Reviews for True Potential
Screamindivr145 chapter 37 . 9/12
It’s still really good, but you need to proofread. You have a bad habit of leaving out words in sentences or you use incorrect grammar.
Screamindivr145 chapter 32 . 9/11
Thank you for actually killing Orochimaru. Too many authors are too afraid to do it because they don’t have the imagination to come up with entirely original content afterwards. I think you’re the 2nd person I’ve seen kill him off in the invasion arc.
sddd chapter 65 . 9/11
I hate it that the clones let the genin team go. I mean you do realize that they are Naruto? Why would they do something that the original wouldn't aproove of?
Uzukaki chapter 66 . 9/10
Please don't take this the wrong way:
NaruHina happened alright, I get it. You don't need to remind everyone of their relationship by refering to them as "his girlfriend" or "her boyfriend". It seems forced when you do and I find myself skimming thru those parts just so I don't physically cringe. I suspect it's the result of not wanting to sound repetitive by just refering to them by their names or the pronouns associated with them, but.. just something else bro.
Not writing this to put you down, I just want the writing to improve. Maybe I'm just being picky, but this is an issue I've had for a while. I logged in so I wouldn't be disregarded as some nameless 'Guest' and so that I wouldn't be seen as just some troll. I don't write, I just read, so I haven't any experience in the practice. Best of luck, I like the story.
-Uzukaki
Naruto wouldn't let fresh genin fight an opponent like Kabuto, even his clones aren't that dumb. If your excuse for writing that in is that "he knew they wouldn't want to standly idly by" then Naruto shouldn't be a jonin sensei. In that situation, Naruto had to divert his attention away from Kabuto to protect them, which could have likely got him killed if Kabuto bothered to try. That got on my nerves.
CaptBurrito chapter 31 . 9/9
I'm a little annoyed Jiraiya didn't go Save Mode against the former Hokages. I know it would have shortened the fight up alot considering it would add two more combatants in the form of the Toad Sage couple and possibly made the fight less climatic but come on, I need 'Rochi' dead. Not prowling around again.
Screamindivr145 chapter 16 . 9/6
While you did a great job with the 2nd part of the exam, I gotta admit that I was a little disappointed Kurenai didn’t come up with something else for the 2nd part.
Animephilosopher1 chapter 25 . 9/6
I've been following this story for a short time, and already deeply enjoy it. Your method to give Naruto a few friends was beautiful, and more relatable. Having a large group of people accept him out of the Blue would have been too much plot armour, rather than selecting a smaller number, and giving them such greater impact.

I especially love and admire your training scene for everyone, from when Naruto, Shikamaru and Hinata were training with Shikaku and Yohsino to Anko's training methods and their Chunin Exam development. To be honest, the work you did with Naruto and Hinata between the preliminaries and the finals were incredible original and deeply impressive. Instead of following the model and pairing Naruto with Jiraya, I admire your originality in choosing Kurenai and Ibiki instead. I was a little disappointed that didn't feature Naruto training to counter genjutsu with Kurenai, but that's the only true critic in that topic.

While Hinata and Hiashi training together was pure brilliance. You established their relation as following the canon i earlier chapters. Then explored Hinata's development with Shikamaru and Naruto as friends, and brought in Hiashi at the best time. It was realistic, well-built in the long-term, and a great part of the story in it's own right. Especially by featured Hiashi and Hinata gradually becoming closer but remaining formal and in-character with a Deux et Machina scenario. I also enjoyed how you didn't do any character-bashing with Hiashi, and made him a pragmatist. Opening new development for Hinata and bringing her own iconic capabilities into play.

Involving Han into the story as a relatable character to Naruto was also very original, and enjoyable to read. While having Anko speak with Sasuke and making small changes while keeping him in-character was deeply refreshing. Personally, I believe that too many authors feature Sasuke as a bland 2-dimensional egocentric maniac. Completely ignoring the character-dimensions that make him a complete person in the Naruto series and resulting in a boring character to read about.

You have not done that, and made Sasuke a full 3-dimensional character with his own unique depths, and making the story all the better through it. Especially the scene between him and Anko during their training.

The Chunin Finals fights were also spectacular. I am also working on a story that will have Shikamaru and Shino eventually going agains teach other, and enjoyed finding someone else who can appreciate how similar and strategic such a match-up would be.

You also created a very layered and engaging plot line. Where the choices different characters make drive and shape the plot, rather than making it a stale cut-and-paste scenario. The influence that Han and Naruto had on each other, the Tsuchikage's choice to speak with Konoha, and how the friendship between Naruto, Hinata and Shikamaru influenced Hiruzen's decisions to change the Genin teams was well-constructed, had great pacing, and are relating in a butterfly-effect.

I'm eager to read more, and hope you continue writing such an amazing story.
Aetheriol chapter 72 . 9/6
Wow, insane story, I'm really enjoying it. Favorite for sure!
I bet it is Jiraiya
aslan333 chapter 72 . 9/2
excellent story so far.
Uzukaki chapter 45 . 8/30
Pretty ballsy to have them die like that, but I approve. Not everything can work out ya'know.
Uzukaki chapter 43 . 8/29
This story is good. I like it. I divvies up the attention by showing different character aspects often enough to keep it fresh, but not too frequent.
Uzukaki chapter 27 . 8/26
Whoa! There was a policy among the Uchiha not to use the Sharingan out of combat? Cool!
IWantColoredRain chapter 72 . 8/26
Very good, looking forward to the next update.
4,132 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »