Reviews for Halls of Stone and Iron
Knight of the Crusade chapter 6 . 12/1/2020
Great story but 45,000 Union soldiers didn't die at Andersonville. 45,000 were placed there. 13,000 died.
KayCee1951 chapter 62 . 4/30/2020
OMG I missed the Easter Egg the first time I read this chapter. That is hilarious! Pays to read slower and pay close attention
KayCee1951 chapter 54 . 4/27/2020
Two by four ;)
KayCee1951 chapter 43 . 4/27/2020
“Duty had never tasted so bitter.” Sigh
KayCee1951 chapter 31 . 4/27/2020
Got choked up at the end of this chapter- not sure if the speed reading caused me to miss it the first time around or if I was so engaged in the story I just kept reading and didn’t stop to think about it
mille libri chapter 83 . 4/16/2020
I enjoyed reading this so much. You took the source material and created such a rich, deep, full world out of it of your own, and gave the characters lives all their own. It's a wonderful accomplishment, and I hope you've given yourself quite a few well-deserved pats on the back! Congratulations on finishing! That last meeting between Enos and Amy was heart-string-tugging in the very best way.
mille libri chapter 82 . 4/16/2020
A really nice wrap-up chapter! Enos has come such a long way - matured and grown and learned so much - and it's all on display here, especially in that thoughtful final conversation.
HGRHfan35 chapter 83 . 4/12/2020
I have no regrets so ever of finding this here story and reading it like lunatic. It was gorgeous. Exciting, beautiful characterizations, sad at times but always captivating.

**** Ben McKammon's my piece of you that you can't steal back from me. Although," she considered, sadly, "like all good characters, at some point he began to write himself, and I'm afraid he barely resembles his doppelganger anymore. Except people around Hazzard might figure it out, which is another reason I'd rather not have them gawking over it. Can you believe he even has his own fan club where people make up stories about him?" She paused and looked down at her hands which were nervously unfolding and refolding the letter. "I hope you're not upset." She sounded worried, self conscious. "Ben's a good cop...he's a hero." *****
He truly is.
Thank you & I look forward to the epilogue
Guest chapter 83 . 4/11/2020
What a sweet ending. I've enjoyed every chapter of this story. Looking forward to your new one!
JenD16 chapter 83 . 4/11/2020
Wow I can’t believe the story is over. You are an incredible writer and I can’t wait to go read your new Dukes fic. I loved the nod to your other fic, Beneath a Hazzard Moon, in this chapter. Loved that Daisy and Enos had time to be by themselves and enjoy it. Thank you so much for your stories.
mygh91 chapter 83 . 4/11/2020
I do hope you realize that the characters of the Dukes of Hazzard are forever, in my mind, your characters! I don't think I have to tell you how much I enjoy reading, no experiencing , your stories. You draw me in and make me feel like I am actually there, seeing everything unfold first hand. Thank you again for sharing with us, and remember, every time I see a train I think of you and your Enos and Daisy!
KayCee1951 chapter 83 . 4/11/2020
Lordy, you set the bar high! I cannot tell you how much inspiration Halls of Stone and Iron has provided. But the ending – perfect. 6000 words was over WAY too soon…

I don’t want to point out my favorite parts because I don’t want to give any spoilers for readers who need to experience it first hand, but I was completely blown away by ‘you know who’s’ additional ‘skills’.

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS PASSED UP THIS STORY BEFORE BECAUSE IT IS LENGTHY OR FOR SOME OTHER REASON AND WHO READS REVIEWS TO DECIDE WHAT TO READ NEXT – DO NOT PASS THIS UP AGAIN! If you do, you will miss something awesome…
JenD16 chapter 82 . 3/26/2020
Thanks for another great chapter. I’m so happy you’re still continuing on with this story!
mille libri chapter 81 . 3/23/2020
I love the thoughtfulness of this wrap-up, bringing not just the plot but also the character arcs to new places formed by the entirety of their experiences. This has been such a well-laid-out story from first to last!
mille libri chapter 80 . 3/20/2020
Well, that was the last person I expected the dead body to be! I liked the progression of Enos's emotions here, and the assertion of his detective mind at the end, calming and quieting the personal.