Reviews for White Carnations
PruePhantomhive chapter 1 . 1/19
I love your fanfic very much 3

Do You mind if I translate it into spanish? : )

Bisous.
Khaleesi95 chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Feels, feels, feels. Feels all around. This is so moving and sad and sweet. My heart ached for Loki (well, it always does but anyway) and I had a few "damn you, Thor" moments. Ah, this was truly lovely.
DeHaanedToDeath chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
I love all your Thorki fics Oh god I feel an obsession coming along...
Dirty Little Half Blood chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Oh my Jotunheim...

This is EPIC! Love the detail and emotion you've put into this.
Great all-rounder, added to the faves list :D
wbss21 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Man, these high school AU's you do, I can't even.

It's funny, because you wouldn't think Thor and Loki would work in such a setting, considering in a normal setting, they're gods, they're immortals, and they're insanely powerful. But again, what you do that is so extraordinary, is you capture the essence of these two guys, and you bring it to bear, you expose it and get to the raw truth of it, and so they then work beautifully in any setting.

This story completely tore my heart out and stomped on it, I'm not even joking. The way you write the interaction and relationship between Thor and Loki is always just so beautiful, and the way you're able to incorporate the circumstances that led to their eventual estrangement in the films into any setting, again, is just remarkable. Peer pressure, of course, is the culprit here, and I think, when you really think about it, it was the culprit in Asgard too.

Loki doesn't fit in, no matter which situation you put him in, and he gets singled out and bullied, and Thor, no matter what situation either, is supposed to be his protector, and his guardian, and the one who keeps him safe. And when the influence of others keeps that from happening, everything falls apart.

What really gets me is just how vulnerable Loki is here, but at the same time, how brave. He's small and physically weaker than most others, and he's getting viciously bullied and picked on, but like for example, the last scene, in the bathroom, when he's almost raped, the way he talks back to his attacker, and just shows so much courage, you find yourself having so much admiration for the kid. At the same time, it's utterly tragic and makes you feel so much despair, because you know, despite his brave face, he's scared to death, and he can't fight back, really.

Just in general, the circumstances you put him through here, it's grounded in so much reality. For a kid like Loki, high school can be the worst sort of place, like literal hell on earth, and just these scenes, like when Loki tries to talk to Thor during lunch, and Thor more or less ignores him, or when Thor is in the crowd of students surrounding Loki when he's being beaten up by that bully, and he does nothing, it's just heartbreaking. What I like is that, you show Thor in a less than perfect light. He makes horrible, and selfish mistakes. But they're never born out of any kind of malice, but out of fear. He doesn't want his friends to reject him, so he doesn't help Loki. Of course, Loki can't understand why, and maybe it's partially because he himself doesn't have that to lose. He has Darcy, but Thor is his only, true friend, it seems.

But man, when Thor saves Loki in the end from being raped, and from there on, he makes it clear to everyone that if they do anything to hurt Loki again, he'll make them very sorry, it's just such a hopeful, high note to end an otherwise very somber, painful story on, and I think that's beautiful. Amazingly done, as always. I just can't get over what a good writer you are, and once more, I have to thank you for sharing your work. I feel honored to be able to read it!
VengefulMothSlayer chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Arg, fucking twats.
Luna Barnes chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
If your goal was to make me cry with all the sweetness and angst, you've succeeded. This is absolutely lovely, in a heart wrenching way; I love your writing style
Water Damage chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Yeah, I'm just going to lay down and let my feels swallow me whole.

This was too bittersweet

/sobs into hands
Rurri chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Cried. ...so touching. Loved it.
Skarlettefox chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
this was unbeliveable, gotta tell ya, i dont usually read this sort of story, but you have done a phenominal job!
morbane5ever chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
I can't even express how much I love this story. Fantastic. 3
YaoiLovingPrincess chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
This is a very beautiful story, I could practically feel what Loki was going through. Great job.
charlie chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Well done! A fanfic that doesn't make me want to burn my dictionary!
The story is a little fast-paced, but for a oneshot, that's quite normal I suppose. You have a story with potential here.. Could have made a good multi-chapter if you stretch the plot a bit. I liked it, had a nice read on this. :)
skullgirllove chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
This is just lovely. Very very well done!
addicted2sasunaru chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Aww that was so beautiful. I love ur writing style