Reviews for Zygosis
Gracie chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
What a cute story, Mr. Northumbrian! A great read, and very well done for your first real Next Gen. Albus Severus is definitely exhibiting both Gryffindor-ish and Harry-ish traits. Poor Al! Lavender's a scary mother-in-law. Though what I can decipher from no cameos by Violet, Al is dealing with a very similar teenage girl. Like mother, like daughter. If the two of them end up together, I can see history in the form of Mark/Lavender and Harry/Ginny repeating. I mean, whether Ginny denies it or not, she and Lavender are more alike than they think. My proof, Chapter Three in A&S, anyone? Haha. Anyway, thanks for this fic, and also for the updates in H&P and Strangers. Cheers!
NoTagBacks chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Fun story. Lavender is very different from the way she was portrayed as a schoolgirl in the movies. I greatly enjoy this characterization of her. You write the best Lavender stories.

So, I assume that Albus will end up marrying Violet; he's certainly very serious about her. I'm glad I re-read this; I'd left Flossie and Hugo's relationship off of my family chart for Northumbrian stories.

The stunning of Miss Breeding with basilisk reflection was a nice touch. Was Breeding's name a deliberate surname pun, like Sprout and Lupin? Now that I think of it, Riddle was a pun, too. Never realized that before.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Nice. Oh, Al!
I thought... I thought you'd done something even more awkward than have a secret girl. Though, according to Lavender... No, I'm being stupid. Just because of the summary, doesn't mean you're sweating over THAT... Right?
einfach so chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Haha this was great! I love the idea of Albus and Lavenders daughter :)
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Well, I am a little confused here too. Reading the synopsis, I got the impression that Vilort Moon may be pregnant, but we are never really told that. Does the zygosis refer to thebreeding of the basilisks? But then, why is Al so worried about his parents meeting Violet, besides the fact that her mother is a little 'odd'... well, a lot odd actually.

Lesley
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Violet Moon in Slytherin, Didn't quite expect that but it's not the same as Draco Malfoy's Slytherin. I couldn't be sure from the context but I assume all three Potters are Gryffindors? Neville Longbottom as Headmaster, that's an interesting development too. But not altogether surprising.

It's not often you explore the times after the nineteen year gap. It is rather amusing to see this particular development, I remembered from your centuries story that Albus and Violet get together, but I love this interaction between Albus and Lavender whilst about to encounter a madwoman and her pet basilisk baby.

Love your stories and look forward to the next ones... I say that a lot but you know I still mean it. This was good.

Oracle of Phoenix
cyphervera chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I love Lavender! Al better watch out.
Cloud9timeforEmu chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Fantastic, as usual! Will you be continuing this one?
Bethyboo chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
An adult mature mother lavender is quite something. Who else would take a trainee and not just any trainee but her bosses son on a mission to find out if he is seeing her daughter. I wonder if mark moon is scarier than she is but i doubt it. It doesnt surprize me that nev becomes headmaster harry head auror and many of the others have have high positions in the minestry and wizarding world in general after all when just kids they possesed maturity beyond their years. I would love more stories like this they seem to say that the next generation grew up in a more innocent time thanks to their parents. Excellent as usual.
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Wow, like father, like son! That was pretty cool, 'seeing' a room of basilisk eggs incubating, and a crazy lady get stopped by her own "baby"! Exciting escape and basilisk fight! Somehow I doubt that Mark Moon is "scarier" than Lavender is, though. The way she was talking, I'm surprised she wasn't a Slytherin!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Excellent. I really enjoyed this foray into Al's life. Wonderful. Makes up for Strangers. Sigh!

Ngayonatkailanman
aalens chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Good and wonderfully entertaining story, as yours invariably are, and it is good to see more of the overall story you have created too . I do wish that muse of yours would flit back to the 'Strangers at Drakeshaugh' part of it though! lol
ShelPenguin chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
PLEASE CONTINUE!
Illyra chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Oh Lavender! That was not nice. But amusing!
Love to hear about all kids as young adults, which professions they choose, with whom they are together.
Fantastic story.
JetLaBarge chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
To Northumbrian,

I had to re-read Centuries.

When did you connect Violet Moon with Albus Potter? Very interesting. I can imagine you looking at that spread sheet of yours with all the characters in it and coming up with this story. So much easier than finishing one of the unfinished ones. (Just kidding. I love your work.)

Love all the puns, Breeding Mansion, Miss Breeding, Al killing a basilisk, Violet in Slytherin.

Just how long has Lavender sort of suspected that her Violet was going out with Albus? I don’t think Ginny was totally in the dark either; not like her.

I really don’t think Lavender is upset. On the contrary, who better to have as a son-in-law than the son of Harry Potter.

Breeding implies more than just practice; is a Potter grandchild on the way? Oops! Oh, the story is complete. Too bad.

I really hate most of the Next Generation stories. No one is trying to do anything serious, like everything good and important was done by their parents. I like you showing Albus in serious training. I’m looking for a lot more of this. How about Albus meeting the Moons, and Browns?

Good story.