Reviews for Beneath this Sky
moosals chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
So I didn't get round to rereading from scratch as I had hoped and of course I couldn't resist reading this now it is up :)

I loved your beautiful description of the yellow smoke, autumnal trees and the constantly regenerating greenery. I looked back in the story to remind myself that this regeneration is a post surge phenomenon and it makes me think of the Genesis Project in Star Trek! Someone has been experimenting? I am also curious as to what is causing the smoke, whether it from the storm itself, or some sort of cleansing/burning done by the raiders...? And what makes it yellow?

That was so clever to have Edward born in 1901, a surprisingly unexpected bit of canon. It was good to get more of his story...but not everything I am sure ;) He is holding himself back from Bella (until they are cooking the bacon) - is he waiting for her to realise (what I have guessed before) or worried she won't want to be stuck with another time traveller?

It seems as if Garrett has offered to change Jessica...but then why would she deny it?

My mum used to make Dandelion coffee just as you describe Bella doing. That's a nice memory:)

Thanks so much :) ... Oh and where is MY cupcake?
Missus T chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Did I tell you how sad I was at the last update that Edward was sick? I wasn't sure where you were going with him, and that...It freakin broke my heart. :( Then this week you tell me that it started when he was 9. 9? OMG poor kid! That's awaful for him to have to adapt in a totally new world! I'm so glad he found someone to help him!
I'm sooo glad that this update they (E/B) were able to find a little normalcy in the kitchen. I was hopeful for the two of them before he was sick, and now I'm desperate for the two of them to find a little bit of happiness together. LOL
OH Garrett - LMAO. I love that he kissed Jess and I'm totally curious if he's trying to change her mind about THAT - or what he could be talking about.
I loooooved that Emmett came back with "You first." :)
Thanks so much for the update!
NKubie chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Such and intricate tale. Every new chapter brings more layers. Like and onion, not an ogre. ;)

My heart aches for so many. For Jessica and her fate. I have to wonder if Garrett wants Jessica to be changed and Jessica doesn't want to. Did Bella ask Jessica if she wants that? Maybe that's what Garrett is trying to change her mind about.

I ache for Edward and his fate. And his parents in 1901 that suddenly lost their son.

I ache for Bella who cares about so many and feels so powerless to help them. And what that will mean for her and Edward. From the prologue, it doesn't look like they get a HEA. But maybe...I'll still keep the faith, as tenuous as it is.

And I may have said it before, but at the risk of repeating myself, I think this may be my favorite Jessica EVER! I adore her and her sense of humor, especially in the face of pain. Love her!

Thanks for another great update!
Alterite chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Loved the last line. Jessica is a ray of sunshine. I hopre she doesn't die!
Guest chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Six months?! I really hope they will do something...great update!
2muchtrouble chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Complications everywhere.
Cullenosopy chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
I did have to laugh out loud at Bella's suggestion to change the song. "Anal", too.

Thanks!
covenmama chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
I just don't even have the words to express how much I love this story! I have so many thoughts and a theory that's killing me! I'm not asking for any tips... Just chewing my nails , waiting for updates!:)
AnjieNet chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Hmmm. Wonder what Garrett was trying to change Jessica's mind about and if it had to do with changing her. It's nice that she can still keep her since of humor through it all.
CindyWindy chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Your Jessica steals the show with every chapter! She's so full of life. Bella's really wonderful with her constant care of everyone around her. Your Edward is as warm as they come with his mad cooking skills and his sweet touchy-feely-ness: a hug for Jessica, an arm around Bella.

The vamps must suspect that Bella knows what they are. I think she subconsciously acts differently around them, such as by not offering them coffee and sandwiches. Btw, the dandelion coffee is a great detail that things aren't what we'd consider normal.

"That was me trying to change her mind." Must ponder this. Being changed to a vamp is all I can come up with.

Your writing is full of vibrant imagery: "It was the yellow, antiseptic-smelling smoke that sometimes infiltrated the lab. Coiling over the withered grass and fallen trees, it looked like the atmosphere of an alien planet...It was as though the town had sat out in the sun too long—like some cruel child had grown bored of playing with it and had left it on the hot pavement to shrivel like a raisin."

Thanks so much for sharing this engrossing story!
Ness1956 chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Awesome chapter!
TessLouise chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
I love this Jessica - and I love being able to love her. She's usually such a snot in fic.
Amewse chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Found this story at The Lemonade Stand. The prologue is certainly intriguing! So well written, thank you.
kjghkf chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
oh Jess, I love you.

We can't escape the fact that Jess and Edward are time travellers and tragic reality that comes with it.

I found what Jake said to Bella completely understandable just as I found Bella's desperation and guilt heartbreaking. Really hope all the pack can finally see her one day again.

Hmm, honestly, up until now I wasn't the biggest rooter for Garrett and Jess but that kiss was kinda adorable.

As always, love your passion for this story, it truly shows in the writing.
blueeyes11354 chapter 9 . 11/25/2012
Time is running out. :( Quite an I possible choice, to die or become a murderer (at least in Jake's eyes).
1,272 | « Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 71 .. Last Next »