Reviews for Before The Fall
CdB55 chapter 7 . 7/15/2013
You asked about ch. 7. I think you did a fine job for the voice of HG. I knew it was her diary immediately.
CdB55 chapter 2 . 7/15/2013
I love these stories! Light and fun while showing the various personalities.
CdB55 chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
That was lovely.
othiara chapter 10 . 5/23/2013
This whole story is wonderful! The chapters are all very well-written. I especially love how descriptive you are.
Once Upon a Femmeslash chapter 10 . 10/13/2012
Chapter 9 was AMAZING. Just... beautiful.
I loved Helena counting Myka's fingers and toes! That was so adorable!
gigi2690 chapter 10 . 10/5/2012
After the utter letdown of the mid season finale, I absolutely needed a chapter like this. Just as Helena had an uncontrollable grin while looking at Myka, I had an uncontrollable grin reading beautiful little gem.
Katoomba chapter 10 . 10/5/2012
I saw the update and cringed because I thought that this would be the chapter where everything goes to hell. Most thankfully, I was wrong. GROUP HUGS ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THE CUTE. Actually no, everything about this story was perfection, right down to Claudia in her pj's and Gameboy in hand. Thankyou so so much for such a wonderful story!
BeringAndWells chapter 10 . 10/5/2012
What an ending. I'm sad to see this one go but it was well worth the read. There's just so much about HG and HG and Myka's relationship that we don't get to see on the show.

Great job.
Xenite chapter 9 . 9/28/2012
Certainly a switch from prior chapters to this one in terms of tone and style! Like this reflection piece flashing back to the "moment of dawn" for HG - would love to see if you will go into "night before the fall" type of another reflection piece in your conclusion.
Cmills chapter 7 . 9/22/2012
Hey, well Im british myself so I thought it would be best to leave feed back about your concern involving H.G's voice. I think your doing an excellent job so far, it reads very well and very british, sometimes a little over british but that fits in with the victorian side of it.
Certain phases such as "It truly was a mad day" wouldnt really get used in victorian or upper class british language but i think its good as it sort of brings H.G into the modern day world.
But like I said your doing a fantastic job, keep it up :)

Sorry if im being or it comes over as being over critical
Xenite chapter 8 . 9/21/2012
I love this chapter too! It's a celebration of life by HG!
KJay99 chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
I'm not a shipper, and I have to say that this is a wonderful, charming, in character, well written, chapter.
I have throughly enjoyed reading this story.
I can only hope that you have further inspiration.

Favorite line: "It is only polite to also inform you that it has been 4 days hence, and the smile has yet to leave my company."
Absolutely favorite. Great way to end this.
KJay99 chapter 4 . 9/14/2012
Haha! Funny and creative and mature, and inmature all at once! Love it.

Favorite line: "After all, H.G. is like, over 120 years old. That's nearly as old as Artie, and the old tend to forget things."

Oh and this one: "Her body looked insanely perfect, and if I wasn't so worried about being caught starring, I might have been jealous."
-Somehow that one reminded me that Claudia is a human with insecurities and everything.

And this one: "Sure she was a smiling dweeb around H.G., and sure H.G. was almost a bigger flirt than Pete,"

Oh- and I like how you never tell us who is talking- but it's sooooo obvious. for me it was when the character mentioned Artie's pet dinosaur. ;)
KJay99 chapter 2 . 9/14/2012
WOOT!
You have no idea how much I liked this chapter!
What a great and creative concept. I loved the references and I especially loved portraying the characters' personalities though the game!
Fantastic! :)
Xenite chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
Yep, I can hear HG's voice in this at the time of ep 2x07 - things were still "light" and a little cheerful back then and this tone was captured in this diary entry. Her discussion of the case, her perception of the modern world and technology "sounded" correct to me with a sense of wonder. Also, HG definitely sounded smitten in this piece but didn't go over the top as this episode is still just the 2nd meeting. I did see that you used the British equivalent of certain words so that was a good try.