Reviews for Were the World Falling
Li492 chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
GO SIT IN A CORNER AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!
DX
THAT WAS SO GOOD.
AND SO BAD(only because I've got the urge to ball my eyes out)
ARRRGH.
I love/hate it so much.
Just about the best Bart Trilogy fanfic I've read. :D
Resha04 chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
This is... this is so beautiful... and deep, and heart-wrenching. I feel my chest tightened in the paragraph where it's said that all the future that he had planned for Nathaniel could never come to reality. While reading the book, I always thought that Nathaniel's parents didn't care for him, and they were poor so they needed the money and thus they left as soon as they got it. I never did consider the possibility that they might care, that they didn't have any choice in giving away their son to a total stranger.
The last part, where Nathaniel's father hoped that he could just go back inside and save his son from the cruel world they were born in, and then he chose to step away from the knight-in-shining armor fantasy, it was so sad and very painful and-and-and...
What if he knows that his son had to die in the end?

Thank you for this beautiful story. *sob*
Sofear chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
That was freaking amazing! So sad though, made me me want to cry a bit. Really well done. Nice to have a "normal" persons perspective added to the mix, even if if not a totally unbiased one. Kind of sheds a new light on the whole thing doesn't it?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
What-this-you-how-?

This has to be the most beautiful one-shot I have ever, ever, read. Like, as in my LIFE. This is so, so, so, so brilliant I will cry with joy if there's a sequel. *Hint, hint.*
TiFu chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
...Sob. Brilliant perspective on those two lines. Asdf I am at a loss for words.
Mikazuki Mitsukai chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This broke my heart... It hurts... Poor Nate...

Sequel?

How about one when the father learned of Nathaniel's death? After all, Kitty did stopped using John Mandrake when she's talking about Nathaniel ever since the Glass Palace.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Oh my God, this is such a good idea I'm amazed no one else thought of it before! This is so, so, so, so, so, so amazingly written, by the way. I can't even describe how much I enjoyed this.
Tarafae chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Wahh...so sad...;n;

It's very interesting, though. A creative twist - no one's ever deeply explored Nathaniel's real family before, and to do so in second person present tense...my, you are very talented. I commend you; I doubt I could do this.

Very well written with pure emotion.
I think it didn't help that I was listening to a sad song about a parent losing their child while reading this... ;n;
BoltAcid chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
That was absolutely gorgeous, and you are a wonderful storyteller, geez it felt as if I was reading an actual, published book. I cried lmaO, but honestly you have a crazy way with words, idk very prim and proper and eveeeery sentence slotted into place perfectly.

Thank you for writing this (aka my new headcanon for what really went down with Nat's parents aw man my heart). Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
Undistiguished Closet Writer chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Wow this is amazing. I love your writing style and that you did Nathaniel's parents, something that isn't written about as much in this fandom. Excellent work!
toufan-goddess chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
That was great! You portrayed the characters very well. Unfortunatly, this fandom doesn't get enough popularity... I like your writing style, especially that you incorporated Nat's dad!
Quin13 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
omg, this made me cry. it's so nice. and your writings amazing. you made one mistake though, a very small one. I'm guessing you were trying to write in british english to go with the character, you did a good job but you used the word 'sidewalk' when we call it 'pavement'. it's very small though, not noticeable. :D

it's still a very good story. I liked Nat's dad and the Ms Lutyens reference. :)