way to be free to move around, especially as they have those concealed weapons and I like the way she warned Monty that she could see the cigarette through the night. It's getting very exciting.
Penski chapter 43 . 3/21/2013
More building up before the big climax! Love how the Kid is thinking in this chapter - knowing they have to rest, talking with Heyes about having to react when planning isn't an option, and how times are changing. Fun getting a little background on the boys when they were teens from Sy and Jordan, too. And that Ruth is one smart cookie, like her "daughter".
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 43 . 3/21/2013
What a terrific roundup of all the characters, and their preparation for the upcoming confrontation. You really get into these people's heads. Knowing their minds, their motivation, their memories, their musings, adds so much richness to this story. I especially have grown uncommonly fond of Monty. You've created such a rich character there. Monty just makes my heart ache sometimes. I hope he survives this story, but I'm beginning to suspect he's going to go out a hero.
laf1024 chapter 43 . 3/21/2013
Loved this chapter; quite alot of reminances, alot of thinking of past, present and future. Monty thinking of his late wife Martha; Sy remembering a young Heyes and Curry and poor Kid thinking of the future and the heartbreak Heyes will suffer when he has to leave Allie and also dreading the changes the times are bringing to the west - the telephone certainly will be faster communication. This is certainly an exciting and thrilling saga from the very beginning to now, loved it all.
Penski chapter 42 . 3/18/2013
I'm really getting to like Monty and can see him becoming a BDA man or a Pinkerton or a Texas Ranger - he really is competent! Fun seeing Ruth and Esther being spitfires and not cowering to Slade. Aww... Wheat and Kyle "made up". Anxious to see the big confrontation!
Silverkelpie chapter 42 . 3/18/2013
I can see this all ending very badly! Heyes has a plan, but it's not much of one, but if there's one thing he's good at doing, it's thinking on his feet. I hope the next part comes soon.
laf1024 chapter 42 . 3/18/2013
I don't know what Monty has planned but i hope he doesn't get caught or killed but do hope he can help Ruth and Esther escape from Slade. And wow Wheat really wants to make up with Kyle real bad giving up his share of the money for Kyle and Daisy, it would be go to see Kyle marry, sad to see him leave the gang but good to see him happy.
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 41 . 3/16/2013
Oh boy. . . things are really getting hot now. I wish Wheat and Kyle hadn't robbed their rescuers; somehow I think that's going to blow up in their faces. I'd almost forgotten about Monty. I love the conversation between Wheat, Kyle and the ladies about Daisy, and Wheat not realizing at all how deeply Kyle felt about his girl. Do I sense a better future for Daisy?
Guest chapter 41 . 3/15/2013
Interesting chapter. More Wheat and Kyle than Heyes and Kid and yet it was still fun and held the attention. Loved Kyle's very innocent comment; She won't take money from me less'n she earns it.

Actually writing about Wheat and Kyle can be a lot of fun; they still have the larceny in them and aren't being held back by any thoughts of amnesty. I may just go back there myself soon.

Thank you for a Friday afternoon respite-and some wine to go with it. Of course the wine was supplied by my self, but the reading material was much appreciated.
Silverkelpie chapter 41 . 3/15/2013
This is building very nicely, and I can't wait to read the next part. I get the feeling the excitement is mounting. I loved this line, "Yes, ma'am, but I ain't no gentleman and she ain't…." A quick glance at Kyle's thunderous expression caused Wheat to amend his next words, "…here to hear me apologize; I sure wish she were."
Penski chapter 41 . 3/15/2013
Oh, this is getting so exciting! Dang, did Wheat and Kyle show their true colors of being outlaws by stealing the horses from those who stopped to help. How sweet of Esther to be concerned about and wanting to help Daisy. Lots of little detail making for a wonderful story, Inside Outlaw!
RosieAnnieUSA chapter 40 . 3/9/2013
Oh boy, just when I thought Soapy and the ladies were going to get clean away! Of course, three or four men against Wheat, Kyle, Soapy and two ladies who know how to use a gun may not be bad odds.
220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »