Reviews for Fire in the Belly
wilsyy chapter 11 . 8/9/2012
really, this was just beautiful. obscenely well done. you made it such an intricate, unconventional, and perfectly believable story seemingly effortlessly. this was the best story i have ever read on this site, and shall probably continue to be for quite some time.
i applaud you.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/8/2012
This is a lovely character study! I love how you embrace Hermione's inner beauty as well as her inner warts. And I love that Tenzing cares for Severus so much that he changes history for him. I think Snape is one of my favorite literary characters of all time and so deserving of that regard - I love this story.

I just have one thing I'm a little stuck on - leaving those kids alone! If Hugo is a crawler, I find it hard to believe even Ron would leave them alone to tear after Hermione or did I not understand that scene? I also find it hard to imagine Hermione leaving them for a month with Ron, who in the story has been alluded to as not a great parent. I certainly wouldn't leave my kids with someone like Ron.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/8/2012
What a truly lovely story that has far greater depth than all of the fan tropes.
laurawillows chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
This was exceedingly great. I cannot think of another compliment but this: your story has made me think. There was quiet a bit of wisdom along with the plot, but it was not solely focused on Severus and Hermione.
WannabeWolfe chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
I enjoyed this very much. Your imperfect Hermione rings true - much more so than the Hermione that can do no wrong. Great job.
Ischtar chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
This is how I like SS/HG. Thank you. Very nice!
RenitaLeandra chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
Whew, there's the Hermione I remember! I am very glad she started to face the consequences of her actions in the previous chapter. One minor little thing that I admit is a nitpick-Harry's use of metaphors, ie "So no, they aren't gumdrops and rainbows.". As far as I can recall, he's never used any, and was always rather plain spoken and to the point. So when I got to that line it threw me a bit. I look forward to seeing how Snape manages to make his entrance to the story because as it is now Harry and Hermione seem to be on the path to a romance of their own.
RenitaLeandra chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
Very clean read so far. While I thought the developments in this chapter were quite interesting, I was still bothered by Hermione's drastic behavior. I'm not seeing why exactly she's acting out to this degree. Yes, she's supposed to be stressed and in desperate need of some "me" time, but I would have liked to have seen some more justification for her actions. There was an incident involving some conjured birds and Ron in her school years that I suppose could serve as a foreshadowing event for this instance, but I don't know. Have no doubt, though, I'm still being thoroughly entertained :)
RenitaLeandra chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
I'm digging Tenzing. I also like how you've kept Hermione and Harry true to their original characterizations-they're actions and thoughts are now reflect on what they've done in their past. Like any other living adult. People never change, they just learn to make different decisions. Ginny seems a bit too "perfect wife" so far though. She had always struck me as having a fiercely independent will of her own-at least in the latter half of the series.
RenitaLeandra chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
I really like how you've set up the story for Hermione and Harry to address the fact that their greatest exploits are behind them. I look forward in seeing how they come to terms with that idea. The only thing that I can say bothered me a bit was the time lapse between the first and second chapters. I think I would have liked to have seen a bit of exposition that briefly covered Hermione's personal time and Harry's increasing jealousy at being left out.
RenitaLeandra chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Oh my god I hate time-turner fics, but this fic doesn't hurt my brain while reading and you've managed to grab my interest in what's going to happen next. *reads on*
wyndnfyr chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
this would have been much better had you uploaded it in installments rather than all at once. You would probably have gotten a wider audience. However, it was still very good and I enjoyed it immensely :)
heartmom88 chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
Thank you for entertaining us!

hm88
semicharmed chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
Great story.

Is this something you've studied? Is there a site or book you can point me to?
heartmom88 chapter 10 . 8/5/2012
Yay!

Soooo... What's next? After the romance comes real life...

Thanks for posting-