Reviews for The Specter of Death
scifijoe chapter 5 . 9/22
I just love to reread some stories. This is one of them. It is amazing, that both Kim and Shego sound just like Laura Branigan and Mr. Mister. Amazing.
DUKEAJS chapter 1 . 6/22
Thank you for writing this well thought-out story
LJ58 chapter 31 . 12/6/2015
Can't believe I missed this one. A fellow reader tipped me off to this series, and from the first chapter, I was hooked. Excellent characterization, and clever plotlines. Brava!
Guest chapter 31 . 11/3/2015
Nice twist at the end.
scifijoe chapter 15 . 10/29/2015
hi, still like this story. One question, re: Firebird. What kind of plane is it based on? I am thinking of something based on the XB-70, Valkyrie with what? Not the X-Men transport. I am stumped.
As to the why, I have a page over at under this name. I am a Scale Modeler and I like to build stuff based on shows and stories. I would like to build this with your permission and I would credit you for the idea. Thanks.
jimbostevenson chapter 31 . 9/9/2015
soo what was the point of this? there was no sequel so.. Im confused
Hewhoislost chapter 14 . 8/2/2015
Love the fic. I will admit Monique's abbreviations do throw me sometimes, even in the show all those years ago.
scifijoe chapter 13 . 7/25/2015
That was a good chapter.
Konan15 chapter 15 . 2/2/2015
Woah…did not see that coming hehe shouldve gave drakken the benefit of the doubt
rebekka chapter 2 . 5/17/2014
I thought this was very good. I like the way how the writer makes us the readers feel like we were there . I feel really sorry Kim though that said.
So yeah this is cool can't wait to read the rest.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 31 . 3/7/2014
Interesting bit of work, to say the least.
Your plot development felt a bit too fast at times- some details could be explained as the external influence affecting peoples’ judgement, but Kim starting a relationship with Shego this shortly after Ron’s death just felt disrespectful to his memory even if Kim still acknowledged Ron’s loss and we assume that Ron wouldn’t want Kim to constantly brood over his death- and a few of your characters’ spoken reactions just feel a bit too structured and therefore less natural, but the central concept was interesting, starting with Kim’s shaken condition at the start and going on from there to explore what happened to Ron and how Shego ends up finding Kim where everyone else failed.
Your choice of villains for the story was also effective- Monkey Fist is a dangerous combatant, when you get down to it, and even if Electronique only appeared once you can’t deny that she’d obviously help compensate for Fist’s own lack of knowledge when it comes to technology- and even if I wasn’t sure about how quickly you had Kim and Shego admit their feelings for each other all the way up to saying the L-word, how it came up felt relatively natural, as did their subsequent exploration of their new bond and Kim’s decision to expand the team (As well as what each new member brought to the table).
I was initially surprised that the new team didn’t immediately dive into tracking Electronique, but on reflection it made sense- they have no reason to be aware that she’s up to anything new this soon after her last scheme and so were focusing more on rebuilding the team to get Kim back in the game- and such moments as Hego’s insanity were interesting twists, along with the complications of Yori’s agenda.
However, I felt that your plot was let down by the relatively late addition of Rufus to the metaphorical gameboard. The reason why he was able to turn the tables in the final fight made sense, but when you took that long to even make a reference to him in the storyline (The earlier flashbacks don’t count), even after Kim’s first return to Middleton, it felt like you just forgot about him earlier and only stuck him in when you realised that you needed him for the conclusion (Although, to be fair, your conclusion WAS effective; all that planning on the villain’s part, down the drain because of the one detail she overlooked).
All in all, a good concept with some interesting ideas and an engaging plot that led to a generally satisfying conclusion, but the pacing of the storyline needs some work; some bits just felt like they were happening too quickly to be plausible.
Concolor44 chapter 10 . 2/4/2014
They took that surprisingly well. The Doctors Possible, I mean.

... But then, my wife and I took it with utter nonchalance when OUR daughter told us she was bi. So I guess I shouldn't be shocked. It happens in real life, so why not in fan-fiction, eh?
Concolor44 chapter 9 . 2/4/2014
... Oh.

Oh! Yori isn't here to HELP. She's here to fight KIM.

Well, crap.
Concolor44 chapter 8 . 2/3/2014
Well. Kim has CERTAINLY adapted well to being Shego's girlfriend, hasn't she? No heavy-duty hanky-panky, but STILL enough sexual tension to saw into blocks. Loved how they made up with each other.

Drakken was hilarious! Good job!
Concolor44 chapter 7 . 1/31/2014
Your description of that meal they had at the Five Sails had my salivary glands on overdrive and my eyes all but crossed.

Oooooooooooooo. . . . . . . . . . . .
So now there is a super-ninja on the case, if that final character is who I think she is.
Interestinger and interestinger.