Reviews for Some Semblance of Meaning
Shinoki chapter 84 . 8/22
...Aaaahhhhhh... Being Vale is suffering.
My precious child. I guess... argh.
Shinoki chapter 62 . 8/22
Being Vale is suffering.
I really like Fen...
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Kit is so cute!
Abie chapter 97 . 3/31
I'm in shock right now. This was an absolutely incredible story. I have no words. This last chapter just about ripped my heart out.
Plasma Knight chapter 10 . 1/10
Hmm, I'm pretty sure that the outfits from the same district are supposed to match. It seems odd to me that Vale and Kit's teams didn't decide together what to have them wear.
Plasma Knight chapter 9 . 1/8
Have to admit, I was worried you'd rip off the costume from the actual book. The idea who did come up with is a pretty good one, nice job on you.
Plasma Knight chapter 7 . 1/8
I like the touch that the District 3 girl was named Perl. The Computer Science major in me got all self-pleased at knowing where the name came from, lol.
Plasma Knight chapter 3 . 1/7
That is a pretty brutal bit of irony. Maybe Vale shouldn't have been so selfless :p
Plasma Knight chapter 1 . 1/7
It is kinda sad that not much seems to be spared for all the unlucky people that came from 12 before Katniss and Peeta.

I'll be looking forward to more, but since this IS a prequel I'll be awaiting a sad ending :/
Biancachu chapter 22 . 11/27/2015
It made since now how Lavinia knew Damon so personally. Since should be sense.

I did see that coming. :D
Paul chapter 97 . 9/30/2015
Not quite sure where the ending is going, although I am hazelle supposed to be gales mother? This isn't my favorite hunger games fanific, but it's a pretty good one. Keep up the good work.
Kristen again chapter 97 . 9/25/2015
OH MY GODD LILY WHYY
Kristen chapter 96 . 9/25/2015
Lillyyyy why you do this to me
Asmo chapter 97 . 9/23/2015
Okay the "guest " review right before this that cuts off all weird right before (after?) this was me, so I'll just continue it here:
-I've actually experienced, so yeah, crying at a Disney children's movie makes a little more sense if you're me.) Thankfully, SSoM was not dealing with stuff I've experienced (yay! Never been forced to fight to the death as a kid!) it's just that good.
-as i said in an earlier review, great POVs.
-l like how Maybelle (who is freaking awesome, btw) doesn't immediately like Sid, and doesn't like that he has a sort of idealized view of her that comes from not knowing her very long and meeting her in a super stressful situation.
- the way Vale says she could love him but hasn't known him long enough to be in love yet really makes sense, as well as the fact that his trauma isn't just from her death. Yes they were very close, but they still hadn't known each other for that long, so good job on realism.
- one tiny criticism: your characters are so well realized and compelex, but your arena, while well described, was a little dull (sorry, this is my hunger games pet peeve, amd and its not like it took away from my enjoyment very much at all (like maybe 1% at most) but maybe your next arena...
So yeah, love you're fic, i will definitely read any others you write about things i have read/watched/etc... [So far you haven't, which is fine (of course) but i hope you do at some point (or another hunger games thing, i honestly think you are ~better than canon~ (high fanfic honor)]
-Asmo
Guest chapter 97 . 9/23/2015
Okay, got to the end (well the end so far) and I'm definitely impressed! Really amazing characters, and great plot :) Okay, specifics;
-the pragmatist and idealist device is great, and I like that sometimes one of them is right and somtimes the other, although the idealist represents the broader good, the pragmatist is needed to help Vale survive. I also liked the way it tried to get her to let Sid die. It wasn't just saying "let him die and you can survive," it was saying "let him die and you can survive -to do good-." For me at least that would be a much more compelling argument, so it made sense that Vale would be tempted in a way that pure survival wouldn't have tempted her.
- the concept of of having a belief in "heaven" that sometimes seems very true and sometimes feels like you're just holding on to false hope really speaks to me. It's actually kind of how I feel. I'm glad that it's real here, and I think you're better at writing happier stuff than you think.
-i like that Kit is still Kit, snarky and all, in the place without districts.
- actually I just really like Kit in general.
- this holds the distinction of being one of the few works of fiction that really made me cry (fun fact: one of the others is "Frozen" but that's because it is so close to stuff