Reviews for Protective Reasoning
I love chapters 1 and 7 makes me laugh every time
Wonderful story!
Cloud-Dancer103 chapter 7 . 4/4
OMG! I absolutely LOVE this story! You portray the entire team so well and write with the perfect amount of action, fluff and wit. I love what you've done and can't wait to read more of your works!
Drakonflight chapter 1 . 3/23
Assassins aren't payed by check. Too easily traced. Wire transfer, perhaps. And no professional would ever use the same location twice.
DSK516 chapter 7 . 12/12/2013
Excellent story! I really love how you write the Bruce and Clint friendship :) This was so much fun to read!
batfan7 chapter 7 . 10/11/2013
Great story! I loved how protective everyone was. The ending (with the two evil guys killed) was immensely satisfying. And I thought it was cute how Natasha 'missed' Ross 'escaping' so that Clint could extract his promised revenge.

The epilogue/deleted scene was also amusing. That man just couldn't get a clue even when it was shot through an eyeball. Oh well.

You're probably done with this fic, but an amusing sequel might be to have one of the other guys that are hunting Bruce turn up and have one of the other characters be all BAMF on them. Or perhaps Bruce returning the favor. Well, anyway, it was fun!
Guest chapter 7 . 9/7/2013
That was good! Loved the reaction! :D
Guest chapter 6 . 9/7/2013
I loved this awesome story! The best ever! :D
Umbrae Calamitas chapter 7 . 9/5/2013
Okay, so this last piece had me giggling. :D

I liked this story a lot. Not as much as Home Sweet Home, but then I'm a sucker for stories about characters growing initially closer and becoming friends. This one also mostly lacked the presence of the rest of the team, for obvious reasons, and I have the biggest crush on Robert Downey, Jr (and, therefore, Iron Man).

Still, one of the best fics I have ever read. The characterizations were spot on. I especially liked Bruce's planning on leaving. It didn't end the conflict with Ross and Simmons' deaths, but continued the conflict in the minds of the characters, which is a clever and true-to-life technique.

I didn't mention in my review of your previous story, but you have a witty repertoire and a wonderful talent for those perfect one-liners. Not always just the pre-ass-kicking ones, but also those little murmurings that evoke so much emotion. The one that sticks in my mind from Protective Reasoning is Thor's growled promise to Simmons that if that explosion had killed Hawkeye, there would be hell to pay.

To this particular moment in time, though, I think my favorite is still Tony breathing "Holy son of a bitch" in Home Sweet Home, after Hawk saved his life with one hell of a shot.

You are awesome.
VioletBrock chapter 7 . 9/2/2013
It's a great day when you find an amazing writer whose favorite characters are your own, as well. :)

This is the first of your Avenger stories that I have read; I see now that you have others. I'm totally excited to get into them!

This was a wonderful story; you wrote the characters beautifully, with enough heart and humor to be true. A captivating plot with just enough cliffhangers between chapters to have me frantically going to the next one!

I loved Hulk talking to Clint, Bruce breaking Ross' nose (YES!), Clint's strength and determination to keep the attention from Bruce once they were in captivity - seriously, I could go on and on. The themes and plot were outstanding, and you should be proud of this story! Descriptive writing is always a strong point with me; you did an excellent job!

Thank you for the entertainment; I look forward to reading your other stories!

Best wishes,
Vi
DBhawkguy30 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Totally awesome start to this story, General Ross is an ass and it was hilarious to see all the other assassins high tail it out of there when they realised hawkeye was there.
Plus I thought all your characters were really well written.
Harm Marie chapter 6 . 8/16/2013
Liked this.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/5/2013
I love your story it's so so so so so good, but in the scene where hawkeye says to iron man 'lets see you go up against mercs and see how you look' I think you forgot that tony stark did go up against Mercs when he became iron man and still has PTSD about it so he may not have taken that to kindly I know this isn't a tony story but a little more attention to some of the finer details would be good
AssassinsVow2012 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Is Betty showing up later on?
Pyro chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Go Hawkeye! Go Avengers! I love it. Your characterizations were well done and the Avengers interactions with the General were wonderfully thought out. Well done!

Oh just a side note/fast fact: the rank of five star general in all branches of the US military was retired in 1981 after the last man to hold the rank passed away, so at most Ross would be a four star. Don't know if you want to go back and change it or not, I've had family in the military so it was just something that caught my eye. Again, well done, I can't wait to read the rest of this.