Reviews for At a Distance
killie 64 chapter 9 . 2/18
Never doubted that Jane would find her! She is a detective after all! Oh yeah, and she loves Maura. She'd never just leave it go after getting the note and the talk with Dr Peterson. She'd search the ends of the earth to find her. Thanks for sharing your story, lovin' it! Cheers.
killie 64 chapter 3 . 2/18
I love a ff that teases. Not overly fond of one's that reveal things too early. This one has me intrigued. Could it have something to do with Doyle? Hope? Constance? Her feeling for Jane? Maybe some guy has something over her and she is trying to figure it out on her own!? Or maybe I am totally off! Looking forward to finding out!
cissie chapter 36 . 11/22/2013
Loved this story. If it had to happen that Jane and Maura became more than "just friends" I have to say, you have made those scenes with great taste..not too graphic and yet I could feel the love.
Thank you for keeping the cursing and bedroom scenes to a minimum. Your wording described the pictures to a "T"...
Looking forward to the next story!
cissie chapter 20 . 11/22/2013
I personaly am happy with the way you are handling the Jane & Maura relationship. It's best if their friendship is what keeps them both on track to deal with this mess without distraction. They are being best friends and supporting each other and learning more and more about each other as they take this journey...Very good story so far!
cissie chapter 18 . 11/22/2013
I'm from St Louis but I have visited New York a few times. It is so exciting and interesting. Of course, I love the lights and time square but what I find the most fascinating is that one minute you will have thousands of people wandering around, 5 & 6 deep on the sidewalks and then in a few hours you almost feel like you are all alone. You have the rich, the poor, the well fed, the starving,etc all mixed in one...some friendly some not. Constant motion or nothing seems to be moving at all. I love visiting there. Grand Central is really grand and that library is huge. Our library here in St Louis is rather interesting also. I love all the older buildings.
cissie chapter 13 . 11/21/2013
Poor Maura, when everything is laid out from beginning to end, she has had a pretty crappy life until the Rizzoli's took her under their wing.
I like her just a little bit more now but I have a feeling when she works all thru this, she will once again become the bossy, naggy, pouty thing she was before. I hate the way she manipulates Jane but I get just as aggravated with Jane when she lets her.
I still really like them as friends but not as lovers...their romance seems to put them both in unnecessary danger at times. Jane loses all focus and Maura just butts in and makes a dangerous situation more dangerous at times because of their feelings.
I do like the way you have painted the picture about what has been on Maura's mind...very good story so far!
cissie chapter 8 . 11/21/2013
i do feel bad for Maura..I come from a very loving family and cant imagine what it would be like if my family ever asked to stay away.
I think Maura should have just latched on harder to the Rizzoli's at this time instead of leaving them.
I am anxious to see how you solve this.
Cissie chapter 4 . 11/21/2013
Wow, Maura hounds Jane to death until she talks and now Maura is being secretive and wont give in to Jane's inquiries.
Maura is not my favorite person anyway and she isnt always fair to Jane. I cant believe she is avoiding Angela like that.
I hope Im going to like where you are going with this story..I feel so bad for Jane...she worries so over Maura. (not to keen on that but Jane is so sincere).
plumbago62 chapter 9 . 10/30/2013
Go Jane. She's not a detective for nothing.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 36 . 9/24/2013
Simple but effective, I’ll give you that.
It might have taken a while to establish what was up with Maura, but the subsequent exploration of her emotional state was very well-handled, leading neatly in to the moments that she spends with Jane before their relationship undergoes its sudden-yet-inevitable change.
Admittedly, I’m a bit uncertain about the formality of the speech patterns of a few characters at times- Constance in particular didn’t sound as realistic as she could have been at times-, but I definitely liked how you made it clear that Jane and Maura’s feelings for each other were something they’d only just recognised rather than something they’d been aware of and denying in the past; Jane’s thoughts about why she feels that way about Maura in particular were also very well-expressed, acknowledging her past relationships while making it clear why things will work with Maura while things failed with her former partners.
All in all despite a couple of moments where the speech patterns felt overly formal for my taste, in general you have an excellent plot that really captures how their relationship might take this crucial step; nice job.
mholder chapter 36 . 9/8/2013
excellent!
Guest chapter 36 . 8/3/2013
Wow, just wow. This was a great story, so well written and captivating. I couldn't stop reading it! Can't wait to read more from you.
jet911 chapter 36 . 7/5/2013
Loved it
Yuri-hime chapter 36 . 4/26/2013
Really great story all around. Thanks a bunch for writing and sharing :)
Yuri-hime chapter 35 . 4/26/2013