Reviews for Beneath this Sky
CindyWindy chapter 5 . 10/12/2012
Terrific job describing how it feels to be under Jasper's thrall! That was chilling. If dear Emmett hadn't come along, Jasper would've had her. I don't think Jasper meant to do it though; he seems to lack control.

It doesn't seem like Edward knows he works with vamps? He didn't know to not chop with vamp Mary around (who wants to learn to cook but is intruding on ExB's cutesy couple therapy time...argh!).

Were Bella and Embry an item, like together-together? She was present when he died but was it truly her fault as those blockhead wolves assume?

The entire first paragraph about "friendly giants: soldiers in suits of moss" is gorgeous. You've written many striking words and phrases that I read and read again.

What an outstanding story! I can't get over how fond I am of so many of your characters: Jessica, Rosalie, Emmett, Edward, Bella, and even Garrett and Jake! Thanks for sharing them with us!
meg chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
great last line, thankyou meg
jfk06 chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
I found this story from a rec - and wow. It's amazing! I can't wait to see where things go :-)
NKubie chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
Okay, so the E- that Jake was talking about was Embry. We know that Bella had hooked up with at least one of the wolves at some point, so I'm thinking it was Embry.

I love this Jessica too. A far cry from some of the others I've read. She's funny and kind and sassy. I like her and my heart hurts for her and her plight.

I'm shocked that Edward doesn't know that the vamps are vamps, though. After having worked with so many of them, you'd think he'd have figured it out by now.

And what was the deal with Jasper? Bella hadn't even gotten a paper cut. LOL
NKubie chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
I forgot to mention that I think Satan’s Dildo is awesome! Thank you, Emmett. :)

Okay, so trying to tie the prologue together with this timeline, I'm wondering if Edward and Bella fall in love, something happens and Edward becomes a vamp or else he would die and maybe Bella does. Then with his knowledge of time travel, Edward finds a way to go back in time to be with Bella and prevent her death, but unintentionally creates the Surge that starts the whole ball rolling. Wow, those were some crazy long sentences. Sorry, but typing stream of consciousness right now. You don't have to tell me if I'm right or not, just theorizing.

I think she knew Edward as a vamp as Jake stared to say E- and then she cut him off. But then why wouldn't she know human Edward. Or maybe she knows that she's supposed to know him. I'm giving myself a headache here. I'm glad there's only one more chapter as I should have gone to sleep like an hour ago and I'm killing myself with theories.
NKubie chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
I like this human Edward. Much less uptight than canon Edward. And he bakes. Doesn't get much better than that. And he's already making the moves on Bella. Yum. :)

I love the rapport with Jessica and Bella. Marem? Love it!

So I looked up Pendle Hill and came up with Pendle Hill witches. Sounded similar to the Salem witch hysteria (I actually did a paper on that in junior high). Anyway, these "Raiders" don't seem unlike the accusers of the witches in both the Pendle Hill and Salem trials. Interesting similarities.
NKubie chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Human? I am so confused here, but I'm guessing that I should be.

I want to say that the male vamp that Rosalie is hugging is Carlisle and Garrett is hugging Kate, but right now, that's all just shots in the dark.

The Surge. I want to know what that's about and why it's causing random time travel. I'm sure I will in time, though.

So Rose lost a finger and Emmett lost an eye. I wonder if that happened in the Surge. And what happened to the other vamps. An interesting trio that you've chosen.
NKubie chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Katinki's review on the Fictionators was just too intriguing not to check this out. I'm a big sci fi lover, I just couldn't resist.

I'm thinking this is Bella and Edward, but I have no idea what he could have done single-handedly to destroy the world.

And still such restraint.
Daphodill chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Wow, truly sucked me in. A lot was revealed yet left me wanting more.
Daphodill chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Read a review of this story on the fictionators website, it was so complelling. I just had to get over here and start reading. This prologue has piqued my curiosity. I don't know if I can keep reading though. Maybe I'll wait until there are more chapters, because I just know I'm gonna drive myself nuts waiting for updates.

Who am I kidding...I'm about to hit the next button and read every word tonight.
CindyWindy chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
What an amazing plot! I'm picturing this as a big screen film. Love it!

"He smiled like he knew all of her secrets." Your Jacob seems like a good guy but your Edward...aww, love him so far!
allthingsHHH chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Well, I'm intrigued. Looking forward to uncovering the mystery of the prologue.
CindyWindy chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
I love your story so much!

Bella and Jessica's relationship is really warm and wonderful. Their concern and care for each other is heartwarming.

Little details like these make the world you've created come alive: "clumpy, ancient mascara and homemade lip balm".

Your Edward is incredibly charming and appealing. Just so sweet and kind. Rather irresistible. He can even cook!
beachcomberlc chapter 5 . 10/10/2012
I still have many more questions than answers. You are releasing information very, very slowly.

Well done!

Beach
katinki chapter 5 . 10/10/2012
ugh ffn is a pain with links. the rec is at fictionators DOT com under oct 10's wednesdays with teeth column :)
1,266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 82 .. Last Next »