Reviews for How Hard Could It Be?
SAMGTT700 chapter 5 . 7/1
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the word Andromeda was the motel Shepard was at.
Didd23 chapter 3 . 2/22
I remember when I wanted to hold every knife I saw.
SpectreStatus313 chapter 29 . 5/25/2014
Very well done story, this is exactly the way I could see my Shepard and Ashley romance panning out, I loved that you made the crew an important part of their daughter's lives because I believe they would have been as well, the ending with the whole crew and their kids at the museum was a very good idea, Maddy, Jennifer and Anna know their parents are important people but I think they never really got the sense of just how important and how miraculous Shepard and the crew's actions were. As the author I didn't know if you did that on purpose or not but I'm glad it turned out that way because that's reality, no matter how much people told them how special their parents were they never really lived through the era of the reapers, telling and experiencing are two different things and I just think the museum was just a near perfect way for to to shed light on Maddy and the twins and give them a deeper understanding of what the galaxy went through and why people respect her parents so much..all in all I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I hope someday you come back to it and write some more random chapters or even make a new story arch...as a huge Mass Effect fan I thank you for this
Luke Danger chapter 23 . 3/26/2014
I have to say, that was an excellent use of mood whiplash, jumping from serious to heartwarming to funny. Not too much felt out of character.

Honestly, my main complaint is probably that biotics and tech attacks seem underused. Like, Shepard is a biotic and uses a Throw field during that kidnapping attempt, but still considers a sidearm as critical and I don't think Omni-blades were ever used when appropriate. I mean, it's not a detraction, but I still feel like "Okay, how stupid are these guys to think they can break into the room of a biotic who's faced down Banshees and won?" I mean, I'm not saying Shepard should be invincible, the hostage situation at the sweet sixteen actually made perfect sense. But honestly, that's a minor quibble but you deserve the honest criticism.

Even if it would of been funny to see biotics and tech attacks used in the great Normandy war (which is something I always wish they had done; the team just grabs some paintball guns and have at it for some laidback fun)

Overall an excellent story, and no one felt dramatically out of character and any OOC there /was/ felt natural given the circumstances - IE, Ashley going nuts about Maddy's safety after that attack on the Citadel.

And yes, I will join any chorus hating the politicians for letting Shep take all the credit when he himself is trying to spread it around fairly, but I guess that's history. The longer it goes on, the less detail is retained and eventually only the biggest names are remembered and studied. I still love the fact that Hackett more or less set up that the entire Alliance military would of given the politicians the middle finger about trying to force Shep to retire for not becoming Councilor - hell, show some politicians calling it out as stupid too. Would of been amusing to see the smug face of Udina's replacement vanish when (s)he realizes that (s)he picked the wrong fight.

You also handled poor Maddy having to deal with her parent's reputation nicely. TBH, I almost expect that if Shep had kids (s)he'd try to go somewhere remote to do it, where the reputation either won't be as big or its a community that wouldn't be constantly pushing it. I'm glad you didn't dodge the issue even if you waited on showing it.

Also, I love how Garrus goes from just showing Maddy pistol basics to a rapid fire sniper rifle. Shepard should just be glad he doesn't still have the Cain :D
Kirook chapter 29 . 12/1/2013
This story is all around excellent. I was hoping for a fic like this to come around and this is everything I hoped it would be. As for suggestions for the future, I liked the chapter where Maddy joined the war games, so maybe Anna and Jennifer could join when they get a little older? Also, a minor question: what class is Shepard in this fic? the characters' dialogue suggests he's a soldier, but he uses biotics when the thugs attempt to kidnap Maddy. This is just a small thing, though; otherwise, keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 29 . 11/24/2013
CN7 chapter 4 . 11/6/2013
So good to read up on the crew. Woah Liara haha. I'm glad they're all safe.
CN7 chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Aww that was sweet
swartzvald chapter 12 . 6/7/2013
Saw that coming. A few chapters ago I thought to myself "Self," I said "I bet s/he's going to make her lesbian." And I was right!
swartzvald chapter 8 . 6/7/2013
Random wolf attack? Seriously? You know wolves don't do that right? You're much more likely to be killed by a stray dog than a wolf.
Anyway, apart from that you're doing quite well. Enjoing the story so far. And I usealy hate storie about people kids
Guest chapter 12 . 6/3/2013
Well that's just great, why is it that people always have to ruin a story with lesbian or gay "love" bullshit.
Guest chapter 11 . 3/14/2013
You left out Garrus...
Masseffect78789 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
You can do a chapter on how they got there credits
Masseffect78789 chapter 29 . 3/4/2013
You should make a chapter of when they are older and maddy has kids
general-joseph-dickson chapter 29 . 2/6/2013
Ashley was great in this chapter.