Reviews for Suppression
Maddie chapter 31 . 4/16
I love your story I can't wait for you to finish the story. I am trying to imagine hat happens next but I know that the way that you will write it will be so much better. I wonder if Margaret will realise that John can see because he recognised that her dress is black (mourning). Hurry to update please!
Please continue the story for all of your adoring fans...
javagirl44 chapter 31 . 3/30
I have enjoyed reading your story. I will say, that 31 chapters with no resolution is a bit disappointing. This could easily have been 2 stories. John's depression gets overshadowed by the fire. I would have preferred an ending there, and then a new story, beginning with the fire, etc. It gets a bit like a soap opera.
That said, I really like the dialogue. I would be interested in learning more about Fanny's character. You started to explore her in the first few chapters, but then she seemed to recede and go back to her earlier ways.
Other thoughts of mine: I always want the Higgins/Boucher family to move in to the Hales' old house. I think that would be a nice step up for them. Margaret could buy it out of sentimentality and rent to them. Just a thought. I am looking forward to the resolution of your story. Thanks for writing!
Oh. My. God. There has to be more, no and's, if's, or's, but's about it. If it could possibly be updated within the next to weeks, it would make my day!
Please say you will update your beautiful story. It s so unique among n&s fiction! I am in limbo w/ your characters waiting to see what will happen... how they will overcome this distance b/w them. How will they declare their love & come together? I can't wait to read more!
gisbatistella chapter 31 . 3/20
Awesoooooooome! Please tell me you'll update it soon! I love your storie! 3
Mimi chapter 31 . 3/17
Hi! I just want to send some happy thoughts your way :-) Your fans are still eagerly waiting for the next chapter of this amazing story you've created. I hope you update soon and begin to bring John and Margaret out of their misery... Can't wait to see what happens next!
I am sure you know where you're going w/ this. But I could see this as an opportunity to bring back the lighter mood from the shared dinner at Higgins' home. W/ John's memory gone. Maybe his fear is, too. Then, as things become easier between them, Nicholas comes into his room to discuss a matter w/ Margaret. John has a memory of Margaret smiling Nicholas at the Higgins home. But misinterprets it to mean she is married to Nicholas & b/c more distant. Only to become more confused when his next memory is of her smiling HIM! He tries to insert the carefree repertoire to solve the mystery... Then as his eyes get better, he notices the wedding dress on the chair. I cant remember, is it still in the corner? Maybe she places it there as a reminder to herself... But the dress triggers a memory of him kissing her in that dress & how happy he was at that moment..."We are married? " he asks her. "You're my wife?" Elation floods over him & he knows he loves this woman. He can see the love in her eyes. Things continue to improve b/w them. Until another memory threatens their growing happiness... the one where he is removing her wedding dress & her near death illness. W/ that he has a flooding return of all his memories & his crippling fear of losing her. Yet, he dwells on her last words and actions at the time of the fire, especially that kiss. And they have made new memories of late that prove to him that she isn't going anywhere... could there be a happy endind to write after all? ... These are just my imaginings for the story. I'm sure you have much better & can express them in your beautiful style of writing. Please don't leave us in the air too long. I am desperate to see their happy ending...
Giulia chapter 31 . 3/4
Really wonderful! I think that maybe he could rememver her with something related to the wedding dress, or maybe a kiss, or a dream... i don't know... but please, keep writing! Don't leave us this way! It is the best fanfiction of North and South that I have ever read!
Soooooo good. I need to know what happens
Please tell me it is not over. Love this new version of North & South. Looking forward to a happy ending..?
Thank you for 2 more wonderful chapters and for continuing with the story. It is such a good story that I am sure you could sell this book in kindle on Amazon once it is finished. I have bought 3 kindle books over the past week that also started on this site and yours is so much better and I would love to buy it if it became available. Thanks again, Sue
Katherine chapter 31 . 2/20
I love it! There were a few typos, but overall it's an amazing chapter. Personally I love fanfiction stories that are long. I read them to get enjoyment and short stories just don't do it for me. I'm so invested in your characters! When I checked my in box and your update was there I practically jumped for joy! I can't wait for the next chapter! Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!
LadySnape88 chapter 31 . 2/20
More please!
LadySnape88 chapter 27 . 2/20
Omg... I so wasn't expecting that o.O