Reviews for Beneath this Sky
songster chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
I can't even imagine the stress of living like this and trying to be hopeful. Bella copes by taking care of people. I think I may need a primer on this time shift thing. So the first surge/shift was when? and it took people from early time periods and moved them forward. There are still people who haven't returned where they were and who knows where they are? So does this mean a Roman centurion could show up and is the converse true? Could someone from a later time go backwards? I suck at physics btw. LOL. I'm just trying to wrap my feeble brain around this. Feel free to tell me to re-read. :-)
Daphodill chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
I don't remember Jasper being in the story earlier. I need to go back and re-read some bits.

This is a fantastic story, just the right blend of drama, romance, suspense, humor, and sci-fi. I love it!

I really want Rose and Em to get their issues resolved. And the UST with the others...ooh-wee! At least Garrett finally did something.

Thanks for another engaging chapter, looking forward to the next update!
whohellanoes chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
thank you for the update. this is such a fabulous story. hopefully Carlisle finds something soon. and not just for Jess, but for Edward too. hope it all works all in the same. till next time. seen the pic tease this AM. pretty excited for that.
insanemum chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
God - you nearly made me choke with that quip from Jessica. Fabulous as always :)
FemmeFatale914 chapter 8 . 11/26/2012
I am a bit behind on my reading, but I'm so glad i finally read this chapter...I freaking knew Edward was going to be a time traveler! I still have my theory of where he is from and I can't wait to keep reading to see what unfolds next. I especially can't wait for the story to reach the place that the prologue takes places...As usual, I'm loving everything about this story
radiantone chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Ugh I just love all of your posts. Why do they have to end?!

Jessica managed to make me smile at the end of this one despite all the heaviness going on. 6 months is not long enough! And Edward can't die! All I can think about is what he says to Bella in the prologue. I can't wait to get to that point in the story and see how everything connects.

Will you do another brief review before the next chapter? There are a lot of layers to this story and I don't want to miss out on anything with my flimsy memory.

Wonderful work :)
littlelizruth chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Ha! Wow this is crazy. Edward is from 1901? Crazy. I wonder if Garrett wants to turn her.
crazymama chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Hahahaha! Good one, Jess! I like her a lot in this story!
Capricorn75 chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Oh, Jessica. I love you! I can't deal with her dying...please let her be changed or cured :-(
And now I'm so curious as to how the wolf blood and venom would mesh in her system.
Genny910 chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
I've never liked Jessica so much.

You are doing great work. Keep it up!
BelieveItOrNot chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
"With the exception of the trees that had been painted orange and red by autumn, everything would be green again within a week." - so prettily stated.

"Even so, Bella wasn't sure the grass and weeds didn't keep up their obnoxious cycle of renewal beneath the blanket of cold." - sad how the storms make nature flourish while the people are left in devastation. so interesting, too. I loved the use of the word "obnoxious" here, as well.

I got lost in the story after that... There's something about your writing that touches my heart and twists my tummy. I wanted to cry for Edward when he was telling his story and when Bella came to the understand of what it meant for Edward to cut that woman down. And as I've said before, it's just hard to get me to cry. I can't even put my finger on what it is about your writing that makes me feel that way while other stories with sadder scenarios just don't. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know. I'm inclined to think that it's your light hand. I get so drawn into your story/characters and I'm not pulled out of it by hyperbole, because you just don't use manipulative wording, ever.

"Looking every bit like the big brother she'd never asked for, he tugged on a lock of her hair." - love the "big brother she'd never asked for" alternative to the brother I never had. love the canon connotation as well.

"Where his feet touched the ground, frost melted into dew." - you're such a natural wolf writer, you should've written the canon wolves. I would've loved them and never skipped all their scenes.

"It's not like she heals on her own." Dashing the tears from her cheeks with the back of her hand, Bella took a few deep breaths. "Wouldn't they be able to smell it if she was different, somehow?" - hmm, so interesting. I wonder if this will come up again. I'm sure it will.

"As soon as Jessica looked up, she frowned and touched Bella's cheek in a silent question." - sigh, so I just swooned over Jessica.

I love Garrett and Jessica getting closer.

Thank you for writing such wonderfulness! Next chapter, please!
thimbles chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
heh, I can't exactly spout my hypotheses in my reviews ... so, I'm just going to pick out some of my favourite pieces of your beautiful writing ;)

- Had Jessica been awake, she would've had several comments to make about that. Most of them probably would've centered around the possibility of getting Garrett in there and convincing him to parade around topless as well. And then words like "Jell-O" and "mud" and "wrestling" would've entered into the conversation. -

I am completely enamoured with this Jessica. Completely. I want one to be friends with.

- The words were softer than they had been the day before, but they still held that stubborn edge, like he thought if he put enough force behind them, he could hammer them like one of his machines—repair them until they were true. -

- Perhaps it was because they were in the same fight, battling together against time. - *nods*

- Holding Jessica's face between his hands, he bent at the waist and touched his lips to hers: fleeting, tender kisses that made something flutter in Bella's stomach just from watching them. - mine too, Bella. It's one of those moments I adore in writing, when I almost feel guilty watching, so potent is the intimacy of a scene.

- She was back in that dream. She had to be. Everything in her wanted to shout, and all she could do was whisper. The Raiders were probably nearby, combing the forest for time travelers. As always, they were a gag shutting her mouth, a rope binding her wrists. -

- "Oh, my God." Jessica threw her hands in the air. "It's like you don't know me at all. I know there was a storm last night, but even when disaster strikes, we have to remember our priorities."

"What are you talking about?"

"Woman, where is my cupcake?" -

This friendship ... it's my favourite. There aren't enough fics with beautifully written friendships, and this one just makes my heart all melty.

I love this story, so much! Can't wait for MORE :)

Shell xx
gabby1017 chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
A forgotten cupcake!
Maddy chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
lol yeah.. how dare she forget that cupcake!
so.. time travelers don't necessarily get MBS? Are the Raiders after MBS people only or all time travelers? I'm assuming people in "the past" don't know about these time storms?
moosals chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
So I didn't get round to rereading from scratch as I had hoped and of course I couldn't resist reading this now it is up :)

I loved your beautiful description of the yellow smoke, autumnal trees and the constantly regenerating greenery. I looked back in the story to remind myself that this regeneration is a post surge phenomenon and it makes me think of the Genesis Project in Star Trek! Someone has been experimenting? I am also curious as to what is causing the smoke, whether it from the storm itself, or some sort of cleansing/burning done by the raiders...? And what makes it yellow?

That was so clever to have Edward born in 1901, a surprisingly unexpected bit of canon. It was good to get more of his story...but not everything I am sure ;) He is holding himself back from Bella (until they are cooking the bacon) - is he waiting for her to realise (what I have guessed before) or worried she won't want to be stuck with another time traveller?

It seems as if Garrett has offered to change Jessica...but then why would she deny it?

My mum used to make Dandelion coffee just as you describe Bella doing. That's a nice memory:)

Thanks so much :) ... Oh and where is MY cupcake?
1,271 | « Prev Page 1 .. 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 .. Last Next »