Reviews for A Certain Slant of Light
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 2 . 4/6
I love #54 and #57 and #60 and #73 and #74 and #78 and #85 and #91.
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 1 . 4/6
I love #17 and #31 and #38 and #43 and #48
nupuroo chapter 2 . 11/12/2013
Well THAT was depressing. If you had to write a future where the Medes win, did you have to make that the last drabble? That seriously brought me down. T-T
ForeverSunshine13 chapter 2 . 10/13/2013
I love the Queen's Thief series...and I love your shorts. They are PERFECTION! You are spot on! Characters are perfect, scenes are perfect, everything is just perfect! This is a hard series to write fanfiction for and you manage to pull it off beautifully. Kudos to you!

Sunshine
RydenStewart chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
I love them all - especially that poor girl with the sand. Also, I really love Gen's hook - he's like Captain Hook, only better looking, more fun, and not quite as evil :)
Religion0 chapter 2 . 7/27/2013
Small notes on #69 and #78. Cupid is from Roman mythology, his Greek counterpart is Eros, and would even so be from the "new religion" in universe, but I don't know if they have an Eddisian counterpart, so Eros for simplicity.
Before her coronation Attolia was just Irene, it's the regents that are named for their country. You... know this already, probably, I'm just nitpicking over here.

Loved the rest. Title is wonderful, very much in the romantic style. Characters are in themselves, and I enjoyed the flashes back to Eugenides's parents.
WithNoFear chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
These drabbles are perfect. Perfection at its best.
Meltintalle chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
These are truly lovely; it's like stepping into a previously unknown book of short stories about some of my favorite characters. 3
oceanlover4evr chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
You're writing style is so good, I swear that the lines sound like they came from the books.

Lots of them were personal faves, and there was enough of a story arc to get me intrigued.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Ohmygosh! There are more! There are more! Except... I wanted to cry so many times and am a bit confused, though I guess it's easy enough for me to choose my interpretation. I simply refuse to believe that Attolia will die, and Irene! I want her to be happy and fixing her kingdom for sure.
Deja Know I Been Lookin For Vu chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
You know, I'm not a big fan of drabbles usually, but then I go and read a set like this, and I think about what I could be missing whenever I bypass them. This was wonderful-little glimpses of stories that are somehow very full despite their brevity. Lots of lovely beautiful pictures in here-so many of them are great that I couldn't tell you which my favorites are. You did a lovely job.
The Hobbit's Rhapsody chapter 2 . 11/12/2012
AHH YOU WROTE MORE OF THEM—HOW MARVELOUS. I check the QT archive periodically, so I read everything here sooner or later.

78 is perfect. I'm pretty sure I actually gasped at that one. I also especially like 51, 57, 75, 82-84, and 98. Your range of intensely serious and lighthearted (or both at once) is, again, fantastic.

I like how much you ventured into speculation here, especially since those bits are often rather dark in tone and I feel like that's not the tack most writers would take. I like all the intense and fluffy bits with children, especially Sophos in 99, and Gen in 83.

I'm assuming 92 is Gen and Irene, but I'm curious if you had others in mind as the carriers-out of that conversation?

One thing—and I could be wrong—but I think Attolia's attendant's name is Phresine, without a t.
PeaceLoveNINJA chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
I loved it! I liked how you included Ambiades. And the scene with the girl who puts sand in his food.
King Caspian the Seafarer chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Anonymous reviewer Liz said: I don't really get it with this two (45 & 46)...in which book that Attolia was sick?

Attolia was not sick in any of the books. In some of these drabbles I tried to look into the future and create moments or endings that were not in the books at all (some AU-Alternate Universe, in which people die-and some more mainstream, like the sick ones). I'm sorry for the confusion and hope you will be able to find this reply and get your question answered. Thank you!
Liz chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
45. Faith

"Anything," Gen breathes, surrounded by the glinting light from earrings and cups that lie scattered across the altar. "I'll give anything. Only don't let her die."

46. Devoted

"You will have to knock me unconscious and tie me up to make me leave," slurs the king of Attolia, crossing his arms and glaring with eyes bleary from lack of sleep, "And then you will have to imprison me somewhere without a lock that I can pick."

Irene stirs in her fevered sleep and Gen forgets about the guards and clutches her hand gently.

I don't really get it with this two...in which book that Attolia was sick?