Reviews for Love Hurts
SassMaster8497 chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
interestin story...but audrey needs to relize that it is how life works...even if u love someone there will always ALWAYS b someone u love more than them
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Oh wow, this completely blew me away with its bittersweetness (I hope that's a word :p )! Poor, poor, poor Audrey - and poor Percy too! It's a completely heartbreaking situation - like he says, he needs her but he doesn't love her as much as he loves Oliver... *tears*

I really like that you did branch out and write something you wouldn't normally (ie Percy/Audrey) but still included the Percy/Oliver ship - it made the story so poignant and added a nice original twist. Overall, this was beautifully written and lovely to read - thanks for entering the competition!
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Oh, darling.
I… I honestly think this might be my favorite of your fics that I've read. I honestly do. It is mind-blowingly amazing.

It's /perfect/. Absolutely, completely /perfect/l

""You love him," she whispers softly. "Even after all this time, you do. I can see it in your eyes. And if he wanted to try again, you would go back to him without a second thought." I can just /feel/ her agony here. And as fiercely as you know that I ship Percy/Oliver, there's something about this that makes me ship Percy/Audrey so much, and I just feel so bad for her, to have to be aware of this.

And Percy! All of his reactions are so amazing. Especially the last two bits of him speaking, because it's just… exactly, everything she needs to hear, without being false. It's honest and true, but very much what she needs him to say. Lovely.

I just love this fic so much. I just do. Really, really, very much. Wonderful. Gorgeous. Lovely. (insert positive adjective here).

Fantastic job, m'dear!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
There is just something about bittersweet stories that really gets to me... Nobody really gets a happy ending here and it's so real and heartbreaking. I love that you have Audrey whispering how he loves him more than he could ever love her- the whisper makes it so much better than if she were yelling at him. It's like she's accepting it, stating it as fact, rather than being upset about it. Brilliant, overall. :)
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Aww. That is heartbreaking but I'm glad that she stays with him. I always prefer Percy/Oliver over Percy/anyone else but the way you've written this moment between he and Audrey was really well done. And as painful as it is to hear that Percy doesn't love her completely like she loves him, its so beautiful that he admits it but gives her everything he has and commits. I don't think Percy would do anything half-assed so I think that's in character for him. Great job with this!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Great job on this! I actually like both PercyOliver and PercyAudrey, and I really like how you showed the two different relationships. I really love how Percy loves both Audrey and Oliver, but in different ways and he kind of needs Audrey more, even if he might want to go back to Oliver. It's very well-written, you and your beta did a great job making it perfect with SPaG, at least as far as I'm concerned. I really like your characterization of Audrey as well, I think you definitely gave an insight to her personality and her relationship with Percy. I can picture her loving him completely and wanting to tell him that it isn't enough, but not being able to do so. I really like how you paint Percy as a sympathetic character, and you definitely show there's more to him than just the rules-obsessed prat we see in canon. I really enjoyed this, wonderful drabble!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Sad and sweet. Keep writing
kci47 chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Wow, I thought this was much longer when I read it the first time-you pack so much into such a short piece, it's really fantastic!