Reviews for Beneath this Sky
thimbles chapter 8 . 11/12/2012
Hi!

Thanks for the rec, that was sweet of you :)

- Still, she could hear the squeak of tennis shoes against wooden floors and the hollow thunk-thunk-thunk of a basketball being dribbled. Even though it was somewhat muddled by the dust and mothball scent of the room, the familiar odor of adolescent sweat and rubber wrestling mats floated in the air. - I love this; I can see and smell and hear everything. Perfectly done.

- Even during the happy songs, her clear, pitch-perfect voice kept a mournful tone, like she sang for something lost. - I was saying to Tam this afternoon, your Rosalie is one of my favourites ever.

- Rosalie rubbed the spot where her pinky used to be. The action reminded Bella of watching Charlie play poker, years ago. She used to keep track of all of the twitches and habits that her father insisted weren't tells. If he cleared his throat when he placed his bet, he was bluffing. If he scratched his chin, his cards were particularly good.

What were Rose's cards like? Good or bad? - Indeed.

- "Certainly," he said, his lips pressing together as he watched Bella. She got the feeling he was searching for something—something within her? Whatever it was, he didn't seem able to find it. - curious.

- Alistair could really help with our work. - Hmmmmmmmmm.

- "Hey," Edward said with a half-grin that fought to burst through the clouds of the night before. - I love this. Perfection.

- Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a cellophane-wrapped packet of something that looked to be mostly crumbs and held it out to her. "Cookie?"

A laugh escaped from Rosalie, stopped only by her hand clapping over her mouth. Edward had never looked more triumphant. - I just love this interaction.

- He squeezed her hand tight, like his fingers were determined to accept her solace and his pride had no say in the matter. - *sigh*

Fantastic chapter, as ever. I love this story so hard. Thank you for writing it!

Shell xx
Rochelle Allison chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
oh man. wasn't expecting edward to be afflicted by the disease too. this scene was so creepy and eerie, with the light bursting through the cracks in the boards...
kjghkf chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
Make me cry why don't you.
Sunshinemommy chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
Well, at least Edward didn't leave :( Can't say I was surprised that he's a time traveler, but I was hoping I was wrong. Poor Bella. Too many people to protect (not that she really can protect them :( ) I so hope neither Edward nor Jessica leaves. I will say, I like the idea of Jessica getting turned (if it comes to that.) I don't think I've read any fics with a vamp Jess.

Well done. You had me on the edge of my seat the whole chapter! I really like this storyline and these characters! It's unique and well written. Thank you for sharing it :)
Purradox chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
Oh man! Was not expecting that. That was a great update. Very talented!
littlelizruth chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
I really wonder where Edward is from. Crazy!
Twiggalina chapter 5 . 11/11/2012
I enjoyed his chapter!
Twiggalina chapter 4 . 11/11/2012
I have to be honest and say as much as I am enjoying this story I think I'm too thick to completely understand it.
Twiggalina chapter 3 . 11/11/2012
Great stuff!
Twiggalina chapter 2 . 11/11/2012
I really like this chapter!
Twiggalina chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I saw this story rec'd over on Eville and after reading such positive posts knew I had to start reading straight away.
I follow you on Twitter and for some reason thought you wrote stories that weren't I know different:)
I like this first chappy!
AbstractSong101 chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
So happy I'm getting a chance to read this tonight, I wasnt sure I would!

(also in my reviewing as I read thing, I have inadvertantly seen some of the end of the chapter and now I'm scared :( )

"Something tickled her too-bare leg: a finger, tracing a line from her ankle to her thigh" I shivered at this. I thought it was gonna be a spider haha.

"Embry wasn't even supposed to be there. He didn't go to Forks High" She doesnt even go here. SORRY. Couldnt resist a mean girls reference ;)

I was so annoyed at Embry to start off with in this bit... but... IDK, he just seems (understandably) scared. Obviously we dont know if this is a real conversation manifesting itself in a dream, but I'm assuming it is...

The parallels between Serge Memorial Day and Rememberence day today made me shiver. I dont know if it was intentional posting today, but... it makes it all a bit more "real"

I am definitely going to have to reread this chapter when I am less exhausted - to keep up with all the vampire stuff. I cant imagine how poor Bella is feeling!

"And one for Jessica, too, because I know she'd never forgive me if I left her out."
He's so stinkin cute. I love him.

"Sorry. Haven't seen it. Probably just as well, though. The last time you tried to calibrate the Canary, you..." His voice trailed off, a gulp punctuating his unfinished sentence as Rosalie's eyes narrowed. "I mean, uh. You did an excellent job and I have no criticism whatsoever, even if you did leave it sounding like a washing machine full of gravel. I'm sure it runs better that way." Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a cellophane-wrapped packet of something that looked to be mostly crumbs and held it out to her. "Cookie?"
I LOVE HIM.

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE.

Has it been adressed why the vamps cant (or wont) just change the time travellers (the ones they like, i mean ;) )? I can't remember.

Edward's free hand closed over Jessica's ankle—whether in an attempt to seek comfort or to offer it, Bella couldn't tell until he said, "Hey. I made you a cupcake."
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HIM.

I totally wondered what quangos had to do with quadratic formulas. Im glad it was nothing, it bothered me haha.

Also, this review is ridiculous. I apologise.

Loved the chapter (well... as much as I can love it when you hurt Edward AND Jessica!). Can't wait for the next one! Thank you :)
Guest chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
oh no!
FenixMJR chapter 8 . 11/11/2012
Jesus, ok, so a lot happened in this chapter, loved it and can’t wait for the next one
TessLouise chapter 8 . 11/11/2012