Reviews for Spiked
1477166 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Brilliant. Scared Rick is hilarious, and it was absolutely adorable to see how insecure she was! Love it
lacy curtains chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I love how you twist the story, and it rings true for me in many ways.

Too much of being told what to do, of not being 'in charge', of not being the 'man' in situations has to be difficult, even for someone so seemingly easygoing and turned on by Kate's ' bad-assness' as Castle.

At some point, no matter the banter, Rick is not going to want to be dominated by his partner. Not completely, even in fun. I seriously doubt that he was the passive, submissive lover in previous relationships, and having this side of Kate may be exciting and different. (Although, Gina gives off a domineering vibe, and so does Paula.)

I just can't picture him being seriously scared of Beckett. I can, however, see him being unwilling/unhappy to be diminished by her. Partially because, he has already experienced that, in so many ways, ad nauseum. Then, on top of the day he just had... Rick really doesn't need cruelty in any form from Beckett for a good, long while. And she just wanted to fulfill a fantasy, but even true love never goes smooth!

The final bit. He's always game to try! I hope he gets to spank Kate at some point, because she is quite deserving.

You are always surprising! Awesome !
dtrekker chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Which Marta Evry's tweet?... 't think I had read a funny fic from you before! Is this your first?
apparently the angst wagon hasn't gotten to your neck of the woods yet... I mind good angst, really. :)
And imagining him scared of her? No way! Calling "apples" so soon? All I could think was "they could always just cuddle" and then they did!
ha ha ha
Wonderful!
Thanks for the light read and the imagery!
A
Claire St. Marie chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I like the structure and the sweetness of the story, starting out with and ending with some "girl talk." I don't know if Lanie would be my go-to if I were to confide in someone, though.

Those shoes are hot and I totally understand the inspiration!
Mojor chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
That was one of the best things I've read in ages! I love your twist on it so much! I can totally see Castle not being into it. And I love Kate's mental musings trying to figure it out
Perfect.
And this scene was just A plus "They make ridiculous sundaes and cuddle up on his couch together, him in a wrinkled suit, and her in a dominatrix get up."
Thanks for writing!
X
Michelle
edd088 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
How in hell I didn't see this before? What's wrong with me? Anyway haha, that was very good Emma, oh yeah, very good. Always a pleasure to read what you wrote. Thank you.
Chkgun93 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
An outstanding and very funny short story. Most Excellent.

Thank you.
StupendousBoo chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
LOOOOOOOOOL excellent story! As soon as you described Kate's hardcore shoes, I knew it was inspired by Martha's tweet! I loved it!
lv2bnsb1 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Awe! That was so cute! Not at all what I expected, but so so so so so very much what I'd guess to be true. In fact, this is probably the most accurate sex related relationship scenario I've read about them. And I must say... on a personal note, it rings true. Men with all their bravado are actually shy creatures who scare easily and are much less assured when their masculinity is challenged. After all, we talk about balls of steel when they are pretty fragile little things in reality. (M rated- review here) where as female anatomy "takes a pounding" so to speak. And Castle's text and picture were the perfect way to bridge past it so they're not both embarrassed.
corlando chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I really loved this, perhaps because I never would have guessed the direction it went. It's both sexy and sweet and involves ice cream and one of my all time favorite movies. What more could I ask for? Well, one thing. I'd love to see this from Rick's point of view because I can only imagine what was going through his mind. Thanks for making me smile today. :)
tshlw chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Those shoes are inspiring.

He did seem quite nervous at Irena's House of Pain so could see this happening. Kate can be scary when she gets that voice. Then being stuck with Paula all day.

But the way the night turned out was so sweet and showed how strong a bond they have. \

LOL that Castle would want to try again.
Marie chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I love your stuff usually and I love your characterisations, but this was a swing and a miss for me too. I don't see Rick this passive, this wussy not with Kate. He's shown more than once he's not afraid of Kate in any capacity, that's what makes him her equal. She pushes, he pushes, they both push each other back harder. I see them both open to everything and while Rick did show some freak out during Mistress Spanks, it wasn't a true fear because he got over it far too quickly and started to play. Their entire relationship based on them being strong enough to deal with everything, all, of the other. I do agree that he's all talk and would make a kinda rubbish BDSMer, I don't see it going into an absolute fear reaction like you have him here.

Too many fics in general write Rick as less than he is and it is my pet peeve of the fandom.

I will always read your stuff as you are my favourite writer, and I look forward to your next piece, but I think you missed the mark here and I hope you take this in the spirit is was meant, I'm not trying to be antagonistic or mean or even rude.
Akire87 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
OMG! LOVE IT! got some inspiration I see ;) But well.. Love it 33 and you brought a BIG smile on my face with this one 33
mangababe chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Freaking adorable. Somehow, this seems so very Castle. :)
Inglenook chapter 1 . 8/4/2012