Reviews for Suppression
Laura chapter 34 . 11/23
Great story! Love the action and suspense and you different take on the story without changing too much. Can't wait for more!
anon chapter 13 . 11/21
The word "lifeless" at the very beginning of the chapter is really distracting: it implies she's actually died! I was concerned... :(
Obs. B chapter 6 . 11/20
This chapter almost made me a little teary. (In a good way.) In the book, I always had such a hard time with the 100 pages of misunderstanding that happen between Margaret and John. I always wished that, prior to the ending, that even just once that they could have again interacted together like normal human beings, instead of mutually jilted lovers. Reading this made me really happy. You do a really excellent job of portraying everyone's emotions in a way that seems very true to reality, and is also very touching. That first blush of being in love, when everything the other person does - and everything you do in reaction to them - is magnified to the nth degree.

And it was funny. "God knew he had proved his ability to be an incorrigible, discourteous, offensive ass to her." That made me laugh so hard. As if he was *trying* to be an incorrigible, discourteous, offensive ass! As if it was some sort of test - which he was passing!

Sorry for the long review. I felt moved to write a lot about this chapter, apparently. Thanks.
Anon chapter 5 . 11/20
This chapter really does a remarkable, amazing job of conveying the emotions running high behind everyone, especially John. Excellent reading, thank you.
Anon chapter 5 . 11/20
I think it's so awesome that you included which songs inspired you to write this chapter! Thanks! :)
anon chapter 4 . 11/20
I really enjoyed this chapter... it really conveys the depth of Margaret's feelings very well!
Anon chapter 4 . 11/20
I like your story and it is enjoyable to read. But in the book, Margaret has dark eyes!
Anon chapter 1 . 11/20
This is book based, but you refer to her "bewitching blue eyes"? In the book, she has dark eyes!
Maigra917 chapter 34 . 11/20
I can't wait until the next chapter. i love this couple and you make them so real. Especially with John's mental illness. Keep it up and know that people support you
Sophia Quills chapter 1 . 11/16
This is the most stunningly original North and South story that I have read! This is a work of amazing power and imagination. There is something so elemental and raw about it, it refuses to leave you. I am completely blown away!

I am willing to wait however long you need to complete this story. Thank you so much for this story!
NanamiYatsumaki chapter 34 . 11/15
Thanks for the update. John finally knows! Keep up the good work, see you next time.
jwaz01 chapter 34 . 11/9
Hi! I do not remember to have read this chapter but thanks for it! I wish u a lot of luck in the follows. Have a really nice day!
brkfstattiffys chapter 34 . 11/9
This story is turning me every way but loose! Arranged marriage, pneumonis, mental illness, a fire, amnesia, and now a gunshot wound! Please continue. I'm losing sleep wondering what will happen next.
So happy to see an update and love the revelations that John had. All the pieces are coming together to form the picture of his albeit broken relationship with Margaret. Thank you for your work, can't wait for the next chapter!
smitha.raj.125 chapter 34 . 11/8
Thank you for continuing the story...You have no idea how much I love this story...regarding your personal life,same chin up...Hugs