Reviews for Beneath this Sky
moosals chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
Thanks for the recap! I had to cave in last night and go to bed after chapter 5 :(
I read this chapter in two parts today, trying to fit around my family on a Saturday, but I was so captivated I couldn't wait until this evening.

You have put so many pieces of the puzzle in here and yet more questions arise!
Will the experiment on Jessica have any affect? Two vampires now on the human blood diet - who are they eating? What is stopping Rosalie from being with Emmett?

Your description of the public hanging with Bella and Edward being forced to watch is very chilling. The woman you describe sounds like Esme? Will there be consequences for Them cutting her down?

I am really impressed by your writing and looking forward to more. Thanks so much :)
FenixMJR chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
I hope Carlisle did managed to find a cure and that nothing bad is going to happen to Edward and Bella for taking care of the body of the woman at the market.
TLammy chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Totally hooked on the first chapter. Knew I would probably be since this was recommend on The Fictionators by someone I admire and who has never let me down with a rec. I actually read straight through yesterday... re-reading so I can leave reviews this time :)
Fictionators chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
The Fictionators - www dot fictionators dot com/ has featured your story on our site for the week of 10/12/2012.

Thanks, we really appreciate your contribution to the fandom :)

Songster for The Fictionators
blueXsun chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
hmm, it would seem that edward doesn't know about vampires. very interesting. nice try with the cupcake bribe though. :) i'm hoping at some point he does double dog dare emmett to wear the tutu. lol. i'm really liking this so far. :)
blueXsun chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
oohh edward is human. or maybe time traveled before he became a vamp? anyway, very intrigued :) lots of interesting things going on. loved bella & jake's interaction and that jessica is a likeable character. curious to know who the new vampires are and why human edward is with them.
Seagull83 chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
Great chapter. Really enjoying this fic.
songster chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
I remain entranced with this. Thank you for the synopsis as reading a complicated plot like this can be difficult with an old brain and space between updates. :-)
ibleedscarletandgray chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
Wow. Very intense chapter. I really hope they start to make some progress in their research. It's getting crazy out there!

Thanks for the update!
thimbles chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
I'm so excited to have you back!

- Carlisle turned to her, a curious smile on his face. His eyes remained a clear gold, free of any traces of temptation.

She'd never met anyone—vampire or human—who possessed such restraint. -

I'm wondering if Carlisle is prologue vamp-man. Restraint. Hmm.

- His eyes were still brown, like Mary's. They had been ever since the day after the alley. - naughty Jasper.

- They flung words at each other like they were something tangible—something sharp enough to slice through their hard skin. - gorgeous wording.

- "It means you've been fighting this since we met, and maybe you just won. Congrats. Fate or instinct or whatever might want us together, but I don't. Not anymore. I'm tired of tiptoeing and trying not to pressure you and fucking waiting for years on end. I give up." A thready imitation of his usual hearty laugh passed through his lips. "Jesus. You actually managed to wear me out." - Do vampires imprint or something similar? Some kind of pairing/mating instinct? Does it extend beyond vampire-vampire? So, Garrett and Jess- is that instinctive on Garrett's part, or just "normal" attraction?

- One of her hands pressed over her heart, as if trying to patch a hole there. - She leans into Bella's embrace. Is this more than frustration, then? Rose does care for Emmett? I'm so curious, Rose has history with Carlisle, but Emmett has been around for a long time, too. Intriguing.

- One scratch on her will also get you deep fried. - Aww, protective Rosalie.

- She could've done this herself, instead of asking me to be her errand boy. - Hmm, who knows about vampires? Bella knows - through her association with the wolves? Does Edward know, or are they both being coy, not knowing who knows?

- Somehow, it was easier to use Jessica as a buffer between herself and the rest of the world: a giggly, smart-mouthed filter. - Aww. Love this.

- On a platform above the crowd, a wooden beam formed a frame with two posts, like a stage waiting for its marionettes. - ghastly, yet beautifully written.

The red armbands designate the raiders?

- condemned woman had a tangle of caramel colored hair and eyes that seemed half-dead already - Esme? Wondering if the half-dead eyes goes beyond the threat of her imminent death?

- suffering like Sam did - Is it Sam's death that Bella thinks the others believe her to be responsible for?

- As the executioner slipped the noose over the woman's head, Bella caught a glimpse of red, bull's-eye shaped sores on the stripe of skin where the executioner's hood ended and her black cloak began. Something ugly within Bella ached to see the executioner strung up for the accused woman's supposed crimes. Raiders always seemed to be exempt from their own rules. It was forever someone else's fault—someone who tricked them in some way and dragged them through time. - Like any regime of evil, the rules never apply if you have sufficient power.

- "I'm going to cut her down, if I can." - I love his compassion, here.

Such a macabre, grisly chapter, though beautifully written.

Do all time travelers develop MBS? (Have I asked that previously?) Are Edward's tattoos strategic, say, for disguising marks that develop on his skin?

Great chapter - thanks for writing!

Shell xx
Capricorn75 chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
This hurt my heart to read. Scary how things like the witch hunts that happened before could truly happen again.
blueXsun chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Ooohh this is looking good :)
kjghkf chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
You know, there's sadness in every chapter but this one kinda broke me. This story is subtle, but realistic in its own little way, that when you show the horrific things that happen and let us glimpse upon things that have... I get a lump in my throat.

Everything is shrouded in mystery and this feeling that something is going to happen any minute, I think your writing and your development of plot and characters throughout has been done very cleverly. As always, I wish there was more, I honestly cannot stop devouring each word and then by the time I realise I've come to the end, I'm a like a huffing baby.
insanemum chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
Well - that was pretty gruesome! Man's inhumanity to man (or in this case, woman) and all that :(
enka3 chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
I guess that was Esme...great update!
1,259 | « Prev Page 1 .. 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 .. Last Next »