Reviews for Saturn
Hyena-Sennin chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
I spotted another historical reference: The concentration camps were also called euphemistically "protective custody". Good story about how the revolution devours its children.
Filigranka chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
"It will be a lovely trial," oh, it will be. I love Luna gallows humour. She somewhat broken and yet not broken and she, which is very canonical, knows very, very much and has deeply understanding of the world, even if she speaks in riddles.

Your interest in Soviet Union clearly shows in that piece. It's very... true? realistic? accurate fic.

The trap is closing from the first paragraph and reader knows; Draco is just trying to convince himself he doesn't. Brilliantly claustrophobic feeling/composition you created.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Vera Rosalsky put me on to this one, and she's never been wrong yet. This was a magnificent story.

The whole basis of a dictatorship was so well described and the sheer idiocy of their actions, where only the party line matters, was so chilling.

Luna was brilliantly written, that Ravenclaw mind still working, and what a way to fight a war of attrition. Voldemort as the best DE killer in the business would be funny if it hadn't happened so many times for real.
mondaytrain chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Very chilling and horrific. A realistic turnout of a future with Voldemort as the leader. I had to reread Luna's lines to realize that all of this could have been avoided if Draco had kept quiet during Harry's captivity. Ironic that he dies in the hands of the side he has served for and it parallels to the slow demise of "New" Britain because of themselves. Great read, I literally shuddered at the end.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I couldn’t feel any sympathy for any of the Malfoys in the book and I can’t feel any for them in this story. They willingly and enthusiastically became terrorists and loved it when they were in Voldemort’s good graces. As for the horror aspect well we all knew a place ruled by Voldemort wouldn’t be pleasant but at least it seems that it’s collapsing in on itself well before the rest of the world would get conquered.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
What gives this fiction its freight of horror: not only the pacing (oh gods, the pacing) but the cold leering skull-face of historical fact behind the fantastical mask. And Draco was absolutely the right viewpoint character. At any point he could have turned back-

-and it wasn't until the very last that I realized the hinge-point: this Draco betrayed Harry at the Manor; the one we know didn't. A matter of a few syllables, something mumbled, and the story changes completely.

Excellent work.
HappyCthulhu chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Wow. This was great.
The Dain chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Tom Riddle's followers really cannot pretend that they didn't see this coming. It's not as if the 'Dark Lord' was subtle about the kind of world he was going to create. The books portayed him in such a cartoonish, over-the-top evil way that it's anyone's guess how he managed to attract any followers at all.

You did a nice, fascinating, Orwellian examination of the HP verse. I very much liked your portayal of the terror state Voldemort created and your answer for how to solve the dilemma between Riddle's own blood status and the pureblood agenda he pretended to champion is definitely most fitting. Stories which manage to make a good case about Riddle's goals are very rare.

I felt sad for Luna, Hermione and all the other good guys, though.
tenchifew chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
A very probable possible future.
A variant of Stalin's reign.
Thank you for sharing.
Darth Marrs chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
A very Orwellian view of the Dark Lord's reign, and likely all the more likely for it. Nicely done.
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
This would be just about inevitable if Tom had won.

In the final analysis, Tom Riddle would and did use up and destroy/discard everyone, especially those that served him.

He named his servants Death eaters-the name *alone* should have warned them.
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Wow, quite an amazing piece!
Aealket chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Oh My Goodness. How very very sad! Still, well done.

Alan
KenF chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Horrifying. Well written, but horrifying.
Confer chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Chilling and well written.