Reviews for Beneath this Sky
AbstractSong101 chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Oh my god, I totally read "hives" and thought of the skin complaint. I was thinking "Urgh, times really are tough" and then I realised. lol. Makes more sense.

"There were countless urban legends of people time traveling while using the toilet or having sex."
Awkwarddddd.

So Bella and Jessica were friends pre-time travelling? And met up again whenever Bella reached where Jessica was? So now Jessica is ten years younger than Bella?

"We should've seen warning signs, but all of our readings for a week beforehand are the same. There's nothing there. No fluctuations, no bursts… nothing that would indicate a huge storm on the horizon."
Hmmmm now I'm wondering if the powers-that-be, or whoever created this whole thing, can whip the storms up out of nowhere?! Because someone must be causing it - the prologue says so! lol. But then I guess why would the build ups that they have picked up on their equipment sometimes happen? Maybe it went further than initially planned and the person can't stop it. Oh, I don't know! I think it's (at least sometimes) more controlled than random fluctuations of energy though. But I still don't know why anyone would want to do it. Unless it's someone we havn't met yet - or someone with a reason that I can't remember. (Welcome to 101 reasons I'm a terrbile conspiracy theorist).

The Alice thing is intriguing! I can't wait to see what they'll find.

"Yep. And you should call me sir, for good measure. But hey, pure intentions? Lame. I can't live vicariously through that."
SO MUCH LOVE.

"I think the meat is chicken," he said. "It tastes like it, anyway. I'm almost sure it's not insect or slug, though, and I'm completely sure it's delicious." Pausing, he exhaled a laugh. "It occurs to me that I should've just said it was delicious and left it at that."
Oh, I love him, too.

Bella and Edward's date is so sweet. I could copy and paste the entire thing back to you, lol.

I DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO WAIT TWO WEEKS TO FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN. Expect pestering.

Loved it, as always :)
blueeyes11354 chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Sometimes divey restaurants have the best food (though I suppose when it's your only option you can't help longing for something else). Good date though, all things considered. :)

Looks like more riddles to solve with the reapparence of a lost mother. Interesting.
ibleedscarletandgray chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
This is such a lovely, amazing story. Your writing is just so full of imagery that stays with me long after I've read your updates. I really love your Bella and Edward - they are just so solid.

I love how you are pacing the story as the plot develops - this new twist is huge - Alice communicating after all this time - and Renee!

Can't wait for more - thanks for sharing!

xo
Guest chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Love this story!
songster chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
OOOOOhhh. Nice. I totally did not see that coming. Can't wait to hear Renee's story. The date was lovely too. You feel the conflict in B. How much she wants to hope and how scared that makes her. :-)
TiramiSue84 chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Beautiful writing.

Sweet moments between Bella and Edward.

A squirt of suspense and mystery adde to the already steaming pot of your storyline.

Ending things with a freaking cliffy.

Perfect!

Awesome chapter! Thanks sor sharing. :D

-Sue
Tach8 chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
It's getting good :)
AnjieNet chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Loved Edward and Bella's first date. It's nice that something can be almost normal though Bella having to deal with another loved one with the disease will be a hardship. So Renee is alive and in Burns. What has she been up to and why had she not found Bella?
TessLouise chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Whoa...what? Good stuff!
TLammy chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
So cruel...got the date and I enjoyed it but really to leave us there. It's good thing I love this story so much and am so invested in it ;) Excellent chapter and of course I'm dying for more.
Dicatakadd chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Wow...I didn't see that coming! Impressive cliffiy!
pnkats chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
What?!
Camilla10 chapter 12 . 1/13/2013
Oh, cliffhanger.
btw, since your story IS complicated, let me sum up what I have understood of the context: During storms people is snatched from the present time and disappears. Sometime another storm (or not?) takes them back to their original time, but they are often (always?) sick, and they are hunted down, if caught. Right, so far?
Question: What do they do in another time?
It appears also that some people are taken from a different time and brought to present time (at least the time the story happens). It seems the case with Edward but, will/could he be brought back to his old time?
thimbles chapter 11 . 1/10/2013
I'm fail at reviewing, sorry!

- Bella's heartbeat and words both stuttered, but her smile didn't; it knew its answer. Edward waited, eyebrows raised. Chewing the inside of her cheek, Bella shifted her weight from foot to foot.

One date couldn't hurt, right? It wouldn't catapult her into heartbreak. If Edward could drum up enough hope, so could she. Ignoring the flashing warning signs, she let the smile win. -

I love this.

- "I mean, flirting is one thing," Jessica said, "but dating? If you fall in love with him... isn't losing a friend hard enough already?"

"It is. Most days I don't think anything could hurt more."

Jessica's eyes misted over, but she didn't let the tears fall. "Dammit, Bella," she said in a strangled voice. Facing the opposite wall, she sat on the edge of the bed. Her shoulders moved up and down, up and down, measuring out each slow breath. -

Aww, man. My heart. It aches.

Loved this chapter, can't wait for more :D

Shell x
Nicoconsd chapter 11 . 1/9/2013
Ohhh what was Jess going to say! :)

Man that's so sad about Bella's dad I wonder what happened to him I forget if you already told us :( But I can't imagine hiding under the bed and gosh it's so great that she did come out I can't imagine if she never did!

I hope their date is awesome and they get some make out time too :)
1,266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 .. Last Next »