Reviews for Halls of Stone and Iron
TorontoBatFan chapter 68 . 1/21
I've really been enjoying this fic. I'm glad you've picked it up again.

So, it looks like the endgame has begun. How many more chapters will it be for Enos to actually get exonerated? From how the GBI detectives approached and addressed him, they seem to be treating him differently than one would expect a fugitive with a murder conviction. Did Agent Wilburn ask them to do something less than officially?

I loved some of the little touches in the story: like how Luke was so easily sent off on a snipe hunt by Annie at the rail yard. (I have a feeling she'd be the perfect girl for him.) I also loved the way Roscoe is shown in this story. He's shown that he genuinely cares about both Enos and Daisy. As well, he's clearly really trying to find a way to help. (On the show, early on, a sheriff from another town had said that before Roscoe decided to sell out to Boss, he was the best lawman in the state. So, clearly Roscoe was highly competent in his younger days.)

I also loved Daisy's suspicions that Roscoe now chased after Bo and Luke solely because he simply finds it fun to do. (James Best described Roscoe as a big kid who loved car chases.)

I'm hoping that when it's all over Enos will get what he deserves (aside from Daisy): namely, his name cleared, his badge back and some financial compensation from the State of Georgia for what he was put through -especially after he reveals how the guard sold him out to the other convicts. As for Daisy, it'd be cool if Roscoe found a way to keep her on as a deputy, since she's clearly more competent than Cletus is.

When will the next chapter be up?
mille libri chapter 68 . 1/5
Always happy to see an update to this story! I love the resolution in Enos, the certainty that he's doing the right thing for Daisy, and yet the attempt to clear his name by relaying the address to Gary rather than simply giving up and letting himself be carted back to prison. I look forward to seeing what happens when the Dukes appear and are reunited with their lost sheep.
mygh91 chapter 68 . 1/1
So it's 530 am on my last day in Rome with three of my girl and their choir and what do I find but a Christmas gift from you . Thank you! I love your writing. I get sucked into what each character is doing and thinking. The image so real in my mind that it is like a movie with subtitle telling you what each character is thinking! Thank you! And happy new year!
JenD16 chapter 68 . 1/1
I was so excited to get the notification of an update. I can't believe the story is almost over. I can't wait to see how it ends. I still love this story and am so happy you had time to update!
DixieDavenport chapter 68 . 1/1
Great chapter! and welcome back! So glad you picked up this story, it was to good to fall by the way side, but I know how life can take hold of you. Happy New Year!

Can't wait until the next chapter to see how Daisy is and what happens with Enos.
Linzlover chapter 67 . 6/25/2015
Great chapter! Hope u can update!
DixieDavenport chapter 67 . 2/21/2015
Great Chapter! WOW! All that the folks of Hazzard Know and yet nothing they system can do to free Enos! without the records / paperwork etc... that we all know how well the County of Hazzard keeps records.

Maybe Bo and Luke can find Darcy or Candy now that Daisy has the address, if it's not another wild goose chase like Luke was sent on.

I hope Daisy is alright, but it sounds like her appendix to me.
Jeremy Duke chapter 67 . 2/15/2015
Great twist of plot re: Darcy/brother).
And perhaps another clever twist re: Daisy (and the patter of tiny feet?)
mille libri chapter 67 . 2/14/2015
Yay, an update! I think the whole trouble with the lack of paperwork in Hazzard fouling up the appeal is so plausible, and the frustration and helplessness in all of them is really evident. As for Daisy and Enos ... poor things. She'll never forgive herself if whatever's wrong with her gets him caught again, and he'll never forgive himself if he doesn't get her help in time.
mygh91 chapter 67 . 2/13/2015
Oh wow, how did I miss that last chapter? Great to have you back! So Enos' spidey senses told him something was off and he didn't listen . What is wrong with poor Daisy? Nothing too serous I hope. I have a feeling that the address in Enos' pocket is about to get forgotten or lost. And why did ole ass hole Darcy want to hurt Enos so bad?
DixieDavenport chapter 66 . 1/8/2015
Great chapter and got it just two days early for an early birthday present! Thanks for posting an update!

Yeah, GA is the last place they need to be heading, but I see them heading that way and just in time for Rosco to be stirring things up with the GBI.

Here's hoping that if Enos does get caught in GA that there is enough evidence found by then to clear him.

Great chapter, more soon?
enosgalpal chapter 66 . 1/8/2015
It is so great to have this story updated. Love the turn, Daisy's POV. Can't wait to see what happens in Hazzard, too. God bless.
mille libri chapter 66 . 1/7/2015
Good stuff! Dukes being Dukes, Enos being a detective, everyone being honest with each other - they've all come such a long way.
mille libri chapter 65 . 1/5/2015
Oh, thank goodness Daisy knows her own mind and heart, and has come to know Enos's, too. And I love the redemption of Rosco, his own good heart coming to the fore.

I can't believe after all this time I'm completely caught up! Now I'll have to be waiting impatiently for the next update... :)
mille libri chapter 64 . 1/4/2015
Luke sure stepped in it this time - will Daisy and Enos be able to straighten him out, or will they let this come between them again? I hope they've come far enough to stick together.