Reviews for Killer Pawn
TexasDreamer01 chapter 6 . 2/15/2014
Bahahaha. Great story!
Lightsbane1905 chapter 6 . 6/3/2013
Your killing me with humor, please update soon
WrishWrosh chapter 6 . 5/23/2013
This story is so creative! I love the integration of technology (Ty Lee as an actress-perfect). Sokka's characterization is spot on as well.
Soulhope The Wolf chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
Nice story hope for more. We going to see blue fire girl as leader of...something
Fireborn101 chapter 6 . 2/28/2013
Are you going to continue this?
dandeliondreams chapter 5 . 11/25/2012
... I love your sense of humor :)
A Goat chapter 6 . 9/18/2012
Really enjoying the story so far. You do the banter between Mai, Sokka and now Ty Lee so well. 'Ty Lee's furious chipmunk-wasp death glares' so funny among many other things.
I hope you continue.
Keala Mensha Khaine chapter 6 . 9/14/2012
You made Photo Finish in Avatar.

Glorious.
J. Idanian chapter 6 . 9/10/2012
Granted, it took a while, but I have finally gotten around to looking at stories again, and I like this one a lot. One thing that particularly sticks out is the effective use of sparse detail to let the readers figure out the implications themselves without cluttering up the story. I know I have a lot of trouble trying to do that so it's quite something to see it done well in this work. As far as the story itself goes, I'm also a fan of alternate history stories done well, and I've no complaints here. So far as I can tell, things have worked out fairly logically. Without the timing of Sozin's Comet at the start of the war, the Fire Nation would have been hard pressed to win a fight against the rest of the world, and even when it did come along, all the armies were already committed and prepared for it, so it only delayed the inevitable.

Having watched the Legend of Korra, I'm guessing that 's about the technology level going on here, and I do get a kick out of seeing the old gang in that era. So far their characterization makes a lot of sense given their environment. I wouldn't mind seeing what Azula is doing these days. I wish I was better at reviewing things, but I guess the main point is that I like the story and I wouldn't mind seeing it continue.
Maran Zelde chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
I appreciate that this fanfic doesn't spell everything out, even though it makes the politics difficult to follow. So far I've worked out that Roku stood back and let Sozin start the war with the Earth Kingdom. As a result, the Fire Nation never saw the Avatar as a threat, so they never wiped out the Air Nomads or raided the Water Tribes. The Fire Nation wasn't happy with Sozin, so they became a Constitional Monarchy. They also surrendered land to the Earth Kingdom, but the Earth Kingdom Colonies are now ruled by their own Sovereign. Now the Fire Nation wants to get at least some of its land back. Both the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom are trying to sweet talk Aang; however, someone - I have no idea who - doesn't want their summit to go well.

I still can't figure out why Aang froze himself in an iceberg in this AU. Hopefully we'll get a clue at some point.

What IS Sokka wearing? If he's in drag, it's going to make any romance awkward.
Ecomadness chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
Really love this story hope u update soon.
Malevolent Dark Reflection chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
Zhao as an actor? You made it very believable in this strange world. Of course Ty Lee would be as well. Her interactions with Mai and Ty Lee were hilarious. Mai dressed for a funeral seems to be in her character. As for Sokka, it remains to be seen. Update soon!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/17/2012
So Mai is now dressed in something revealing; that should make Sokka look at her in a new light. So what's Sokka dressed in now? ...Or should I say dressed -as- now? Even if he'd been able to blend into crowds before, his Water Tribe looks are pretty distinctive, and someone actually -looking- for a young Water Tribe man would find him right away. However, if all they see is a young Water Tribe woman... ;-)
Loopy777 chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
Wow, I was kind of sort of really off in terms of guessing Ty Lee's place in this world. I guess I was thrown off by the idea of "the Ty Lees of the world bleeding out on hundreds of beaches across the archipelago," but at least I got the later hint that she had acting skills, even if I thought she might be a spy. Still, it makes sense given her elite childhood that she could parlay her looks and personality into an acting career. Another generation down the line, she might be a teen pop sensation. Her little joke that even in this AU, she has no interest in her old homelife, was interesting. Goes to show how she and Mai still managed to be friends.

Zhao making good use of his flair for the dramatic was pretty funny, too. I bet he has a daughter Ty Lee's age, now. Is Daoyan's name a pun or reference I'm missing? I'm not up on Entertainment history.

Nice set up for some Maikka shenanigans, or faux-Maikka shenanigans, by forcing Sokka to retract his earlier dismissal of Mai's looks and then "tarting" her up. I haven't seen any clues about what men in the colonies wear, so I have no clue what to expect from Sokka. Given the couple of pokes at M Nighty's little movie, I'm almost dreading a skin-bleaching, but that might have unfortunate implications if Mai gets hot and bothered by it. Since Sokka didn't find Kori's midriff too distracting, I don't think he'll be falling all over Mai's new disguise, but given that he isn't into the goth look, it's a good first step.

I'm not sure what my quick favorite joke is- Mai just paying off the security guard, or Lu Ten being Prince Charles. Still, this whole chapter pretty much had me grinning. Fun stuff.
skywiseskychan chapter 5 . 8/14/2012
This is an imaginative and amusing retelling of the tale. I do like how you have managed to set it up for Mai and Sokka to be the 'trusted' pair. I'm not sure where you are going yet but keep it up, and I love the subtle technology mentions that are helping me see the world.