Reviews for The Variant
Guest chapter 6 . 12/18/2012
(Are you still accepting characters? If not, please ignore )
Name: Tori Arel
Codename: ERIS
Age: 16
Height: 5'5,
Eye color: Electric blue
Hair: Dark brown
Skin: Pale
Clothes: Beige hoodie that's covered in straps and buckles like Elizabeth Greene's clothes, has cords with cyan lights that match her eyes. Jeans and black boots. Pink feather earring.

Powers: Enhanced strength, speed, and durability. Can control Hunter/Brawlers and has tendrils.

Personality: Snarky, brutish, blunt, hotheaded, focused, stubborn

Backstory: She was infected by one of Greene's many strains during First Outbreak. Blackwatch caught her and hooked her up to all of those lights and straps so she couldn't infect or control the HIVEMIND like Greene. She can't take then off or she'll die. She causes a lot of trouble so now they want to kill her completely. She allies herself with Mercer and was devastated and angry to find out he unleashed the virus in Penn Station. Tori forgave him after she found out it wasn't really his fault and continues to help and respect him. Befriended Dana and cracks jokes with her.
((I'm not sure what to do about Prototype 2 because I firmly believe it never happened because I was so disappointed with Alex's new characterization and story so I only loved him in the first game, but if you have to include P2 and Heller she'd hate Heller. If she meets Varien she'd be weary and cautious of him at first.

Her goal is to destroy Blackwatch and Gentek.
I love prototype chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Great story i hope you update
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
and if you bring pariah into the story here is how powerful i think he shold be apparently pariah is at the top of the food chain prototypes are just rip offs of pariah serius mcmullen thinks he could end all life on earth prototypes got there powers artificialy redlight put in a lab in tinker with it till you got blacklight and we know how powerful that is pariah got his natrally born with no genetic modifications nessary like what mecer did to redlight or varien did to blacklight and they probobly can't do half the stuff pariah can pariah the real deal the rest are just prototypes get it just look at the tital of the game it will all make sense but mercer is a really powerful prototype though it's implight that if the to ever meet they would destoy the planet there just that awsome and pariah shows no signs of the virus so he could pass through viral detecters like there nothing and any human that touches him is automaticly infected and dies a painfull death if anyone got a shot at beating him it should be mercer obviusly.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
i think you gave varien too much power if i am reeding this right alex and varien are going to fight but there is no fight varien would kill mercer in one punch varien already powerful enough to do a city wide devestator he could kill anyone who tries to stop him you gave him allthe best mutations you need to give mercer his full power back by consuming heller or somthing then theres his girlfriend that has redlight true redlight blacklight true blacklight and varien's strain just sayin
Guest chapter 7 . 10/27/2012
Name: David Chapelham

Appearance: 6'1, white skinned, Dark hair, hazel eyes, slim form, wears a dark unzipped hoodie with a blue shirt and jeans

Powers: Same powers as Alex Mercer

Personality: David has mixed feelings towards different types of people and is unpredictable when given the choice of helping people, he can be cold and ruthless at times but can also reveal a more sympathetic side because of his host's happy upbringing

Unique powers: Can control large amounts of infected (brawlers) and use them as a temporary army

Backstory: Was born in London, England but moved to NYC in his teenage years,became a scientist working on the same project as alex mercer, was infected with a mix of backlight and redlight vials after injecting relight and backlight into his bloodstream in order to stop Gentek, however like Mercer he was found out but not before the virus finished taking over him, causing him to escape.

Motive: To find a way to create the perfect breed of humans by infecting them but at the same time possessing human qualities, hates Heller because he killed Mercer
I love prototype chapter 7 . 10/27/2012
Name: John Maxwell- Codename: Hades

Appearance: White skinned, 5'9, slender, wears a White shirt with a plain black hoodie and dark jeans and sneakers.

Powers: Same as Alex mercer and james heller but does not have tendrils

Personality: John has psychopathic tendencies. While capable of maintaing relationships and fit into character of the consumed, but when it comes to killing he becomes a totally different and spares no mercy for his enemies and will do whatever it takes to get to them, even if it means the expense of human lives

Optional info: hates blackwatch

Unique powers: can jump (teleport) through locations ( if he knows the cordinates of the location or he pictures it)

Backstory: born in London, has a biological step sister who he has good relations with, moved to the New York after getting a degree in genetics, employed by Gentek as one of the researchers of project blacklight, formed a professional relationship with Alex mercer. Turned infected after drinking 3 vials of backlight that he stole in order to distract black watch into following him and helping mercer flee the Gentek building undetected.

Motives: Wants to eradicate black watch and Gentek while watching Mercer,Heller and Variant closely.
Token Cylon chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
Backstory is good and you explain some stuff nicely, but Varient is a bit mary-sue and so I lost interest by the end of chapter 1. Sorry..
Guest chapter 7 . 9/18/2012
name:Jonah Jackson
Apereance:6'2 Pale white skin wears a black jacket that has a crossed swords symbol on the back,Red jeans,Black And red shoes,With a black shirt under his jacket.
Powers:Has most of mercer's powers but does'nt have the whipfist or the claws.
Personality:Jonah is a cold hearted brute,he has no mercy towards his enemies,but is very protective of his friends.
Unique Powers:Can control a dead persons bio-mass to make weapons,Also when he has enough bio-mass And is extrimely angry he triples in size.
Backstory:Jonah is orriginaly from california but moved to NY when he turned was raised in LA
Guest chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
This Varien seems awfully overpowered. I know Alex and James were ridiculously strong, but even for Prototype standards, Varien seems a bit too perfect. You're doing a good job of not contradicting the story at least, and I like the whole "Elizabeth Greene was influencing Alex" thing instead of the crappy, vague "Alex lost faith in humanity" subplot.
But once again, Varien seems to know everything, and do anything. How the VARIENT thing comes into the plot is a bit too sudden. Why work on BLACKLIGHT if there was this even better VARIENT virus? I'll see the character as much more interesting if you tonned his powers down a bit, and perhaps give him a flaw, like how Alex was a sociopath and Heller is reckless and brutish.
This review was a bit too long, wasn't it? ; anyway, I hope it was at least helpful.
Ironcoremagma chapter 2 . 8/7/2012
Very good chapter, I was really pissed off at the ending of Prototype. How the f*ck does Alex Mercer lose to James Heller? -_- Nevertheless I can't wait for the next chapter.
Ironcoremagma chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I really like how there's someone else who we know that worked on the Blacklight Virus, it provides a different point of view on the whole situation.