Reviews for A Symbol of Hope
mhdp ninong chapter 14 . 1/12/2013
O subtle one! O serpent! O the sniveling, surreptitious, sneaky and ensnaring ways of a thanatopsical popsicle of a saga told by a nifty, thrifty (albeit not with words), literate, alliterative, thirteen-year-old scribbler! "Glowing red arrow" my left elbow! Just see if i ever read one of your cliff-hangy narratives again! (Meaning of course I will, as soon as I have time!)
mhdp ninong chapter 13 . 1/12/2013
I like happy endings!-Especially endings that give us hope and turn us toward "the better angels of our nature"! Well done, young Bella!
mhdp ninong chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
Nice plot twists!
mhdp ninong chapter 11 . 1/12/2013
O great Lexiconian one-clearly, in another lifetime, you were a talmudic scholar (look it up in your lexicon!). As for the plot twist...verrrrrrry interesting!
mhdp ninong chapter 8 . 12/27/2012
Good chapter. In this story-but in particular, in this chapter-Princess Alexandria sounds more and more like a female Harry Potter (Harriet Potter, perhaps?). When I say sounds, I don't mean just the things she says, but also the things she does, the way she is described and the way others relate to her. (By the way, as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing.)
mhdp ninong chapter 10 . 12/26/2012
Good battle scenes-I can't wait to see what happens next!
mhdp ninong chapter 9 . 12/25/2012
Loved the chap, but I have just three questions:
1) Exactly how many cheesy, romantic novels have you read?
2) What examples of moronic irony did you find in them?
3) What exactly is so ironic here, and how did Becky/Alexandria bring it about? (After all, she didn't make the rules.)
But that's just a quibble-the main thing is you made it work dramatically. On to the next 'ter.
mhdp ninong chapter 7 . 12/9/2012
Excellent pter-IWS, you've done it again! Very clever after-chapter explanation, too. I only have one semi-objection/question: You said that some warriors were even younger than Becky and Tobey, and that they were considered adults by Lexiconian standards. Really?! That's pretty darn young! What age is considered adult on Lexicon?
P.S. I love the paragraph in which she defines "assassin"! It's vintage WG! Not to mention very funny!
P.P.S. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the word is "indignance," not "indigence." (Look them both up.) What would WG say?!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/30/2012
I LOVE Lexicon! (In fact, I'm thinking of buying a summer home there. Er, they do have summer there, don't they?) Anyway, all I want to know is this: How could flowers that look like a cross between turquoise and blue also look daffodil yellow? (I'm just askin'!)
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 10 . 11/26/2012
At first I hated Andrew but I was sad to see him go, I cried. I also cried with joy when Huggy came back! :')
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 8 . 11/26/2012
Becky Tobey together don't change it
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 7 . 11/26/2012
Oh no I don't want the relationship to end!
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 6 . 11/26/2012
Wow! Lexicon was amazing! But why do I even bother reviewing? Do you actually read them? Anyway... I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 5 . 11/26/2012
Oh yay! Becky and Tobey! I've literally been waiting through every book to see it!
AdmiralPuffyFace chapter 4 . 11/26/2012
OMG! I love your description of Lexicon! Did you know, you are a really really really good author! You should get this published! I'm actually glad Becky broke up with Andrew so now she can date Tobey who totally deserves it!