Reviews for All that Glitters…
beautifullcreature chapter 1 . 7/22
I think u have to write the next chap:))
Ai chapter 1 . 7/18
I just really hope there are next chapters haha. Wanna see Sasuke eat his own words and regret
Wintry Leen chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
An exquisite piece of writing!

Sakura's character development here is just so remarkable. Every scene adds depth to her character and there is something anticipatory to the slowness of the story. The heavy feeling piles up, latches on to the readers until we break along with Sakura. I especially admire the premise of the whole story itself, of the glitters actually just being fool's gold. It reminds me of this concept I picked up from my class - that most of the stars we see in the night sky have long been dead just like how some of our relationships are (as what is exactly portrayed in this fic). And I love the irony of the ending. There's the realization and acceptance that what she thought they had never really existed - there's this sense of freedom from this false bond - but at the same time, a hint of resignation can also be detected in the last line which only complicates Sakura's character even more.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
OMG this...just true that words can't be enough to explain what I feel right now...this is the first SasuSaku I've ever read and I'm so glad that it an accurate portrayal of their amazing how close you came to describing Sasuke near the end of the manga (before chapter 700 and the resulting shitstorm)...I can't help but feel sorry for Sakura, but I'm also inexplicably happy to see her get over Sasuke in this fic and in such a realistic way too! The sadness that comes with the realization of not having your feelings reciprocated along with that freedom that comes along when you don't care anymore...superbly shown. If only something like this happened in the manga... :( You did a wonderful job! :)
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
Oh dear. I hope the reflection in real life was not one of heartbreak!

I have to say, this story was one that really strikes a chord. For one, it goes through the idyllic visions Sakura has quite nicely and slowly takes away the blinders, gradually bringing her to the reality that exists.

Sasuke is such a complex character. I've faced my own challenges in seeing how he and Sakura ultimately come together. Even though this piece did not do that, (and maybe even moreso because it doesn't), it addresses the frustration and question on why does she not see how he's actually treated her?

That's often been a frustration and I rather liked what you did here. It has such an apt title and takes the reader through a journey Sakura takes. This one not being lead by Sasuke or having his goals, achievements, or needs in mind.

A very unique and enticing idea laid out extremely well and carrying a brilliant story along the way. Thanks for sharing!
amethystfirechik chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Good story here. Glad that Sakura realizes truth between her and Sasuke little by like and won't live in delusion anymore.
floating on clouds above chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
So tragic, but I love the way you wrote this!
xoigoi.labang chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Nice! Love it !
cion chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
It's been a while since I've read one of your works - TOO LONG! *tears*

I like this a lot. I think a lot of people can relate to this... Wishful thinking. Investing so much energy and hope into an inevitable loss. Fooling oneself into thinking that love is present when it is not. The bitter realization that it's a wasted effort to continue on. Kind of hating yourself, and then again, not really.

Good job, wings! :) I miss you and I miss Yuki Uchiha lol. PLEASE COME BACK.

els1324 chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
...I don't want to review because that ending made me really sad, buuuuut I HAD to tell you: I think your writing is absolutely beautiful.

Just too damn beautiful!
kuromimi chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
A SasuSaku shipper I may be, complete with all the 'awws' and 'ughhs' when reading fluffy fictions of them, but in the end, I acknowledge the (high) possibility of a non SasuSaku couple at the close of the main story. And your story is the best reflection of the pair's relationship-or lack of thereof.

The Lady Avaritia chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
This is not okay. In fact on a list of things that are okay, this doesn't even make the list. You have left me with a gaping hole where my heart should be. Congratulations. You made it hurt so good. I cannot even.
I just. I knew it would be sad. But this brutal rainstorm of emotions that you decided to rain upon my head... This, my dear friend was not expect. I'll go curl up in a corner, and try to remember that it's fanfiction.
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
My heart is breaking. I just got to the ending and my heart is breaking. I feel like crying. It's so sad and I kind of wished that it was a happy ending. I enjoyed reading this.
uchiha.s chapter 1 . 8/15/2012

See, here's my problem: I am a SasuSaku shipper (as you well know by now). BUT. I also don't really believe in them getting together anymore, and it's because of this. This story sums up their problems, both individually and together, so neatly. At the end of the day, Sasuke is an attention whore, but he only wants attention in masses — it's not satisfying when it's just from Sakura, who is so inconsequential in so many ways. And Sakura doesn't -get- it. She never gets that she and Sasuke were never friends. It's that classic tale of young, unrequited love, and it's such a classic tale of friendship as well. You can imagine Sakura going through her life, thinking of her 'friend' Sasuke and smiling at old memories. He dominates her thoughts, and she makes choices — even minor ones — based on Sasuke. Ex: "Sasuke likes long hair, so I won't cut my hair." Even when she does cut her hair, it's still a reaction to Sasuke in some way.

So that's why this story is so freeing. On the first day, we as the reader can empathize so well. Sakura has staked -everything- on this day, and yet, once she finally does see Sasuke, you get the feeling he's only thought of this day as his first day out of prison. You summed this up nicely in the comment about her breath frosting on the glass that is Sasuke's skin. I think that really perfectly demonstrates who they are as a couple — er, not as a romantic couple, but just how their interactions are.

Then, on the second day, we can again relate to Sakura so well. Who hasn't been in that position, where we begin to realize that our 'friend's' 'jabs' are actually jabs, and not just friendly trash-talking? We all know that sick, sinking feeling, and the defensiveness that follows. So the jabs aren't just hurtful like any other jab or rude remark would be; they're a betrayal. We can balk along with Sakura at how surprising this seems...

...and yet, on the third day, we realize, along with Sakura, that this is not actually a surprise at all.

So, yeah. I think overall this piece of writing is the most real of yours — what I mean is, it's the most relatable. You're very good (especially, especially in BoD) at making readers feel what the character is feeling, but in those stories, the situations are always unbelievable and fantastic in the original sense of the word. Hinata watches a Zombie!Sasuke die. Makes us cry, but we will never be actually in that situation.

This story, on the other hand, is very relatable to begin with. (I guess that's because it comes from a real situation, sadly) Another nice thing is that we can relate to the feeling of peace that Sakura attains when she finally admits to herself that she and Sasuke were never actually friends. It's funny, because we also have the sense that all these things happen within Sakura's mind — madeup fantasies included — and so we all the more clearly see how much Sasuke -doesn't- feel that way, and it intensifies the heartbreak as well as the peace.

Another point is that Sakura understands more than Sasuke ever will, so it is funny that he is on the path to becoming a monk. This is similar to when we talked about the real-life version of this — your friend wanted to become something that requires so much insight and compassion, and yet, you were the one that was so far ahead of her in insight and compassion. And she couldn't even see that, which is so like Sasuke as well. He is so self-involved and lacks so much self-awareness that he can't even perceive how asinine he usually is. Add to that the revelation that he's always stalking off for attention, and you have a very mature, insightful Sakura on your hands :P

Anyway. Rambling aside, I really loved it, and I really enjoyed the way it was written. As always, fantastic, lovely work. x
xxkaylaa chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
It would make my life if you wrote a follow up to this!