Reviews for Fire in the Belly
Deeble chapter 11 . 8/30/2012
This was incredibly moving - wrenching, too, especially the scenes with Ron. But you really got me with "thou good and faithful servant," because like all Snape fans I wanted his efforts to be recognized in the series and not just in death. And like all (or at least most) Hermione fans, I didn't want her to settle for someone who didn't fit, didn't appreciate what made her who she is. Thank you for this lovely tale.
Rane chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
Interesting story. You did a great job exploring some difficult issues - issues that face many people who have been married for years and feel as though things have become stagnant. We all face a choice, to either work with what we have and move TOGETHER to a new place in life, or to walk away. While I'm personally sad that Hermione made the choice to walk away, I can also understand how someone can reach that point. For me, after 18 years of marriage, I have chosen to create space in my life for ALL of the things that feed my soul - including my marriage and the man I chose (and still choose) to love unconditionally. We are all the better for it, too.
H chapter 6 . 8/28/2012
Really liked the story until this chapter. I bought Hermione, and even Harry, but I guess Snape's a little harder to sell. I found his vocabulary and demeanor a little too out of character. I'll push on, though, because I do enjoy how you tie in the time turner. :)
Lifeasanamazon chapter 11 . 8/20/2012
Pointed here by HarmonyBites and SO SO glad that I was. This is beautifully written and completely involving. I loved your flawed Hermione and the way she related to her world. I loved her relationship with Harry and how real their friendship is. I loved that she needed that time to be her and ultimately couldn't bear to be bored. A perfect journey with Severus too.

I shall re-read and enjoy all over again and look forward to you dipping your toe in this pairing again!
Marston Chicklet chapter 11 . 8/16/2012
Wow. Here at the gentle nudging of Harmony, and I'm so glad I slunk out of the intertubes to give it a shot. In so many ways, this feels like a correction of some of the things that made me lose interest in this particular fandom. I LOVE your dangerously flawed and problematic Hermione, your equally flawed but sympathetic Ron (and can I just say: THANK YOU for making them—but especially Hermione—not really awesome parents), and your conflicted Harry. Amidst all these marvellously troubling characters, Snape sometimes felt too perfect, but, then again, maybe that's just my bias. ;)

You took this fic to a lot of difficult places, and I am so glad that you didn't flinch away from any of the ugliness that comes out of people who are in unhappy relationships. At the same time, I feel like I would have liked to see more of that ugliness from the inside—characters' decisions (like Hermione's choice to leave Ron, given her ongoing reluctance to admit to her own unhappiness) sometimes felt abrupt because the inner monologue wasn't there to support it, not because the events themselves were implausible. At times, it was a bit like reading a script or a play—the dialogue is sparkling and excellent, but without actors to fill in the things that can't be said through dialogue, it seemed a bit unanchored. Sometimes, I could only tell how a character felt because another character would remark on it (like the moment when Harry thinks that Hermione's behaviour is manic), and I would have to go back and reread the scene with that observation in mind.

That said, this is hands-down one of the most original Snape/Hermione stories I have ever read (and I have read MANY of them). The magic! The monks! I have so many FEELINGS about the story that I am having a difficult time articulating why it was so excellent and hit on so many points of particular interest.
linlawless chapter 11 . 8/15/2012
I really loved everything about this story. And I feel like I have lots to ponder... Thanks!
writerdragonfly chapter 11 . 8/14/2012
Wow. This was stellar.
Montara chapter 11 . 8/12/2012
It was a very interesting story! Thank you!
Guest chapter 11 . 8/11/2012
Thank you for a beautiful, clever and very original story, *and* for the chap spam that alowed us to read it all in one go!
I do hope you'll write more stories in this fandom and of this ship. This one is since now among my favorites.
rosered775 chapter 11 . 8/11/2012
Excellent story! I enjoyed each and every chapter! :D
rosered775 chapter 6 . 8/11/2012
Was that a little foreshadowing? Yay! Great chapter :D
rosered775 chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
And another brick is placed in the road of good intentions. Excellent chapter :D
rosered775 chapter 3 . 8/11/2012
Why do I get the feeling that there's trouble just ahead in the relationship department for both of them? *sigh* Lack of disclosure is as good as a lie. Wouldn't want to be in either of their shoes when it hits the fan.
rosered775 chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Wow, interesting turn. Harry seems truly lost, even with all of his accomplishments. Excellent chapter! :D
rosered775 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012