Reviews for A Shadow's Slant
Grumpr chapter 1 . 7/6
This was amazing. I'm still sad some days we didn't get more Elijah/Elena on the show, but I love how you portrayed their conversation/negotiation and Elijah telling her he underestimated her once and won't do so again. The way you write Elijah as this terrifying ancient creature that still values morality and honour (but has also broken his word for his family once before) was so perfect.
Only thing that felt a little off to me was Elijah possibly being willing to let Rebekah die, since I always felt there was very little he /wouldn't/ do to save his family. Or at least prevent them from dying permanently. But 3x14/3x15 Elijah was a bit tricky to pin down in how he's suddenly confronted with this family he missed for so long and the fact that most of them are actually pretty awful, so I could sort of see where this came from. My inner original ot3 stan was over in the corner crying about Elijah accepting Klaus' (and Rebekah's) death tho :P
Anyway, this was awesome and a wonderful read. When I read the part about Tatia introducing him to love and Katerina showing him the pain of it and how Elena restored his faith in it, I was like "Damn that's good". Elijah and the Petrovas is always fascinating. I love how you alternated between the two povs btw, with a large part from Elena's pov. She's quite observant so it's cool to see her react to Elijah and try to see past his polished manners. Thanks so much for writing it!
Avide chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
Yum!
W chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
I adore the way you portrayed Elijah...chaos within control. Elena and Elijah bring out the best in each other, and they are stronger together indeed.

Thank you for sharing with us this wonderfully depicted story, as always.

W
Scattered Kaleidoscope chapter 1 . 6/7/2015
Love it!
TVDLover chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
His pupils dilated, their colour deepening. "And feel I owe you the same in return. So I hope you'll forgive me for what I'm about to do."

Holy Crap! I thought Elijah was going to compel her, or-or snap her neck and kill Elena, or something! I got freaked out. I love this Elejah fanfic!

I finished reading just now...C'mon! Me Need Elejah Ending...She Walked Away/She Ain't Got No Evening To Enjoy! The whole time, I was like,
"ELIJAH! C'mon, Man! Tell Her How You Feel! Use The Suit To Your Advantage!"
Aurora Abbot chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
My god, this story was as amazing and captivating as Elijah is ;) I absolutely loved it.
ellesmer.joe3 chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
akuoeihrjmdiuhjeoifhbiudehjniufkjbcnmikelmfd, se3, ahhhhhhhhhhiujhqndsxihbznwdisljm uckhjrntvmichxndkjndjsalaelejahbjdnikehnmfkijcnrel ksd :"
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Awesome
Kitty chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
LOL, your last comment kinda broke the mood! :P Anyway, loved this, so intense!
Rashaka chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
God I wish this had happened on the show.
with-a-passion chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
LOVED THIS SO SO SO MUCH :) beautifully writtenj
ElijahhKlaus chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
keep writing!
RayRay18 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This was amazing! I always wished she would have stopped him from drinking the champagne in the show.
Lotheriel chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
This was a particularly wonderful story, I know it's a one shot but how it plays out is already spinning in my mind. You painted them both with careful strokes, building wonderful tension. thank you for this.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 10/26/2012