Reviews for Fire in the Belly
laurawillows chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
This was exceedingly great. I cannot think of another compliment but this: your story has made me think. There was quiet a bit of wisdom along with the plot, but it was not solely focused on Severus and Hermione.
WannabeWolfe chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
I enjoyed this very much. Your imperfect Hermione rings true - much more so than the Hermione that can do no wrong. Great job.
Ischtar chapter 11 . 8/7/2012
This is how I like SS/HG. Thank you. Very nice!
RenitaLeandra chapter 5 . 8/6/2012
Whew, there's the Hermione I remember! I am very glad she started to face the consequences of her actions in the previous chapter. One minor little thing that I admit is a nitpick-Harry's use of metaphors, ie "So no, they aren't gumdrops and rainbows.". As far as I can recall, he's never used any, and was always rather plain spoken and to the point. So when I got to that line it threw me a bit. I look forward to seeing how Snape manages to make his entrance to the story because as it is now Harry and Hermione seem to be on the path to a romance of their own.
RenitaLeandra chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
Very clean read so far. While I thought the developments in this chapter were quite interesting, I was still bothered by Hermione's drastic behavior. I'm not seeing why exactly she's acting out to this degree. Yes, she's supposed to be stressed and in desperate need of some "me" time, but I would have liked to have seen some more justification for her actions. There was an incident involving some conjured birds and Ron in her school years that I suppose could serve as a foreshadowing event for this instance, but I don't know. Have no doubt, though, I'm still being thoroughly entertained :)
RenitaLeandra chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
I'm digging Tenzing. I also like how you've kept Hermione and Harry true to their original characterizations-they're actions and thoughts are now reflect on what they've done in their past. Like any other living adult. People never change, they just learn to make different decisions. Ginny seems a bit too "perfect wife" so far though. She had always struck me as having a fiercely independent will of her own-at least in the latter half of the series.
RenitaLeandra chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
I really like how you've set up the story for Hermione and Harry to address the fact that their greatest exploits are behind them. I look forward in seeing how they come to terms with that idea. The only thing that I can say bothered me a bit was the time lapse between the first and second chapters. I think I would have liked to have seen a bit of exposition that briefly covered Hermione's personal time and Harry's increasing jealousy at being left out.
RenitaLeandra chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Oh my god I hate time-turner fics, but this fic doesn't hurt my brain while reading and you've managed to grab my interest in what's going to happen next. *reads on*
wyndnfyr chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
this would have been much better had you uploaded it in installments rather than all at once. You would probably have gotten a wider audience. However, it was still very good and I enjoyed it immensely :)
heartmom88 chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
Thank you for entertaining us!

semicharmed chapter 11 . 8/5/2012
Great story.

Is this something you've studied? Is there a site or book you can point me to?
heartmom88 chapter 10 . 8/5/2012
Yay!

Soooo... What's next? After the romance comes real life...

Thanks for posting-
heartmom88 chapter 9 . 8/5/2012
I'm really not a fan of Hermione with Ron... but they *do* have two children together in this reality. For that reason alone, I wish she had tried harder to communicate with him, if only to give him the option of trying to make things work. This whole reality has felt a bit "off", though... sort of like the disturbance in the force ;) to which the monk was referring. I'm holding out hope that Hermione uses her time turner in a more drastic way to effect a change that will set things on a better path...

Thanks for posting!
heartmom88 chapter 8 . 8/5/2012
-at Hermione's sound of protest he looked at her—"every time you take, something else loses. There is only so much energy and mass in the Universe. There are always consequences, even if nothing is made of them—save for the three Unforgivables—during your training."

Lots to think about there... Seems it's about time to make a decision.

Thanks for posting!
heartmom88 chapter 7 . 8/5/2012
Sounds like it's about time Hermione took the advice everyone and their dog is trying to give her. Honesty, while often painful, is also liberating.

Well done-