|Reviews for Beneath this Sky|
| mugglemom08 chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
I don't know how in the world I missed this when I have you on author alert, but I did. Not a clue as to what's going on, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
| sassy991 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Truly enjoyed this chapter. There were so many varying components to this update, it was like savoring a dish with different, wonderful bursts of flavor. Well done!
I've rarely said this about Rosalie in fanfics, but I absolutely adore her. You've really expanded on the vulnerability that lies within Rosalie, which was briefly done in the books but overshadowed by her cold, mean demeanor. You've made her your own character, one with real emotions and struggles, and it's absolutely beautiful to see her open up. The bonding her and Bella did at the end of the chapter, sharing the burden of their respective demons, shed new light on both characters and gave us a few answers. Now with an understanding of Bella's past, I'm curious as to see why Rose keeps Emmet at an arm's length. Could it have to do with the man who hurt her, whom she eventually killed? I look forward to finding out.
I also want to reiterate how much I love the friendship/relationship between Edward and Bella. Even though he only appeared at the beginning of the chapter, that scene between him and Bella stayed with me throughout.
Jessica, as always, was fantastic. The relationships you've created with not only the main characters but the supporting as well has truly given substance to an already unique storyline. I really feel for all the characters, ranging from Emmett to Bella. The best thing a writer can ever do is make a reader connect with his/her characters and you've done that wonderfully. I very much look forward to reading more of them!
| Capricorn75 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Oh, I love your Rosalie, and their girl time this chapter. Don't trust Tom at all, and I'm afraid that Bella may have overlooked something he found. Or maybe he planted something.
| 2muchtrouble chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
| songster chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
I love the by-play between Bella and Jessica and Bella and Rosalie. It's one of the few times that I've enjoyed either secondary character. I've never been a fan of Rosalie from source material and fic seems determined to make me hate her. LOL. It's refreshing to find a Rosalie that isn't the Amazonian bitch with the secret heart of 'protect my family' gold.
| whohellanoes chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
i have nothing interesting to say...just that i like reading this story. thanks so much.
| TessLouise chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
| blueXsun chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Gah! I love this so much! Tom has me a little suspicious... I'm gonna have to keep my eye on him :) I love how all the relationships are developing. Tucking Edward in and sharing with Rosalie. The embry story makes me sad :(
Thanks for writing! xoxo
| FenixMJR chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Should we worry about Tom? I really liked Jessica, Bella and Rosalie sleepover.
| blueeyes11354 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Amazing now sometimes people can change so drastically - from sweet little boy to crazy Raider. Everybody comes from somewhere I guess.
| evilnat chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Excellent. I liked the little bit of insight into rosalie. And I noticed that Edward doesn't seem to have a clue she's a vampire (I don't think anyway)
Great chapter, Jessica and bellas chemistry is great.
| AbstractSong101 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Yayyy I was so happy to see this this morning :)
"IOU: One birthday cupcake."
I love him. Love, love, love him.
Threesomes with Jessica, half naked Edward, you're killing me ;)
It's so sad to think that the "bad guys" were once kids. Is that weird? I dunno... Kids have so much potential and to see it all go wrong... I reckon that must be one of the most terrifying things as a parent/carer.
I loved Bella's bedtime story, and Edward's response hahaha. These guys are so sweet.
Tom... I dont know if I'm uneasy about him because Bella is, or if there is something about him!
I love Jessica. I know this is a constant chant. But i really, really do.
Oh Emmett :( I feel terrible for Rosalie, urgh. Bella's reaction was exactly the same as mine. Exacept I kinda wanted to punch him, too. Horrible feeling.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm how did Rose lose a finger?
Ahh Bella wanted to slap Emmett as well. I knew I could count on her ;)
Awww poor Bella :( Now we see why the wolves are so against her. But she kinda did the "right" thing.
Isaac! Oh bless, I'm glad some humanity remained in him, even if he is still a raider. I wonder if he is still one, and if his soft spot for Bella might come in handy in future. We can but hope!
"Well, sometimes I do want to kill him."
Ouch, Rose! Thinking before speaking isn't her strong point, hey?
Loved it. Loved the update. Can't wait til the next one, as always! Thank you :)
| thimbles chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
OH. Cute birthday not-cupcake is cute.
- Smiling and shaking her head, she touched his shoulder. He jerked awake, his eyes darting back and forth like a soldier's, searching for danger. When his gaze landed on her, he smiled, turning sleepy-sweet. -
Oh, intrigue me and make me swoony in one go, why dontchya?
- With that, Bella's mind whooshed back even further, traveling through the years and settling on the times she helped to babysit Angela's little brothers, Joshua and Isaac. Twin smiles and tiny voices shouting her name used to warm her whenever she entered the Webers' house. As soon as she left their room on the nights she watched them, the boys always crowded into one bed to whisper to each other until they couldn't keep their eyes open.
What were those boys doing now? Did Isaac still carry his father's Bible, twisting the words until they meant what he wanted them to mean? Did he still wear that red arm band, or had he become something closer to the sweet kid she'd once known? -
This is really just tragic. And so much truth.
- The curving of Bella's lips into an indulgent smile wiped away thoughts of the past, as if Edward made her brand new. -
OH MY HEART. YOU'RE GIVING ME THE SWOONS. Also, one is wondering if that will prove prophetic.
- As they passed through town, their progress was slowed by a protest outside City Hall. People holding home-painted signs clogged the street, shouting their dissatisfaction with the war. A few conspiracy theorists sat on the fringe of it. Bella doubted they were affiliated with the pacifist group; they probably just joined in when they saw the opportunity. Instead of messages calling for peace, their signs accused the government of causing the storms.
Storms were the new moon landing—the new JFK assassination. The fact that the government prohibited ordinary citizens from experimenting with temporal energy only added fuel to the fire of the tinfoil hat brigade. -
I love all these details. So much depth being drawn here.
- "Yep. So put the girls on a leash, would you?" -
Ha. My husband is half Papua New Guinean, in tok pisin, bra is literally "prison for breasts".
And hmmm, the whole suspicion thing must get utterly exhausting. Man, "constant vigilance!" (heh).
- She arrived just in time to see Emmett lead his human admirer into the kitchen, his big hand spanning the small of the woman's back. Bella's stomach dropped, like she'd been yanked back to 1989 to watch Renee leave Charlie. Without a word, Rosalie marched outside. -
Aww, love that Bella's tummy drops as Rose's would or couldn't or yeah.
- The movement drew Bella's attention to the missing pinky finger. There was no faking that. - Hmmmmm.
- So much for remaining neutral and not badmouthing the man—the friend—who had saved her life. -
- "I guess you already know a lot of my secrets."
Except the most important ones. -
SO MANY QUESTIONS.
- "I killed someone."
After so much time keeping them locked away, Bella thought letting the words loose into the world would feel something like relief. Wasn't confession supposed to be good for the soul? -
- That boy grew up to be a Raider, but Bella thought it was the ever-smiling kid she used to know who let her go. In spite of the man's red arm band, the kid had helped her to her feet and told her to run. -
Love the complexity here, shades of evil and good.
And the stuff with Emmett and Rosalie is really sad. Is it more than highschool-style stunts? I have curiosity.
I'm so utterly captivated by this story, I want wait to see it all unfold!
| Camilla10 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
Sorry, I tend to forget deatails. Who was him that Bella shot? Not jake, as they are using his blood. Then who?
| Seagull83 chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
I don't trust Tom, he definitely did something dodgy. Great chapter.