Reviews for The Rise of Overlord Vulcan!
TheTrickster96 chapter 19 . 3/26
Character submission
Name: Nicky Westbourne
Age: 19
Appearance: 5 ft 11" tall with a athletic build. Shoulder-length dark brown hair with white streaks. Pale white skin colour with no scars or marks. Bright blue eyes and also wears glasses with a casual beard to match the hair.
History: Born into an British-Irish family with two sisters, one older and the other a twin sister. Older sister is called Elizabeth and the twin sister is named Natalie. Brought up in a loving supportive family who accepted his powers but still remain wary of character. Character loves his sisters more than anything and is determined to protect them at any and all costs. Character is also engaged to another character which I'll send another template through. Powers came about in a thunder storm and was hit at the age of nine by a lightning bolt which should have killed him, the lightning bolt left him in two month coma, he discovered his powers shortly after waking up and instantly began to learn how to use and develop his powers with the help of his sisters and fiance.
Powers: As a result of the lightning strike, character is able to harness lightning as a devastating weapon. Lightning is red in colour but turns black when character loses all control of his temper. Character can also channel his power through a wand resulting in a smaller but still powerful lightning bolt. Character can emit lightning from his fingertips (Think the Emperor in Star Wars using Force Lightning). Character was able to learn how to better control his powers from video games and comic books alomg with assistance from his sisters.
Strengths: Character can channel a pure lightning storm through him and deliver severe damage to any obstacle in its path. Character also works better when he is aware of his fiance & sisters' wellbeing and safety. Character is trustworthy and friendly to any ally he comes across.
Weaknesses: Water is his key weakness but he is also extremely scared of enclosed spaces which leads to a severe case of claustrophobia. Character is prone to lose his temper and is very difficult to calm down as a result of his powers which flare up in both intensity and volume of lethality.
Alignment: Good/Light so long as his family is well. Very prone to fall to the dark side if he loses his sisters and/or fiance.
jchangpa chapter 19 . 3/26
Well I do not know what to think after this explanation. My best action here is to stop and start from scratch when it came back. Thank for writing
Chris Redfield-General Chaos chapter 19 . 3/26
I can understand the desire to improve and change direction when you feel you've hit a dead end, hope you can make the changes quick and easy like. That being said however, and I feel the need to ask this, isn't this already like the third or fourth version of this story? Perhaps instead of teasing us with works that you don't have fleshed out and could pull like you're doing now and have done in the past when you hit such a roadblock, create the basic outline of your intended story from start to finish, and use the time between chapter updates to iron out the details that progress the story. That way you have a clear vision of where you're taking your fic and wont have to worry about needing to read back through and check if you strayed from your intended plot path.

With that said however, you're still a thousand times better then an author who simply abandons their work for no apparent reason, certainly no explanation. You give honest feedback to your fans and keep your promises of doing what you say you'll do. It's a sad thing that such awesome commitment is rare to see in fanfic authors these days. Keep pushing forward, despite these setbacks you tend to have, you do amazing work.
darth Queidus chapter 19 . 3/26
The new plot sounds good. My one hope is that Harry eventually wins. Many evil Harry stories have not been complete and some such as the darkness within while very good ultimately have him redeemed. Still, he could use a challenge. Are you going to have him defeat Dumbledore easily. He is annoying.
Shadow D. Princess chapter 19 . 3/26
Dude some one with Star Wars powers of the Jedi and naruto
Skelo chapter 1 . 3/26
Very interesting. But for the Mystics; instead of making them more powerful (the cheap way of creating conflict) make them different. I implore you to read the masterpiece known as A Third Path to the Future. That has powerful harry; one who can win in slugfests. but some of their opponents have different powers which changes the battlefield; removing the slug-fest problem. Be creative; its magic not DBZ mate :)
Wawsome write more
nunobo chapter 19 . 3/25
Man I already have an idea for a character that I really like I like to fantasize in my spare time and think of oc's I'm really looking forward to the next chapter
Reiajade chapter 19 . 3/25
I was so hype thinking that this was a new chapter, but I can understand where your coming from, so I'll be sitting here waiting patiently for the rewrite
Black Phoenix Dragon chapter 18 . 3/12
Excellent story. I agree that this one feels less rushed than your last one. Keep writing!
Good story, shame you packed it in :(
lalo80 chapter 1 . 2/26
Porfa actualiza pronto
ayashi chapter 5 . 2/3
Lightning ball is probably the worse 'mainstream' power/magic/spell ever. a horzontal lightning ?why not. a lightning arc?No problem. a rain of lightning?kind of overkill but sure. a lightning trap? interesting idea. A lightning ball? just ... no!
If you think of how electricity works, how lightning happens in nature, then a ball of lightning is as absurd as frozen flames or fullplate underwere/bikini armor. It just doesn't work, no matter the character power of imagination.

I can think of one two thing that could, maybe, by some language abuse, potentially be called 'lightning ball':
# a ball of plasma: afterall lightning is plasma, kindoff. Electricity passes through air, superheats it into plasma, which due to heat lights up violently, which is what we actually see when (natural) lightning happens. BUT it doesn't behave in ANY way as lightning. no caracteristic sound, no lightning visual effects, it 'burns' when it touvhs anything, even splashes like something of 'liquid super hot fire'. Definitively no stuning or electrution.
# Those neat plasma lamps toys: that would have the visual expected of a lightning ball, but would also behave much differently upon hit, not mentioning you'd need two physical suports for it ( a core and a external non-conductive envelope like glass)
Jason chapter 18 . 1/14
Don't add fairy tale... Fairy tale is a good manga/show, but don't fucking mix it with Harry Potter... There's already too much crossover shit.
CJ chapter 18 . 1/4
Very hot story and really well written! Hoping that you will continue writing it
716 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »