Reviews for Reconciliation
Techne chapter 10 . 5/22
Can I just say that I love the characters you have made so far. They're so damn believable and real, its one of those rare occasions in a series where characters written into a series to serve alongside the protagonist take on a life of their own and you don't just look at them as canon fodder. I have to say this also, this is prob one of the only stories I've ever read up here (excluding very few others) where I've actually cared about what happens to the characters. Even with just this little bit in, I find myself wondering when and if these guys will meet their maker, and I will say this, I'm gonna be sad to see some of them go.

The sex scene between the two of them in Chp 7, have to say I wasn't expecting that for at least about ten chapters. Can't say I blame you for having placed it this early into the story. They both probably feel like they're the only ones there, even with all of those people about Sweet Retribution, that they can open up to. Might wanna be careful with that by the way, as you know sex scenes are against the sites rules, so don't be surprised if some time in the future some douchebag reports you. Me, I just don't care about the rules, not like they really enforce them either way.

When Walsh acted the wat he did to Isaac in Chp 8, I was half expecting him to be a member of the church having come there to kidnap him. At first glance, its the expected idea and one that you can't blame a person for having. Just popping out of nowhere like that, it does make you wonder exactly what he could've been there for. I still don't like the Captain either. Shes a bitch, and I expect her death to be magnificant and meaningful, to make me change my opinion of her if it ever does happen. As for the thing that was blocking the transmissions to his RIG, I kind of figured it was either Samson or Noah, one of those two. Ellie doesn't have the tech, and there just hasn't been enough interaction from Greggs lately for him to have done it.

I love the team already by the way, the way you described them. Right away, they remind me of the marines from Aliens, please tell me that at least one of them has the attitudes of Hudson and Vasquez, god I hope they do. Its an expectation I've always had since watching that movie, but either way I am looking forward to likely watching half of them die not to long after they arrive on sight.

Wow, did Walsh just show remorse? I didn't think it was possible for that asshole to do that. Seems like he has some respect for Samson or else he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when the man said that he disgusted him. Maybe that will knock some sense into that egg head he has, lets hope so at least. Not that it'd change my opinion of him, I don't like Walsh, not one bit.

And Noah snuck aboard the drop ship, I saw that coming a mile away. Do I feel a bit of sympathy for Samson? Probably not, shes a bitch, and I don't like her either. However, I do like Noah, and Delilah's father is awesome, so lets go save that kid shall we? I hope he doesn't get in the way to much. Imagine hes probably going to be a big part of things going wrong and Isaac is going to have to rescue him. Nice subplot going on there.

As for Greggs' decision to go with them, I have to say I respect the man for doing that. Although I know without a doubt he's most likely going to die, theres an air that lingers. The man isn't fit for combat, or at least I believe him not to be, but despite that, he is willing to die to help Isaac and Ellie in their quest to bring down the Marker. Even though I'm pretty sure he isn't going to make it, I am going to hold out and hope, hope that he does.
Laraqua chapter 2 . 4/19
Hmm, now I'm wondering if Greggs will be a recurring character or will be brutally slaughtered next chapter.
Techne chapter 5 . 4/15
Its good to see that the two of them are finally beginning to recover from everything that has happened to them, both mentally and physically. If all of that had happened to me, and by some divine grace I'd survived it, I would have wanted to sleep for days. So, yeah, I'd say they deserve what ever relaxation the two of them can get.

Is it weird that I find the reactions from the Clarke faction to be exactly how it should have went. Imagine, you're walking into a place and you're a celebrity, and people are gawking and grabbing at you. Uncomfortable as that may sound, I would find it hilarious. Then again, I don't exactly know how I'd really react to something like that.

Isaac's resolve to get away from anything that has to do with Unitology, whether it be running from it or fighting against it, is pretty strong. This could eventually cause some problems though, as I imagine things could become complicated between him and Ellie. I was kind of wondering how long it would take for you to begin showing signs of a romantic relationship developing between the two, and it was started early might I add. Of course, Isaac is only looking out for Ellie's best interest and if its not with him, so be it. The gentle moments between the two and the way they both did the typical shy things boys and girls do, I loved it.

My predictions for what I think is going to happen soon.

Someone is going to turn traitor aboard the ship. I hope I'm wrong, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.
Laraqua chapter 1 . 4/12
This is really well-written. Looking forward to reading more.
Techne chapter 1 . 3/24
I told you a while back that I would get to this story, and here I am. There are some things that I feel I should tell you though. I have a system that if a story is already completed or at least over 20 chp's in length, I review only every 5 chps. I hope this isn't to big of a problem for you, but I do it so I can get through it with due time and onto the next thing I plan to read.

So, here goes.

I'm not that very knowledgeable about the technology in the series outside of the stuff that you work with in the game. So, its great to see someone implementing nitpicking stuff like into their story. I have yet to complete DS2, although I already do know the ending due to another friend writing a story dealing with a person going into the games.

The wounds that Isaac suffered from the fight with his vision at the end of DS2, I'm surprised he didn't die from it. Dude must have some heavy resilience and a will to live on like no one I've ever seen before. Also, theres the dealing with Ellie's eye. I remember watching a LP of DS3, and it had shown she got a new eye. I can't remember exactly if it was an organic eye or a fake one, but I do remember she had a new one.

Its pretty smart of them to use false identities, as pretty much the entire galaxy is after Isaac. How long this will hold up, I don't know. I imagine it won't last long, someone is bound to find out. Also, did I mention that I don't trust none of the people that they just met? Not a single one of them. Theres just something about them that is definitely screaming out traitors.

I will try to get to Chp 2 and 3 tomorrow, for the rest of the day, my main focus is on writing.
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 27 . 2/4
Fuuuuuuuuuu-
Twitchers are the WORST!

I loved the Koi-cromorphs, those were awesome. Sucks that they haven't really used stores very much from what I've seen.

Man this whole fic just brings me back years to when I played Dead Space 2.
Dracona Mortis chapter 40 . 6/17/2014
I... Don't know where to start. All I can say is, I loved this. It kept me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. There were so many things done right, and you got the characters of Ellie and Isaac down perfectly. I loved Greggs, and was sad when you killed him off, but... Your decision, right? xD.. Anyways, I like the concept of Isaac being affected by the Markers beyond just the dementia, and although in reality you used it a lot (and that thing you did in Chapter 38 made my brain break) I feel that something more could've been done with it, though I'm not saying you didn't do it well (you did it veyr well :D) I was thinking it would be ironic, amazing, and terrifying all at the same time if that over time, as the connection with the Marker became stronger, Isaac started to take on characteristics of Necromorphs. But that's just me XD This fanfic, Nay, novel was amazing, and should be published into an actual book. Thank you for taking time out of your life to write something so awesome. Jan Lee be praised.
Dracona Mortis chapter 38 . 6/17/2014
I.. Don't even have words... It was pretty weird, but what do you expect when he's going inside his own mind and manipulating a Marker? You're crazy... *Leans a little closer* I like that :3
Dracona Mortis chapter 29 . 6/17/2014
Bronchitis? Ain't nobody got time for bronchitis! Sorry, when I saw "I've contracted bronchitis" I couldn't help myself D: But I am enjoying this immensely so far, and can't wait to see what happens :D
Dracona Mortis chapter 22 . 6/17/2014
O_O Shit just got real! And poor Wren.. Oh.. And: Zombie Sharks xD
Dracona Mortis chapter 15 . 6/17/2014
It sucks that that is actually true. That Isaac.. Can't really save anyone :P It's depressing, and even worse when you actually admit it. Out of the thousands upon thousands of people that he could've helped, he was always a second too late. Except for Ellie, she just lost an eye xD But yeah, I'm enjoying this so far, and I am really eager to see if Isaac's hijacked Marker powers will manifest in more negative ways than a pain behind his eye.
Dracona Mortis chapter 7 . 6/16/2014
I love the idea that the Marker gave Isaac awesomesauce powers too. But.. Wait.. O_O OHMYGOD! Is he going to start, like, going Half-Necromorph or something because of those powers!? That would be awesome, ironic, and terrifying all at the same time!
Dracona Mortis chapter 4 . 6/16/2014
I'm sorry, I know that the last part was supposed to be super serious... But when Ellie said "Your eyes are wonky" I took that as "You're going walleyed" and then couldn't help but imagine Isaac with his eyes going in opposite direction, and broke out into a fit of laughter for about five minutes XD
Dracona Mortis chapter 3 . 6/16/2014
I loved what Isaac said to Momma Bitchface- Er, Kendra's mom. Exactly what I would have said xD
And.. Clarke Faction O_O Isaac's got some fans :3
The Sneaky Fox chapter 10 . 4/2/2014
Really enjoying this so far. The action is well written - something I struggle with - and the logic behind Isaac's desire to plunge into another outbreak is really well developed. The build-up with his visions of Nicole and everyone telling him he needs to keep fighting was enough to make this plot arc cohesive. I don't think I'd believe he'd take action against the Markers again without that foreshadowing, so awesome job on that.

And I know, of course, I'm terribly late to the game and this story is finished, but my only criticism is dialogue - it can be a bit rusty at times, and again, Ellie seems overly enthusiastic about going to fight Necromorphs. It makes total sense that she'd want to help Isaac, but she comes off as almost happy to be there in the thick of a zombie horde.

Her character is up to a lot of interpretation, since she doesn't get enough screen time in the games for you to get a full sense of her personality, but I always thought she'd be a more sombre person, especially after escaping Titan.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Great job so far!