Reviews for A Certain Slant of Light
My favorites in this chapter were #65, #78, #91, and#97. That last one though...*drowns in feels* I wouldn't mind if you ever wrote more for this series...
These are so amazing! I love how you have stories running through them (like Eugenides confronting Nahuseresh). It's incredible, how you managed to say so much in each little drabble! Awesome job!
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 2 . 4/6
I love #54 and #57 and #60 and #73 and #74 and #78 and #85 and #91.
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 1 . 4/6
I love #17 and #31 and #38 and #43 and #48
nupuroo chapter 2 . 11/12/2013
Well THAT was depressing. If you had to write a future where the Medes win, did you have to make that the last drabble? That seriously brought me down. T-T
ForeverSunshine13 chapter 2 . 10/13/2013
I love the Queen's Thief series...and I love your shorts. They are PERFECTION! You are spot on! Characters are perfect, scenes are perfect, everything is just perfect! This is a hard series to write fanfiction for and you manage to pull it off beautifully. Kudos to you!

Sunshine
RydenStewart chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
I love them all - especially that poor girl with the sand. Also, I really love Gen's hook - he's like Captain Hook, only better looking, more fun, and not quite as evil :)
Religion0 chapter 2 . 7/27/2013
Small notes on #69 and #78. Cupid is from Roman mythology, his Greek counterpart is Eros, and would even so be from the "new religion" in universe, but I don't know if they have an Eddisian counterpart, so Eros for simplicity.
Before her coronation Attolia was just Irene, it's the regents that are named for their country. You... know this already, probably, I'm just nitpicking over here.

Loved the rest. Title is wonderful, very much in the romantic style. Characters are in themselves, and I enjoyed the flashes back to Eugenides's parents.
WithNoFear chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
These drabbles are perfect. Perfection at its best.
Meltintalle chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
These are truly lovely; it's like stepping into a previously unknown book of short stories about some of my favorite characters. 3
oceanlover4evr chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
You're writing style is so good, I swear that the lines sound like they came from the books.

Lots of them were personal faves, and there was enough of a story arc to get me intrigued.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Ohmygosh! There are more! There are more! Except... I wanted to cry so many times and am a bit confused, though I guess it's easy enough for me to choose my interpretation. I simply refuse to believe that Attolia will die, and Irene! I want her to be happy and fixing her kingdom for sure.
Deja Know I Been Lookin For Vu chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
You know, I'm not a big fan of drabbles usually, but then I go and read a set like this, and I think about what I could be missing whenever I bypass them. This was wonderful-little glimpses of stories that are somehow very full despite their brevity. Lots of lovely beautiful pictures in here-so many of them are great that I couldn't tell you which my favorites are. You did a lovely job.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
AHH YOU WROTE MORE OF THEM—HOW MARVELOUS. I check the QT archive periodically, so I read everything here sooner or later.

78 is perfect. I'm pretty sure I actually gasped at that one. I also especially like 51, 57, 75, 82-84, and 98. Your range of intensely serious and lighthearted (or both at once) is, again, fantastic.

I like how much you ventured into speculation here, especially since those bits are often rather dark in tone and I feel like that's not the tack most writers would take. I like all the intense and fluffy bits with children, especially Sophos in 99, and Gen in 83.

I'm assuming 92 is Gen and Irene, but I'm curious if you had others in mind as the carriers-out of that conversation?

One thing—and I could be wrong—but I think Attolia's attendant's name is Phresine, without a t.
No. 1 Loser chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
I loved it! I liked how you included Ambiades. And the scene with the girl who puts sand in his food.