Reviews for Life Without Powers
Mrs-N-Uzumaki chapter 8 . 1/8
You have yourself a rather strong plot-line going on here and you manage to easily keep the story moving forward in an engaging way. There are also a lot elements that ties with canon!wowp, so well done for that. The whole brother-fued and Alex being in the middle brought really good tension in the story. You know your drama!
Your Justin is well-written too, as always his arrogance precedes him. And don't worry about the whole "Alex is the most powerful of her generation" claim, WoWP had a habit of giving Alex everything "just because" and I never felt that she earned a lot of it. It makes more sense for Justin to be the more powerful wizard of the family despite his tendency to be jealous, petty and extremely cocky. But hey, his attitude makes him human.
I love how you gave Max more focus. He was always my favourite and I think it was unfair that his character didn't get much attention or development. He was always portrayed as the dim-witted one who was brushed aside by his family and barely felt anything about anything (mostly in the later seasons). So we never knew what was really going on in his mind, with the exception of a few glimpses where he was shown to be filled with good business ideas and rather insightful. Please, definitely continue with your ideas about Max!
Finally, you have an EXCELLENT sense of punctuation with dialogue and there are hardly any grammatical and spelling mistakes. I'm giving you a slow clap for that. Your beta-reader, if you have one, deserves a pat in the back!

Couple of other things:
- Magic spelt backwards is actually cigam, not cigma.
- I'm not a fan of first person POV. Personally, I find it a little amateurish and the constant jump from one person to another tends to get a little confusing, but you do whatever you like! And the fact that you got me enjoying this story speaks volumes about your writing potential.
- If people wonder about things in the story they will actually take the time to read the AN for an explanation. So try to avoid leaving your author's notes in the middle of your story, because it breaks the magic...so to speak haha.
- Are the parents going to make an appearance? I'd love to read their reactions.
- Max whump ftw! Just felt the need to add that :P

Anyway, I know it's been years now and you're probably not gonna come back, but I enjoyed all 8 chapters regardless :)
Guest chapter 6 . 8/19/2016
Ummm, how dumb do you have to be to not know what the kidney is?
Sunshine-Midnight123 chapter 8 . 4/26/2014
Great!
menglian1408 chapter 8 . 8/20/2013
please update soon
Lacto3.1415 chapter 8 . 3/30/2013
I liked the secrefairy and Cigma pills! They made my day.

I don't think you made Gus sound sketchy enough. ;)

I don't know why people wouldn't read the end AN. It's my favorite part!

:D

Poor Max. And Talia.

Good chapter though.
BTRE3lover chapter 8 . 3/16/2013
But didn't the Alex vs Alex special state that Alex is the strongest wizard of her generation? Or in your story is Justin? Also is Max legal age to be living by himself, and I don't think his parents would leave him alone, let alone run the sub station, and expect him to be able to take care of himself.
Tj chapter 8 . 3/16/2013
Awesome chapter i really like your stories! Just one thing can u upload them quicker the suspense is killing me
DalishWarrior chapter 8 . 3/13/2013
Mac is definitly in hot water and wouldnt magic backwards be Cigam not Cigma LOL
DalishWarrior chapter 7 . 3/13/2013
not sure for Max i think its the Cuchoy girl who owns the yacht. I thinking Juliet is calling Alex to ask what happened in the fight
DalishWarrior chapter 5 . 3/13/2013
Not sure of the sides but its getting good now LOL
DalishWarrior chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I like the beginning with Alex remembering all the memories she had in the sub-shop
DalishWarrior chapter 4 . 3/13/2013
I wonder what is wrong with Max
DalishWarrior chapter 3 . 3/13/2013
not sure Justin is right though Max never did understand magic just like their Uncle Kelbo never unstood magic either.
DalishWarrior chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
The tornado from the first competition between Alex and Justin
Clearwater21 chapter 8 . 3/12/2013
Please please please update soon and Male it a long chapter. This is really good I can't wait to see how the russos react to finding out about max being on drugs