Reviews for The Writer
AutumnAtMidnite chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Amazing story! An original concept and such fluid writing, the combination of which gave me goosebumps. It is so rare to find something this good...
screaming crow 101 chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
please continue to write this!
screaming crow 101 chapter 3 . 5/14/2013
i especially love how it is a new story each chapter... you must have done a great deal of looking up things!
screaming crow 101 chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
i love this!
Rosa Cotton chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
Oh wow...! The Phantom in Middle-Earth, my mind is starting to whirl with the possibilities. Wonderful imagery in this chapter. Erik daring to hope for light and life made me smile.

Well done. Hope you bless us readers with more.
Rosa Cotton chapter 3 . 4/19/2013
I loved the quiet suspense you developed right at the opening of the chapter. It made one think of a mystery, a warning this visitor was not quite like the others. And indeed he wasn't! What a unique idea...Bluebeard, I would have never thought of him seeking a better ending. Personally, I thought the whole interaction between him and the Writer was brilliant. And her turning him into a cat - for some strange reason I imagine him as the dark side of the same coin that is Puss in Boots.

A very good chapter. :)
BlueNynaeve chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
To continue Captain Fantastic's suggestion - Mary Bennett and Corin from the Chronicles of Narnia. He is merry and wild and she is equally looking for guidance, but much more disciplined (practices). Or Peter, because he might be more willing to search beneath the surface and he needs someone who has the strength of will to support him.
BookishBeast chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
Wow. Simply wow. I love this idea, it is original and wonderful and I wish there were more of it to read. I absolutely love what you have done. I have to ask, would you mind if I used your character "the writer" in personal writing, not published or put on the internet or anything? I just want to play with it. I love this.
the little bit chapter 4 . 12/29/2012
Hey, this is pretty cool - I like the idea, just one question... what happens to the story if a character has disappeared/been relocated?
dreamyourwaythroughlife chapter 4 . 11/20/2012
Brilliant. Amazing description that created beautiful images in my mind, I love how you don't over describe with too many words but several sentances/words that are powerful enough to blow you away. I think this chapter is my favourite so far because it is just so enchantingly constucted.
whatdotheydream chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
I'm so glad you've updated, because I've missed so much meeting these new characters!
Bingo7 chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Woah. imagine the possibilities of the Phantom in Middle-Earth...but of course you already have which is why this delightfully hopeful snippet is here and why I'm congratulating you on another lovely depiction of the beloved Writer. :)
Windarian chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
Oh, so lovely! I love your ability to capture a character without giving away who it is. And then I have to go back and re-read and go "Oh ya! This is so perfect!"
I like the placement too. I think the elves will appreciate his vocal abilities.
Jimli chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
I really like this; it's a shame there isn't more.

As far as Phantom of the Opera goes, I personally think Erik would be better off almost anywhere else. I thought that Christine was a wishy-washy, pathetic creature, the worst female I'd encountered in a book. (Until I read Twilight, that is. Ugh, Bella is so much worse than Christine.) I think you pegged Erik quite well.

Jimli
AngelFace273 chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
(eyes sparkle) THANK YOU! (glomps author and Writer) Not what I was thinking of at all, but it's still perfect! I just hope he doesn't turn himself into another Golem from sociophobia or something...
By the way, I was thinking of the Angel of Music when I chose my name, so... (blush)
Oh, I just had a thought; Does the Writer help fictional characters and ONLY characters, or could she help ordinary people who would be happier in some story? It would probably be one of those "once in a blue moon" situations, but just something to think about.
Can't wait to see who the Writer helps next time!
Ja ne!