Reviews for Beneath this Sky
BelieveItOrNot chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
"I would've woken you sooner, but I thought it was the good kind of whimpering at first." -lol! I want a friend like Jessica.

"she wasn't sure he was breathing at all until he opened his mouth like he was tasting the air and turned to her with a sly grin." - this is so perfectly creepy

"Something foreign tingled over her scalp and trickled down her spine. Suddenly, she felt light and airy. A laugh sneaked through her lips, though she couldn't say what was so funny. Everything was right in the world. The alley was charming. Broken glass may as well have been gemstones, given the way it glimmered. The shadows lurking in corners were cozy. A walk sounded like the best idea ever. She couldn't sit still―couldn't contain the euphoria that pulsed through her like an orgasm." - And this, I love the build up of this from the physical feelings to emotions, to the visuals of the alley, to the emotions again, and then back to physical feelings. Very nicely written - the cycle of Jasper's gift.

Still loving the Garrett/Jessica dynamic. Him washing her hair? So sweet. :') He won't let anything happen to her! Right? What if he changes her?

Why do I get the feeling that Edward knows a lot more than he lets on?

"Rosalie smoothed Bella's flyaway hair, her touch as gentle as any mother's." - this, Rosalie's touch being as gentle as any mother's tells me that her father isn't the only parent Bella is missing. And Jessica's sisterly comforting of Bella in the beginning, Bella moving Jess's hand over her forehead again once she stops - Bella is strong and tough because she has to be, but I think she longs for comfort and familial feelings.

I'm so glad Emmett saved her from Jasper! I don't think that's the last we'll see of his threatening self, though.

Sorry if this review is incoherent. It's late and I'm sleepy, but I wanted to read this before bed!

Thanks for writing. :D
blueeyes11354 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Little reminder in Jasper of how dangerous this world is, yet Bella seems rather unphased. Just par for the course I guess. Or she's saving all her concern for Jessica.
kld2284 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
This story is great so far, but I am so confused as to what happened. I am going to continue reading just to find out :) can't wait for more!
sassy991 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Lovely chapter. You're writing is so descriptive and moving, as well as your characters. Thank you for that.
It's saddening to read Jessica's condition worsen. It's inevitable, but devastating nonetheless. She's such a vital part to Bella's character and the makeshift family of vampires, I can't imagine what'll happen if she passes. :( I was pleased to see her have a moment of happiness with Garrett though. She deserves nothing less!
I can't believe Jasper attempted to eat/seduce Bella! He must not know who he's dealing with. Thankfully, Emmett was there to protect her. I've really grown to love and appreciate everything Em and Rose have done for Bella and Jess. They truly care for them and it's nice to see that, especially when their world is so tragic.
Love the feel of Edward and Bella. It's subtle but warm and sincere. They're great overall. :)
On a less optimistic note, we now have an idea of why the relationship with Bella and the wolves is the way it is. They most likely blame Bella for Embry's death but we still don't know why. Bella obviously still harbors regret/or guilt over his passing so hopefully we'll find out what led up to that death.
Now a storm is brewing. I'm kind of excited to read how you will write that particular scene (brilliantly, I have no doubt). I've also got a foreboding feeling about it as well. I suppose we'll see next chapter.
I hope you have a wonderful trip!
AwesomeSauce76 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
I am really loving this so much. I'm bummed that I have to wait til October for more, but I'm looking forward to it!
The Oldest One chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Great subjective description of Jasper's ability. If I see the phrase "wave of calm" one more time ...
AwesomeSauce76 chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
I am really loving this so far. I never think to search out AU stories normally, but when they are as well written and developed as this one is, I always seem to get sucked int quickly. Keep up the great work!
Hats.96 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
So...this is quite confusing but I've just got to not keep getting it muddled with stephanie meyer's work :L it's really really good and your writing is amazing (as usual)! I'm loving how Bella's relationships with people are coming out - with Emmett being all protective and Jessica...well I bloody hope she gets changed and doesn't die! I will cry buckets if you do that! I'm so eager for the next chapter, want to know everything that's happened to Bella...and when the vamps find out she knows! Hope to hear from you soon :D
TessLouise chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Love this - and this is the BEST fic Jessica ever!
Seagull83 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Love how intriguing this fic is.
AbstractSong101 chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
I feel like I say this every review. But I LOVE Jessica. Like adore her. Every time I read something she says I have a huge grin on my face, she's amazing, and hilarious. Especially considering what she is going through.

