Reviews for Suppression
AerynsFallen chapter 32 . 2/8
It is worse than I feared. I'm so sorry for your situation. While I can't understand what you're going through, I've seen the stress and heartache a divorce can cause. My parents recently separated and are divorcing. I no longer live at home but I have a ten year old brother who does. Please take all the time you need. I love this story and will definitely return to it eagerly at the next update!
AerynsFallen chapter 23 . 2/8
Now, I just wanted to address a few things. Firstly, I FREAKING LOVE THIS STORY! Now that the most important thing is out of the way, a couple other things. When you revealed John's illness it came as a surprise. While I'll admit I was displeased with Margaret's spiral into bitterness, it was a perfectly understandable response. And I'm not saying I was jumping for joy with the turn in direction, but I was definitely intrigued. What is fanfiction for really? You showed an unexplored path that I haven't seen. And I love the characters and your writing enough to see them through this. I want to see John overcome this and I want Margaret to be happy. As with every major turn from canon you're going to see some flamers and people who really can't see it any other way than what they want or expect. I'm sorry you found their reviews disheartening and I hope you choose to finish this story. The reason I reviewed now, rather than when I completed the published chapters is because I'm afraid you've given up on the story. Hopefully that isn't the case! The things that really turn me off a story is horrible grammar (and I mean obscenely horrible so I can't understand), no real plot or real point to the story or completely OOC and outrageous characters I can't reconcile myself to. And I found none of those here. I'm ashamed to admit that some of my own writing is guilty of my own pet peeves and I can't even read some of it, but I leave it up for the people that do enjoy it and try not to take the bad reviews too seriously. Sorry for my rambling but I felt very strongly about the negative responses when I see absolutely nothing wrong with this story and enjoy it immensely.

As for the chapter, I really hope John is okay. Thanks for the story. I'll continue reading now!
hi
BadWolf-212 chapter 32 . 1/12
Just finished reading all the chapters. It is very well written, and I can't wait to read what happens next. I am so sorry about what has been going on in your personal life, but take as long as you need. In the meantime I am going to let my feels recover from this emotional roller coaster. I just want to see them finally be happy with one another!
A. K. Hunter chapter 32 . 12/16/2014
Just binge-read this story over the last two days. I'm completely in love with it. I see it's been several months since you last updated, and I understand this story is probably dead, but I hope it's not. I hope you'll update soon and share more of John and Margaret's story. It's such a beautiful story, and you're such a talented writer. I wish you luck in all your non-fanfic endeavors and beg you to please update soon!
Lisa chapter 3 . 12/14/2014
I've continued to read your story line because it's very well written, no matter how many typos you've left behind.

I don't know whether you are still reading your reviews, but if you are I want to let you know that I'm enjoying very much your version.
Lisa chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Well done. I've enjoyed this chapter very much. Love how smoothly you've describe your scenes.
SuziCue6 chapter 32 . 12/9/2014
I'm so sorry to hear about the hardships you're going through this year and I hope things have improved some since your post in June. I just finished reading this story, or what you've posted so far, and it's excellent. I look forward to reading more when you have more, but of course your life has to come first. Hopefully people have been understanding and not giving you grief about the story. Take care.
garlingd chapter 32 . 11/16/2014
I am hooked on this variation and I so hope you continue writing it. It is a very involved storyline and I want to know what happens to our love birds. I was skeptical of the whole mental breakdown at first but now am intrigued with how all the pieces will fit back together. You have a gift for writing, keep it up!
garlingd chapter 17 . 11/15/2014
Love the build up! Can't wait for more!
garlingd chapter 7 . 11/14/2014
Love this variation! Sweet, compelling, well written!
draegon-fire chapter 32 . 10/31/2014
I just recently discovered North and South, and absolutely LOVE this story. There's been a few chapters that had me break down in tears. It's the mark of a really great writer who can inspire the readers to feel the same emotions as the characters. I'm also very sorry to hear about your struggles, and hope that things are working out for you. I'm looking forward to when you start writing again, as I'm looking forward to John getting his memories back, and finally have a real marriage with Margaret.
shortstuff chapter 32 . 9/18/2014
i have never yet felt the need to write a review of any of the stories i have read on fan fiction but i have so much enjoyed yours, so much so that i have stayed up very late into the night just not able to put it down.
i am very sorry for all that you have been through and hope that thing will sort themselves out for you very soon.
i will keep checking up on the story as i think you have an amazing talent. North and south is my favourite book ever and your definitely compares to it.
looking forward to the next chapter when you can. x
rannie-x chapter 32 . 9/8/2014
hey.. I just wanted to say that when I started reading your story, I couldn't stop until I was all caught up. you write hauntingly well.
I am sorry to hear about your recent troubles... but I hope you continue to find comfort in writing :)
hope you are well :)
KylieKyotie chapter 32 . 7/22/2014
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive, engaging story. Your characters, tension, and plot choices have kept me riveted throughout - even in your so-called "filler" chapters (I found all of them essential BTW - no "filler" in my opinion). I have thoroughly enjoyed it - in one reading, no less, end-to-end! Given your explanation (chapter 32) for delays in posting new material, you must have done a great deal of writing when you were faced with your own emotional upheaval and life changes. I hope that writing helped you cope, even though it is a painstaking, time-consuming endeavor. As someone who has enjoyed your efforts tremendously, I have to say your dedication is very much appreciated. I hope everything works out for the best, whatever that may be in your case. If reconciliation is not possible or maybe even wanted, then I hope you may enjoy a peaceful conclusion. As you know, there are many chapters in a story, in fiction, and in life... Here's hoping all the best for you, and your story...