The Embry thing is intriguing me.

I loved the description of Charlie sneaking food at Thanksgiving. Funny, and a good tip ;)

The B/E interactions are sweet :)

Oh lord, the Edward/Rosalie argument made me laugh.

The blood thing, like the mention of it with Rosalie, and before with not letting Edward chop things. Should I know what that is about, completely? I need to write a cheat sheet so I can remember this stuff!

"He can suck it. I'm not disappearing anywhere without a toilet."
CAN I MARRY HER? Please?

And now Jessica with the blood thing. Hmmmmmmm.

This Jasper thing is... what on earth is going on? Im so confused!

Edward and the cupcake for Jessica. Can you swoon if you're sitting down? Pretty sure I just did.

Awww Bella and her baby thoughts. I am assuming it was Embry that she was considering having a baby with.

The Rosalie and Bella interaction at the end was sweet, too!

LOVED IT. I am still hugely confused by everything, I think that is a running theme for me tbh, but I do adore this story.

thimbles chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
- Jessica's fingers combed through Bella's hair: a whisper condensed into a touch. - BEAUTIFUL.

- "I know you don't, but you have to. I'm not... My odds aren't good, okay?" She threw the words at Bella as if she was angry―angry at Bella, angry at the world. - :'( Poor Jess. She's such a sweetheart, but doomed.

- Woman, you should be happy I love you enough to come back and scare the crap out of you. You should get all weepy and say something about me always being with you. - Hahahaha. Cute.

- She's abnormal - Is Rose abnormal 'cos she's a vegetarian vamp and Mary isn't?

- Bella looked askance at the dessert. "Are you trying to bribe me now?"

"No bribe. I'm not trying to get anything out of you. It's just a gift."

He smiled. Unsure of whether to accept it, Bella tapped her bitten-to-the-quick fingernails against the counter. As far as she could tell, he was being truthful when he claimed he didn't want anything in return. Because he seemed genuine, she took the plate.

And she smiled back. - Trust is a hard thing to come by in this world, yes?

Random Question - is Margaret Brown Syndrome contagious, genetic, or completely arbitrary?

- When a gust of wind whipped through her hair, his breaths grew shallow―so shallow, she wasn't sure he was breathing at all until he opened his mouth like he was tasting the air and turned to her with a sly grin. - creepy Jasper. Eeeeee.

- Jasper's eyes went wide, as if he was just waking up. - Hmm, so his reaction to Bella was instinctive, involuntary?

Hmm ... more questions. Is Alice a vampire? Can vampires get MBS? Or are there ways they have developed of trying to time-travel deliberately?

- As Bella checked Jessica's lesions, she wondered if the gnawing worry in her belly was even a fraction of how it felt to raise a child. She couldn't imagine watching her heart live in someone else's chest―someone tiny and vulnerable who barely stood a chance in this world. Someone who would need her in ways not even Jessica did―would need her to shape him or her into a good person. Some of the best parents she knew had ended up with children who grew into Raiders.

Terrifying. She never wanted that. Never. She'd been crazy to even consider having a baby. -

gsdfgblwhnfkjsBV kae gbt! What?! Was she trying to conceive? With whom?

Bella's care for Jessica is heart-touching.

- Rosalie smoothed Bella's flyaway hair, her touch as gentle as any mother's. "You're welcome." - awwww, Rosalie has a soft side. How lovely :)

Great chapter, love!

Again, so many questions, so much intrigue!

Wonderful.

Shell x
2muchtrouble chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Close call with Jasper.
evilnat chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
Wow, jasper surprised me there. Lucky Emmett was around.

Edward is cute with his baking. I think it's a great connection between him and Bella.

I love rose. She's very sweet and protective. I think they all feel sorry for bella, in a way.

Thanks for the update! Have a great trip!
Xx
fuz chapter 5 . 9/16/2012
I feel all the love floating around her, despite the tough life.
I very much appreciate that you post a date for the next update.
Thank you.